Fitness & Health Dojo

Mid week workout

Pyramid pushups and squats starting with 15 and working down to 1. Once I reach 1 I rest and do pushups and squats to failure. Today I did 126 pushups and 155 squats, easy 💰 💸 💪

How come nobody has thought about this before? This thread is awesome.
I am writing on my behalf to tell you that I am also working out and sticking to a controlled diet. Weighed myself a week and a half ago and had a weight of 122.5kg standing at around 180/182cm tall. I am doing some long strolls around the forest next to my house and I'm visiting a renowned gym in my town, where my trainer gives me directions. I then weighed myself again yesterday and lost around 2.5kg in less than a week! The trick is that I eat only two to three meals per day and drink plenty of water to compensate. My diet currently consists of pre-made salads, home-cooked meals, most of them are vegetarian and flexitarian, water, coffee and tea. Although I must let you know that I am at the very beginning of my fitness journey and there is some occasional "sinful" snacking present. The good news is that next month I'll start with my new job working at the same gym that I'm visiting, meaning that I'll not only work out, but also make some moolah while doing so. Really looking forward to it. Oh and I am supporting everyone that is making an effort at the fitness dojo. You guys are doing a great job!

Start of the year, I was at the heaviest I've ever weighed, around 135kg.. Through watching what I eat, I managed to lose around a stone. The target was to lose 2 stones this year. I just done it by diet, no working out, and plateaued around the 128 kg mark. Need to hit the gym or do some serious exercise at home to start shedding the weight again. Screenshot_2022-10-29-20-47-03-189_app.weightfit.android.jpg

I've always lifted weights on and off in my adult life but about a year ago I started taking it more seriously. I do 2 gym sessions a week and an hour of Kickboxing. I'm approaching 40 so i felt like it's really now or never :)

Attachments

• IMG_20221012_132038.jpg
    IMG_20221012_132038.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
@Down by Law hey remember that arguing that we had... It - doesn't - matters! 🎶Its ok! 🎶
You were right, like always. I was wrong, like always.

Edit (Important Reminder to everyone starting exercise after long time off): Always take a medical test for heart effort/stress. Its easy painless procedure, just doing few exercises being monitored. It could save your life.

Last edited:
About a week ago I weighed in at about 420Ibs. This is obviously very bad, and it has gotten to the point where I wake up in the morning with sore muscles all over. I am sick and tired of being winded after taking the stairs, or wanting to take a nap after a short trip to the store, so I want to change.

Currently, I'm working on changing my diet. I have completely cut out pop and caffiene and have started opting for carbonated flavored water. I am struggling with a lack of caffiene, I have tremendous headaches and tend to crash during the day, but I am making progress. I am starting to eat cleaner food attempting to eat a mostly protein rich diet following keto.

I want to start exercising soon, but this is very hard for me still. I am just trying to go up and down the stairs at this point and hope to evolve to more intense routines down the line.

I keep ya'll updated when I have more results to share.

It's been awhile since I posted but I have new updates. My bench press has increased to 285lbs, squats 314lbs. I've also been working on my forearms. I use these items called hand grippers, the brand I'm using is called Gripzilla. Each hand gripper is color coordinated with a specific weight. When I first started I could only fully close the 50lb hand grips. Now I can almost fully close the 200lb hand grip. It's been a little over 2 months but I feel like a new man all thats left to do is get my diet in check.

Gripzilla workout routine: start with the lowest weight and do 6 sets of 10 reps with each hand. The first 3 sets hold the gripper with the coil facing up toward the sky, the next 3 sets hold the gripper with the coil facing down toward the ground. Take a day off to recover and then do the exact same workout but add 2 reps to each set. Take another day off and the next day add 2 more reps to each set. Continue this routine till you can do 6 sets of 30 reps with each hand. Once this has been accomplished move up to the next weight tier and start over from the beginning. Take 2mins in between sets to rest.

Gripzilla Gripper Kit

Pink(Baby)- 50lbs

Silver(Toddler)- 100lbs

Blue(Big Boy)- 150lbs

Red(Punisher)- 200lbs

Black(Bone Crusher)- 250lbs

Gold(Gripzilla)- 300lbs

20221117_192304.jpg

im so happy to see a thread like this here youre killing it bruce. i havent really spoke about myself much my prfoile picture is around 5 years old, im from wolverhampton, england but now i live in phuket thailand and have lived in thailand mostly for the last 9 years, i fought muay thai professionally until around 4 years ago when i had a pretty bad motorbike accident which damaged my shoulder badly and forced me to retired from fighting. when that happened i felt like id lost my identity, id been proffessionally fighting since i was 16 (im 33 now) and training since i was 5 and not being able to do that any mmore crushed me, i started to drink alot, i got into really bad shape, gained 50+lbs it wasnt good. anyay i got surgery and although they said i probably shouldnt fight again they said i could train, so from there i started to do crossfit style, functional fitness stuff gradually ive been able to hit pads again a few times a week, im in a lucky postion, where i live is all about health and fitness a lot of my friends are coaches to the UFC guys that come through so ive been blessed to get great advice from them and learn more about fitness outside of martial arts.
around 2 years ago i was training i a local gym and got asked if id ever done acting work, i was honest and said other than drama at school here and there i hadnt done anything like that, to cut a long story short ive been in 5 thai/chinese movies, a german mini series and ive been trained in stunts and fight choreograohy by the same guy that taughgt tony jaa ,fingers crossed i have a pretty big US movie next year too. life can be crazy at times and you never know whats around the corner or who youre going to meet but life is so much better when youre taking care of your health.
this is me now, i still have problems with my shoulder and the years of martial arts have taken their toll but i still turn up most days and keep doing what i can. im not going to say i know everything about fitness (i do coach some times though) but if you guys need any help or advice if i can help you i will

Attachments

• 277308272_7277588232314383_1457673280609774041_n.jpg
    277308272_7277588232314383_1457673280609774041_n.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 11
im so happy to see a thread like this here youre killing it bruce. i havent really spoke about myself much my prfoile picture is around 5 years old, im from wolverhampton, england but now i live in phuket thailand and have lived in thailand mostly for the last 9 years, i fought muay thai professionally until around 4 years ago when i had a pretty bad motorbike accident which damaged my shoulder badly and forced me to retired from fighting. when that happened i felt like id lost my identity, id been proffessionally fighting since i was 16 (im 33 now) and training since i was 5 and not being able to do that any mmore crushed me, i started to drink alot, i got into really bad shape, gained 50+lbs it wasnt good. anyay i got surgery and although they said i probably shouldnt fight again they said i could train, so from there i started to do crossfit style, functional fitness stuff gradually ive been able to hit pads again a few times a week, im in a lucky postion, where i live is all about health and fitness a lot of my friends are coaches to the UFC guys that come through so ive been blessed to get great advice from them and learn more about fitness outside of martial arts.
around 2 years ago i was training i a local gym and got asked if id ever done acting work, i was honest and said other than drama at school here and there i hadnt done anything like that, to cut a long story short ive been in 5 thai/chinese movies, a german mini series and ive been trained in stunts and fight choreograohy by the same guy that taughgt tony jaa ,fingers crossed i have a pretty big US movie next year too. life can be crazy at times and you never know whats around the corner or who youre going to meet but life is so much better when youre taking care of your health.
this is me now, i still have problems with my shoulder and the years of martial arts have taken their toll but i still turn up most days and keep doing what i can. im not going to say i know everything about fitness (i do coach some times though) but if you guys need any help or advice if i can help you i will

Dude that's amazing...I live in Dudley! Small world ! I also do kickboxing , currently red and black belt, going for black next year! I started late (32) so i'm too old for competition, I'll be 38 next year but I do love a good sparring session 👍

Dude that's amazing...I live in Dudley! Small world ! I also do kickboxing , currently red and black belt, going for black next year! I started late (32) so i'm too old for competition, I'll be 38 next year but I do love a good sparring session 👍
thanks man! its crazy such a small world, i used to train at firewalker gym in wolverhampton. and bro youre only as old as you feel if the time came you wanted to give it a try dont let yourself be held back by a number!

66f.jpg

I saw your post early but haven't a chance to calmly read it til now. Your message is full of motivation, specially for anywho suffered some kind of accident leading to training routine undesired changes or removals. Im sorry to hear you experienced that... It had to be plainly fucking awful and scary situation.
But it seems like you grabbed the bull by the horns. Im writing down your advice offer, thats also sure.

That was the kind natured trapt, now just tell me the adress of your sparring session with @Down by Law so I can take a fly there and teach you a lesson the both simultaneously.
Recreation: You guys approach by both left and right side. I stand there with blank expression, feeling my breath. Suddenly, a shout from the guts pierces the air "empi!" and next you know you're lying on the floor in pain wondering what just have happened.

Setting goals, having dedication, giving 100% effort and mentally locking in truly works. Just left the gym today was chest/triceps. One of my goals was to be able to bench press 315lbs...I did it💪, being completely honest it didn't feel as heavy as I thought. Next week on chest day I shoot a video to post on the Dojo. Its been a little over 2 months so far on my journey and I'm already stronger than I've ever been💪

Gon - Everyday, without neglect, to keep training.

Back