Getting in touch with past members...

I messaged him on Facebook, he’s read the message but as of yet not replied.

I bumped into Mittens at the supermarket the other week! ?

I do find it odd that after more than ten years I've only met three from the Dojo, and you're the first Manc (considering the pretty strong contingent we had on here)

I was supposed to go for a few cheeky pints with @Sailors? n'all. What happened there?

@Bambi, as long as Khien and others know that this place is not what it used to be. Its a shame those days really gave people a bad memory of this place :(
If you mean with regard to Hellraiser/Zimming he and khien were pretty tight in the old days and she never really fell out with him so that wouldn't have been a factor.

I've mentioned it to a couple of the other guys who did feel a bit differently regarding that so we'll see what that brings.

So what, is this shenmue dojo 4.0?

Love that you guys are passionate enough to keep this community going for so long.
Another blast from the past! Good to see you're doing well, I am a little fuzzy on the details but you were set on some big career move last time I saw you post, I want to say defense or something but I may be way off.

Cheers! Couldn't resist the pull!
Hey Hanna!

This place doesn't look half as shit as I expected it to.
Alright pal.

I was supposed to go for a few cheeky pints with @Sailors? n'all. What happened there?
100% catfish.

Great to see you mate!! Did you get my message or did you just sense we were calling you? Ha ?

Yep, I got your message. :D

Another blast from the past! Good to see you're doing well, I am a little fuzzy on the details but you were set on some big career move last time I saw you post, I want to say defense or something but I may be way off.

I think I left the dojo a while for the first time because I started working as an intelligence officer. Spent a lot of time overseas. Quit that job and switched over to a career in research, and my research I mean I basically just work on spy gadgets now.

I did. Thanks for the heads up dude. I popped my head into the old forum when 3 was announced but didn’t really stay active.
Really glad you saw it, hoping a few others will too, hope you’re gonna stay around!

So I'm like 95% sure I found Pico on Facebook ?

Not sure how active he is on it but I'm cross my fingers.

Here are a few to add to the list
Jeff
locke_cole
Yusuke
Nuts To That
Yukio Kenichi (i'll PM him on PSN and see if he will return)

As for Bysby, I wouldnt count on ever seeing him again, some 8 or more years ago he had a major life incident and his memory went and I think he some form of amnesia. He was living at some facility that was helping him recover, and he would have time he could get on the computer, and he remembered his MSN Messenger name and password and I would occasionally speak him online, but every time I spoke to him after that it was like he had forgoten we talked the time before. Then they took MSN Messenger down completely and that was the end of my contact with him, maybe hes doing well enough now but what he had may have been terminal and i have no idea how to get in touch with him. He literally just disappeared one day and everyone was really worried and I think I was the sole person from the dojo that actually got in contact with him during that time, he was a great friend for many years and I remember being very upset about what happened to him. :(

*jumps out of my chair startled out of my skin* Dont sneak up on me like that! Holy crap that was fast and unexpected lol

Glad to see you back though :D

I think I'm going to take it upon myself to attempt to get in touch with some members who may have not visited the forums in a while and may be interested in joining up to the new forums. I understand some people have grown out of gaming or forum posting or what not, but I think it's a revolutionary time for the Dojo and after seeing @AndyB post, it has given me the urge to bring more people back!

What do people think? :giggle:

CURRENT LIST:

IwaoHazuki
St. Elmo's Fire
Hei Long

Araviel @Araviel - FOUND
Bysby
Shotaro Kaneda
Dragonslayer88
JAPANFAN
pico
SpringChick

santino @santino - FOUND
Silas
Clint

Frozen @Mr. Frozen - FOUND
Joe Pesci
Kiyuu @Kiyuu - FOUND
ys
ShenmueAddict

Tim Surway @Tim Surway - FOUND
ChaiOgawa
Samanosuke Akechi
Rhayno G.
Alsheimer

Malik Ishtahl @Dre4life90 - FOUND
Ash
Bluecast
Myles
asnozz
Gutcruncher

DaMulder @DaMulder - FOUND
Neoshredder
Who Really Cares?
mikec_ct
SpikyAd

Blue is here but likely not for long. Just wanted to say hello to an old face before I get banned again for whatever reason. If I'm not banned I will post very very very sparingly. Just once in a great while. That way the admins don't get annoyed. I hope. I still post at SEGA forums out there somewhere. I met some new friends and been hanging out with them. Inverse Phase. Composer of some indie games. I still talk too much but I like to be happier about things.
Glad to see so many old faces. Might be my last post so I got out what I need to say. I don't know if it's ok to post twitter but if so @ryudo9. User handle Segata S. Hugs to all,even all the staff. Place looks great. Best it's ever looked. :) With that. I will likley have to take my leave. bye bye!

Last edited:
I'm here. So... now what? I mean, what's going on?

Early thoughts while and just after registering : "Hm, the user name might require at least three characters this time. Ok, it does. There, solved." "I wonder if my .gif-avatar that I've had since the early forum days/dawn of time will work? No? Oh well, at least for now I'm sticking with this frozen frame."

@AnimeGamer183 Jeff was a bellend. Yusuke though, you mean the one who made Shenmue Zero? Got her on Facebook but she never really seemed too interested in making a return.

Back