Getting in touch with past members...

Sorry I didn’t read your post properly. Maybe he would be the ultimate person to get in touch with!
Like why make a post on that blog that we may never check instead of logging into the site? It's all very odd and still worries me some. @shengoro86 could you shed some light? I know we were both trying to figure it out at the time.

So I've mentioned this to a few people, namely Ash, Darkly, Heart of Swords, Juanfran and I've reached out to Hei Long. A couple of maybes and I'm waiting to hear back on the others. I mentioned it to khien the last time I spoke with her and I will do again next time but I don't think it was something she was particularly interested in.

How could I forget? I've been thinking more and more of those years of my life and the impact they had on me. Never really mentioned much about this but I was bullied a lot at school during that period and the forums and website were my escape from everything.
Ah man, that sucks and I suspect it may not be that uncommon either.

I certainly know for myself the community helped give me a sense of belonging that I didn't have offline. As I've mentioned previously in this topic I'm a very sentimental person but I genuinely cannot overstate how important all of it was in helping me change the course of my life.

I still love Pearl Jam and Metallica :tongueout:
As you should. I regret not going to see Pearl Jam a couple of months back in Amsterdam, lad I work with said it was ace.

A few more I have messaged I think that will be it for tonight....

Gutcruncher
DaMulder
Neoshredder
Who Really Cares?

Glad we have at least 2 people back!

I will see if I can ger DaMulder back. Think he has found me on Twitter :)

So I've mentioned this to a few people, namely Ash, Darkly, Heart of Swords, Juanfran and I've reached out to Hei Long. A couple of maybes and I'm waiting to hear back on the others. I mentioned it to khien the last time I spoke with her and I will do again next time but I don't think it was something she was particularly interested in.

Ah man, that sucks and I suspect it may not be that uncommon either.

I certainly know for myself the community helped give me a sense of belonging that I didn't have offline. As I've mentioned previously in this topic I'm a very sentimental person but I genuinely cannot overstate how important all of it was in helping me change the course of my life.

As you should. I regret not going to see Pearl Jam a couple of months back in Amsterdam, lad I work with said it was ace.

I'm not too different from you in this regard. This place was my escape when I was an awkward middle schooler and didn't have people I could really consider friends at the time. I remember looking forward to spending my weekends on the forums because they were that fun ?

Hi all,

I'm Mike. Joined back in Nov of 2003 as a young lad, but have lurked pretty consistently since, scrounging for Shenmue III rumors over the years. Like all of you, I was stunned when it finally was announced. I'm from the US and lived in western Pennsylvania my whole life, but last month packed my bags and drove out to Denver, Colorado to start a new chapter. (Any local fans? Let me know)

I was a little bummed to see the old forums completely locked, but after checking out the new site I realized evolution can be a good thing. Decided that even though I've hardly been an active member in over 10 years, that I should sign up and reclaim my handle, even though I'm not entirely fond of it.

Things are looking good on the new site and it's pretty special that after all these years, we can experience being on the cusp of a new era of Shenmue together. Just glancing at the date right now I've realized it was exactly 15 years ago today (7/31/03) that I completed Shenmue II for the first time on my Dreamcast - I have the save file intact. I think that, at the time, I didn't realize Shenmue III had such an uncertain fate until I discovered the Dojo shortly after. However, it wasn't until I replayed the games a few months later and truly realized how much I loved them that I became a member of the forums. The games were relatively new then, so I mostly stayed on the Shenmue boards, analyzing the story and praying for news on III, but to this day recognize a LOT of fellow Dojo members' usernames and can warmly recall trolling the junk forum with y'all, even though I was just a kid. Hard to believe I'm twice as old now than I was when I joined 15 years ago. Fun seeing these old names pop up. I wonder whatever happened to long-vanished members like Dr. Porkchop (and many others)

I had my doubts for a stretch of time there, but the last couple of Kickstarter updates, screenshots, and of course, the fact that Shenmue I and II HD is coming out in 3 weeks has me more optimistic than ever that Shenmue III will be a satisfying entry in the series. Here's hoping to its success - and hopefully a trailer and release date soon.

Cheers!

Hi all,

I'm Mike. Joined back in Nov of 2003 as a young lad, but have lurked pretty consistently since, scrounging for Shenmue III rumors over the years. Like all of you, I was stunned when it finally was announced. I'm from the US and lived in western Pennsylvania my whole life, but last month packed my bags and drove out to Denver, Colorado to start a new chapter. (Any local fans? Let me know)

I was a little bummed to see the old forums completely locked, but after checking out the new site I realized evolution can be a good thing. Decided that even though I've hardly been an active member in over 10 years, that I should sign up and reclaim my handle, even though I'm not entirely fond of it.

Things are looking good on the new site and it's pretty special that after all these years, we can experience being on the cusp of a new era of Shenmue together. Just glancing at the date right now I've realized it was exactly 15 years ago today (7/31/03) that I completed Shenmue II for the first time on my Dreamcast - I have the save file intact. I think that, at the time, I didn't realize Shenmue III had such an uncertain fate until I discovered the Dojo shortly after. However, it wasn't until I replayed the games a few months later and truly realized how much I loved them that I became a member of the forums. The games were relatively new then, so I mostly stayed on the Shenmue boards, analyzing the story and praying for news on III, but to this day recognize a LOT of fellow Dojo members' usernames and can warmly recall trolling the junk forum with y'all, even though I was just a kid. Hard to believe I'm twice as old now than I was when I joined 15 years ago. Fun seeing these old names pop up. I wonder whatever happened to long-vanished members like Dr. Porkchop (and many others)

I had my doubts for a stretch of time there, but the last couple of Kickstarter updates, screenshots, and of course, the fact that Shenmue I and II HD is coming out in 3 weeks has me more optimistic than ever that Shenmue III will be a satisfying entry in the series. Here's hoping to its success - and hopefully a trailer and release date soon.

Cheers!

Welcome back man! I used the handle of Malik Ishtahl, not sure if you remember me but I remember your username!

Good to see you back, and everyone else who has joined!

@Bambi, as long as Khien and others know that this place is not what it used to be. Its a shame those days really gave people a bad memory of this place :(

Good to see you back, and everyone else who has joined!

@Bambi, as long as Khien and others know that this place is not what it used to be. Its a shame those days really gave people a bad memory of this place :(

I must have missed something, or it happened after I stopped frequenting the forums. The last thing I remember was the forums splitting and some veterans starting their own. Did it get worse than that?

Thanks! Remember both Birty and Malik for sure. Glad so many of us are alive and kicking yet.

I may have meant to make my post in the new members' introduction thread, but this works too.

Hopefully some more familiars poke in to say hi

Thanks! Remember both Birty and Malik for sure. Glad so many of us are alive and kicking yet.

I may have meant to make my post in the new members' introduction thread, but this works too.

Hopefully some more familiars poke in to say hi
Feel free to head over to the new intro topic aswell there’s a few old faces in there you might recognise...?

Phil you made it!!! Nice one! As well as Araviel!

Welcome guys, welcome! Hope we have did this place justice for all you guys! Is all going well with you two! (Phil I will reply in a sec bud. Always up to my eyes with work to do now lol).

Back