Fitness & Health Dojo

BruceWayne911

Arm Break Fire (➡️⬅️⬅️ 👐)
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Decided to start this topic to share and monitor my fitness, health and weight loss journey. I'd also like to hear everyone else's fitness/health results and journey. 7 years ago I was very active in weight lifting. I weighted 225lbs with muscular physique. I developed some dietary bad habits and became inactive. Around 9-11-22 I weighed myself on the scale at my gym and the scale said I was 320lbs. I decided it was time to take action. Im also currently on a CPAP machine for my sleep arena. This machine assets me in breathing at night.

Since 9-11-22 I've made a number of changes to my diet. No fried foods, no processed junk food(chips, cookies,candy bars, soda, etc). Just plain solid good food with some health supplementation. I've also been lifting weights since 9-11-22 and just left the gym after doing leg day. When I weighed myself today the scale shows 314lbs, currently I've lost 6lbs. For years I have lost discipline and lost sight of 3 out of the 4 wude.

Gon - Everyday, without neglect, to keep training.

Dan - Be brave and stay calm to make the right decision.

Yi - To act without hesitation, to do what is right.

Decided to commit myself to a lifestyle change with some pretty lofty goals. My bench press is currently 185lbs for 6 reps, I'd like to get up to 315lbs for 3 reps. My number #1 goal is to master the pull-up bar. I can barely do 1 pull-up and even before I was overweight I wasn't good at pull-ups. My goal with pull-ups to to be able to do a muscle up. I also want to get off my CPAP machine. Please join me and share your fitness/health plans.

"Let's get Sweaty."- Ryo

20220926_121022.jpg

20220926_121104.jpg

20220926_121217.jpg

Last edited:
Investing in one own health is key, well done mate. We must be alive in order to see this game series end.

Im glad you seem to give the proper importance to develop muscle. This is usually misunderstood, "I don't want to get too big", and then neglected in favour of aerobics for burning fat.
The problem of this is when one gets old, the muscle tissue drastically reduces and this means more prone to pains, movility problems, etc.
I suggest, dont go alone to gym, get some partner to support each other and assisted by someone pro, just tell this person what do you want.

My bet is your original plan wont change too much. Focus on strengh, aerobics come along. Futhemore, focusing in aerobics tend to exhaust and abandoning, while the quicker reward factor of muscle training keep you at it.
Even goin up or downstairs, you check your step gradually get more firm.
I repeat, assisted by some proffesional.

About diet, I dont have the knowledge to give you risk free advice. Sometimes I do trap-food, for example cutting an apple like fried chips, its kind of sad.
I had the desire of getting back to my sport life, but Im always exhausted due to work being kind of demanding physically. In my case I lost too much weight (15kg) and gaining its hard.

Go go Bruce.
Uh, where? Stay away from my mama's house!! 😠😠

Lost 2 more pounds this week, added ten more pounds to my bench also. Post workout meal sweet & salty sweet potatoes and two ribeye steaks. Down to 310lbs from 320lbs(subtract 2lbs for clothes).

View attachment 17040

View attachment 17041

View attachment 17042
Really cool! I heard that losing more than 2 kg/4 pounds involves increasing chance for bounce effect (regaining double the previously lost weight) and others health risks.
I didn't "fact-checked" but also drinking cold (not frozen) water gets you to accelarate methabolism with time. Supposedly it has something to do with your body generating warm to heat that cold water you provided. It just burns the same calories amount as walking up a short staircase or less but later supposedly one gets to burn better.
And I dont know about you mate but I love walking, hate running, and loved skipping rope rounds.
You're gonna make it!

308636756_460276842830292_7703659779932893926_n.jpg

I am close to two months clean of Soft Drink. I've been walking 8k steps every day. Doing some strength training with weights and resistance bands under the watchful eyes of both my local PT and virtual PT Torrie Wilson (yes, the former WWE Diva) over at Sage Spot (long story on that one...if you had told me when I was a kid that Torrie Wilson would know my name and face one day, I wouldn't have believed you :ROFLMAO: )

So why is this photo of importance? Because I can actually get that shirt buttoned up again :sneaky:

Granted I still have a LONG way to go and much more weight to lose but for the first time in 3 years I can actually button up this dress shirt again. That's a fucking huge win for me!

So that's my progress report. 50 Days Without Soft Drink. Losing some weight and feeling good. In it for the long haul. Also been weening other stuff from the diet as we go along.

You're doing amazing, man!
I know it's not been easy, but I'm glad you've come so far. You deserve every achievement made. Be proud of yourself.

My own story:
Okay, so last year I was around 250lbs I think.
Due to health reasons, and a hospitalization in February (weight something in 230slb then) I drastically changed my diet and started doing much more basic cardio. I'm around 187lb right now.

Thank you to everyone for the words of encouragement and to those in the fight keep going. I increased my bench from 215lbd to 235lbs this week and also raised my leg press from 820lbs to 900lbs. 225lbs was a 3 month goal for me but its but a little over a month and I've already pasted it. Now I've got my eyes set on 315lbs for 5 reps. I don't have a scale picture to show the scale at the gym was inoperable. Lets get mentally and physically healthy and let's get Shenmue 4.

I used to be one of the biggest party expats ever. Had crazy times in England,Dobuita, Tokyo,HK,Vietnam and Chengdu and great stories to tell. These days i spend my free time running around lakes in Chengdu and working out in the boxing gym. Im a skinny guy but just focused on getting lean and hitting bags. Might move to Thailand after next year and take up Muay Thai.

Thank you to everyone for the words of encouragement and to those in the fight keep going. I increased my bench from 215lbd to 235lbs this week and also raised my leg press from 820lbs to 900lbs. 225lbs was a 3 month goal for me but its but a little over a month and I've already pasted it. Now I've got my eyes set on 315lbs for 5 reps. I don't have a scale picture to show the scale at the gym was inoperable. Lets get mentally and physically healthy and let's get Shenmue 4.
Keep up the good work mate!

I'm 5'9 and was always the skinny guy (33 years old). 150 lbs. I decided i was done being a rail and started lifting weights 2 and a half years ago. Currently 180 lbs and only 11 percent body fat (NO SHAME FLEX) everywhere i go im "the buff dude" and people always call me swole. I play it off but it always feels good after being picked on for being skinny for 31 years. people dont view me as a joke immediately anymore. Ive noticed in public and when meeting new people men show me WAY more respect than before and women seem to glance a solid second and a half longer (im married so doesnt really matter though) What ive learned is if you arent in shape, get in shape! society treats you differently. Should it work that way? no. but it does
EDIT: and to the guys above me. Stay on track. The key is discipline not motivation. motivation takes you short distances. discipline takes you anywhere you want to be. Will you fuc up sometimes? of course. Sometimes you'll cave and eat the donut. Sometimes you'll wake up, feel like crap and say no gym today. i dont have it in me. but if you can stick to the plan litterally 98 percent of the time you will get where you want to be. dont give up. stay on track. might take a few years even but it will be worth it! i believe in you and know you got this. Just remember everyone is laughing and saying you will fail. Make them beg for forgiveness when you make them look like peasants

Last edited:
I'm 5'9 and was always the skinny guy (33 years old). 150 lbs. I decided i was done being a rail and started lifting weights 2 and a half years ago.

interested to know your workout routine. i grew up quite skinny, i got into fitness quite late in life but mainly focused on cardio/running. i'm a lot healthier and gained some muscle but i've had limited success with lifting. it doesn't seem to work for me.

Last edited:
I'm 5'9 and was always the skinny guy (33 years old). 150 lbs. I decided i was done being a rail and started lifting weights 2 and a half years ago. Currently 180 lbs and only 11 percent body fat (NO SHAME FLEX) everywhere i go im "the buff dude" and people always call me swole. I play it off but it always feels good after being picked on for being skinny for 31 years. people dont view me as a joke immediately anymore. Ive noticed in public and when meeting new people men show me WAY more respect than before and women seem to glance a solid second and a half longer (im married so doesnt really matter though) What ive learned is if you arent in shape, get in shape! society treats you differently. Should it work that way? no. but it does
EDIT: and to the guys above me. Stay on track. The key is discipline not motivation. motivation takes you short distances. discipline takes you anywhere you want to be. Will you fuc up sometimes? of course. Sometimes you'll cave and eat the donut. Sometimes you'll wake up, feel like crap and say no gym today. i dont have it in me. but if you can stick to the plan litterally 98 percent of the time you will get where you want to be. dont give up. stay on track. might take a few years even but it will be worth it! i believe in you and know you got this. Just remember everyone is laughing and saying you will fail. Make them beg for forgiveness when you make them look like peasants
I like some of your points but I believe this approach will end hurting yourself and some loved ones in the way. Im aware life is hard, and people can be very cruel but basing your routine in standing above other people (even if they're jerks to you) is unhealthy. To me is like giving power and control over my life to someone elses. The punches and kicks should be geared to our shadow, ourselves.
Again I think you willing to encourage, not offense plz good luck

I like some of your points but I believe this approach will end hurting yourself and some loved ones in the way. Im aware life is hard, and people can be very cruel but basing your routine in standing above other people (even if they're jerks to you) is unhealthy. To me is like giving power and control over my life to someone elses. The punches and kicks should be geared to our shadow, ourselves.
Again I think you willing to encourage, not offense plz good luck
Yes. Being competitive is bad. I will increase the soy in my diet

interested to know your workout routine. i grew up quite skinny, i got into fitness quite late in life but mainly focused on cardio/running. i'm a lot healthier and gained some muscle but i've had limited success with lifting. it doesn't seem to work for me.
The answer to your question lies in your question. You said it doesn't work for you so you stopped. Stopping is the problem you can't stop you must be consistent and you must be consistently consistent. It's a lifestyle change not a hobby change until results. My routine is push pull legs with a goal of 7 days a week. I take rest days when needed. You'll know when to rest. You'll feel it. I then pick up where I left off. Many people say but that's too much time. It's 45 minutes a day. People spend more than that on social media
EDIT: also if you're over the age of 30 and you have been consistent in the past for a year plus and still saw no results it could be a testosterone issue which is nothing to be ashamed of. Testosterone goes down with age it's just part of being a human being. If you think that might be an issue see a doctor and see about getting on testosterone I know a guy who's 40 years old on testosterone who lifts and it changed his life not just physical presence but in his motivation for everything

Last edited:
Reactions: red
Mid week workout

Pyramid down pushups & squats. I started with 13 pushups then 13 squats, rest 2mins. Then 12 pushups and 12 squats, rest 2mins, etc. Once I reach 1 I rest another 2mins then do as many pushups and squats to failure. All together I did 103 pushups and 113 squats, Easy Money 💰 💸 💪

I just do bassai dai and thats It.
Try to add to your exercise rounds of kiba dachi - horse stance.
It can be done at brushing teeth, washing dishes and all.
After 1 week only, tell me about your feeling at stepping when going up or downstairs. This implies knees health.

For the upper body, maybe somebody else can confirm the rewards of pushing for example a wall with maxs trenght for 1', rest, push wall, etc.
If you have some garden space, lift a heavy rock very quick up to chin and throw front, repeat. I can do this daily because Im gardener and its required to dig out rocks that practically are melted to ground.
You dont need machines or closed spaces to train. Just any enviroment, own bodyweight, unamovible force (wall, floor, Mole from Hulk) and optionally rocks is enough.

Trivia: In Spain, we call round belly "Flex of Happiness"

Last edited:
Back