How many copies are you buying at launch?

1 EGS Digital Deluxe, 1 PSN Digital Deluxe, 2 UK PS4 Collector's Editions, and 2 GameStop PS4 special editions. I think I also have 4 Kickstarter copies coming. I'll likely buy the regional variants like I did with I & II.

Cedric had an ambitious sales target of 1 million copies sold.

Hmm that is ambitious. I'm not hugely confident about that but I feel it's possible. Shenmue sold over a million copies and Kingdom come Deliverance sold over a million copies at first then 2 million copies afterwards.

Still, now I can see why Yu was worried though but let's hope.

You can add another copy to your tally - just ordered the Japanese day one edition. I'm not a weeb or anything, I just want to contribute to the game's sales figures in Japan, even if only by one. I feel kind of duty-bound to do so since I live there, and don't have to pay for shipping.
Small world. I’m in Kashiwa.

We know the epic deal covered about a few hundred thousands in sales (200-300k+) so a 500k sales will def look way better & more impactful than it'd originally would have been. That should be the first mile-stones for fans to reach?

We know the epic deal covered about a few hundred thousands in sales (200-300k+) so a 500k sales will def look way better & more impactful than it'd originally would have been. That should be the first mile-stones for fans to reach?
Isn't that just pure conjecture at this point?

Includes all current and planned purchases (Kickstarter copies not included).

Isn't that just pure conjecture at this point?
Whilst the figure hasn't been confirmed for Shenmue III, going on reports from other Epic exclusives, I'd say there's enough info to make an educated guess.

Somewhere in 100 - 300k range doesn't sound unrealistic, but yes, it is speculation so I wouldn't take it at face value.

The PC physical/Epic store code I'll get from backing the game. There's not much else I can do until the game comes to Steam and other platforms, or Xbox.

Outside of my KS copy, I'll be buying:

1x PS4 Digital Copy to play at midnight
1x PS4 Collectors Edition as my main copy
1x PC Digital Copy after a year when it comes to Steam

1 - $300 KS version
Planing on getting in the next 3 weeks or so.
2 - from gamestop
2 - from Amazon
1 - super collectors edition when it goes on sale here in the states. ????????

Am planing on giving away four copys through my business to turn people on to the Shenmue life style. ;)
If my cash flow allows it I will also give out copys of the HD remakes too.

I have 2 xopies. One for me and one for a co worker. Tbh i find it exagerating how zome have more then 4. But hey whatever makes an individual happy. Who am i to judge

After this recent controversy with the preorders you can add one more copy to my list. I’ll be picking up that Japanese version from Amazon Japan after all.

After this recent controversy with the preorders you can add one more copy to my list. I’ll be picking up that Japanese version from Amazon Japan after all.

I've been reading that version has an exclusive jacket for Ryo? (How dare they ?!) Anyways, if true, I might have to get this version as well. Anyone know if DLC codes from Japanese version would work for a NA version?

I will change my plans.

I'm buying the following.

1 kickstarter ps4 physical copy
1 day one edition ps4 physical
1 deluxe edition ps4 copy
1 Epic game store copy
1 digital PS store copy.

If there's a steam release down the line I'll also get it.
If there is a Collector edition in the store I will also buy it.

4 UK collectors editions at the moment

2 from shopto @ £62 each
1 from amazon @ £69
1 from game @ £69

Hopefully the one from Game will come with a steelbook. I might cancel the Amazon one and order another with Game just inc case.

I plan to use one, keep one sealed for the collection and give the other two away at christmas

Back