How will you play Shenmue 3?

Oregon Pacifist

Account Removed at Users Request
How do you plan on playing Shenmue 3 when it is released? On a PS4 Pro connected to a 4k projector? On a custom gaming PC? Here are my plans:

I'm currently on a 2017 27" iMac with a 5k screen. I've installed Windows 10 on a partitioned hard drive. I will be using a PowerA Fusion Pro Xbox One controller. The computer specs are:

Intel i7 4.2 GHz (8 cores)
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Radeon Pro 575 w/ 4 GB of VRAM

I can run Gears of War 4 at high settings and maintain a constant 60 fps. Shenmue 3 should have no problems!

EDIT: I also plan on streaming the first hour or two of gameplay on Twitch while drinking sake. It's going to be epic.

Last edited:
I got the disc ps4 version with the slacker backer campaign. So I will play with my standard ps4 on my 4k Panasonic LCD.

I will go completely dark (maybe the Dojo open on my laptop for food/drink/bathroom breaks), and will play on my PS4 Pro on my Sony XBR65X930E 4K TV.

I'll play it on my extraordinary 19-Inch 1440*900 Dell monitor (y)
My headphones are fine though :p

The machine itself will depend on S3's release date, as I'm planning on building a new PC (currently thinking i7-8700K and GTX1060/70) within the next 6-8 months I hope.

On PS4 first, then on PC. Or vice versa, but want to experience both versions back-to-back.

I'll be taking a couple of days off work, putting it into the ps4 pro and not leaving the room unless I need food or the loo. I will not be disturbed. I'm going to take my time

Also I will be looking through all the goodies from kick starter.

I'm still trying do decide, but I'll be mostly sitting down, it's safer :)
Kid on the right knows what's up.
what-life-skills-video-games-kids-1.jpg

I'll be playing the game a few hours at a time here and there on my PC hoping that I'm not rushing and nearing the end. I have a habit of unintentionally speeding through RPGs.

Will also be going for a Platinum run on my PS4 afterwards.

Assuming my launch PS4 continues to function...
- PS4 launch version w/ 1TB HDD installed a couple years later.
- Vizio 55" UHD 4K with WCG capable HDR (not really used given my PS4).
- Vizio Surround Sound (not really used given that I'll be playing with my headset at night to not wake the family).

So uh... 55" TV with a launch PS4 and headphones.

I'll most likely get myself a carton of beer, some snacks and I may take time off work.
So, I guess I will be playing Shenmue 3 whilst blind, eating lot of junk and perhaps without a job.

On my gaming notebook - I hope the specs will hold up!

Also, I will play in small increments in the evening because during the day my son won't let me play in peace and quiet. (He's 10 by then and sure, I will let him watch and talk to him about Shenmue, but in the end, I want to experience this for myself - with you guys!)

I'm planning to buy a PS4 pro around the time Shenmue III releases and I'm taking 2 weeks off to stay home playing. I'm going to take my time playing the game and try every mini games, part time Jobs, interact with every NPC character and search every where in the game. I'm doing everything at a very slow paced to be able to enjoy every moment of the game.

Back