How many copies are you buying at launch?

I wasn’t fast enough to grab a collector edition from amazon Italy, anyway I already backed for 2 copy on Kickstarter.
1 x 400€ for the PC version
1 x 80€ for the PS4 version
Anyway I’m most certainly going to buy another copy from EGS, so that I could keep the KS edition sealed, and at least an additional copy for the PS4, hoping it could be the collector edition...

I wasn’t fast enough to grab a collector edition from amazon Italy, anyway I already backed for 2 copy on Kickstarter.
1 x 400€ for the PC version
1 x 80€ for the PS4 version
Anyway I’m most certainly going to buy another copy from EGS, so that I could keep the KS edition sealed, and at least an additional copy for the PS4, hoping it could be the collector edition...

Oh, so the non-LRG releases are very limited as well then, I've been hearing that EU still had stock(don't know how true it was though).

Oh, so the non-LRG releases are very limited as well then, I've been hearing that EU still had stock(don't know how true it was though).
In Italy the collector edition was available on Amazon and Gamestop, but both of them went out of stock in no time, so I assume there were very few considering that Shenmue isn’t very popular in Italy.

In Italy the collector edition was available on Amazon and Gamestop, but both of them went out of stock in no time, so I assume there were very few considering that Shenmue isn’t very popular in Italy.

Oh ok, It's definitely a possibility. Now if France, Germany or the UK ran out, then I guess It's clearly debunked that they got some large, undetermined amount..

I've been lucky with work offering me overtime. Don't usually get it around sep/oct so my plan with Shenmue 3 has changed.

Kickstarter physical copy
Digital copy (as back up)
Day 1 edition from shop to
A copy from amazon that offers different dlc
A copy from game that comes with the steelbook.

I might be buying my brother a copy of Shenmue 3 for Christmas too, he just needs to get a ps4 first. It seems right for him to play the game as he got into Shenmue before I did.

Last edited:
So far just:
1x PS4 Collector's Edition (UK)

I Did order the KS Collector's Edition & 2x Extra copies - Which was pushing the boat out for me, never spent that much on a game before!

Well Now:
2x Retail Collector's Editions
1x American Best Buy Edition (Friends keeping the game and I'm getting the Steelbook!)
2x KS Standard Editions (PC & PS4)
1x KickStarter Collector's Edition (PS4)
& as soon as I can buy the Season Pass separately on PS4, you bet I'll be doing so!

Well Now:
2x Retail Collector's Editions
1x American Best Buy Edition (Friends keeping the game and I'm getting the Steelbook!)
2x KS Standard Editions (PC & PS4)
1x KickStarter Collector's Edition (PS4)
& as soon as I can buy the Season Pass separately on PS4, you bet I'll be doing so!
. I think we should all buy a dozen copies and give them to friends/family for Christmas.

Originally it was just the kickstarter ps4 copy (physical/credit name tier)...then i snagged the LRG collectors edition when that rolled around. Then i found out about BestBuys steelbook so i ordered that, plus that guarentees ill be able to play on launch day.. I changed the kickstarter copy to JP region so atleast i wouldnt have 3 identical copies.

x1 Kickstarter backer edition (PS4)
x1 Collector's Edition (PS4)

Maybe:
x1 Standard Day 1 Edition with Steelbook pre-order bonus (PS4 - GAME exclusive)
x1 Standard PC edition (Epic Games Store)

Dietsoap liking this post made me click on it and then I realised I said I'm getting 1 collector's edition, but actually I have 2 pre-ordered. Fuck knows what I'm going to do with all of them. Keep one sealed so in 10 years time I can be one of those nobs who posts a picture of my sealed collector's edition of Shenmue 3 on a Facebook group to show off? Just sell one to CEX the day it comes out and lose a couple of quid? Give one to a friend?

Back