How will you play Shenmue 3?

On my Ps4.
And if there is going to be trophies, I will do my best to get the platinum for this game! I always say this to myself when I start a new yakuza game. But at some point I always give up as I dont really have the time as I used to have. There is just way too much to do. But this time, I've been waiting far too long to give that platinum up!

I'll be playing the PS4 version using remote play onto my laptop (it's too weak to handle the PC version, plus I want trophies. :p)

On my Ps4.
And if there is going to be trophies, I will do my best to get the platinum for this game! I always say this to myself when I start a new yakuza game. But at some point I always give up as I dont really have the time as I used to have. There is just way too much to do. But this time, I've been waiting far too long to give that platinum up!

Heh, trophies in PS4 games are actually mandatory. ;)

The Steam release gets achievements though, and this game should run on potato computers. What specs are your laptop?

I got a PS4 Pro pretty much exclusively for Shenmue 3. I don't see the game running very well on the base PS4 model seeing how its Unreal 4 and how detailed the environments are(at least if the screenshots are to be believed)

The Steam release gets achievements though, and this game should run on potato computers. What specs are your laptop?
The machine is about 5 years old now, it has a Pentium B980 2.4GHz processor, Integrated Graphics, and 8GB RAM, running Win 10. Shenmue III might run on it, but at the same time it could also end up cooking it :p, it does get rather loud given the age and how many times I've had to clean it out for dust over the years.

I'm aware that Steam does have achievements, but I've long since put more effort into building my PSN account then I did Steam, I've always been more of a console gamer than PC.

I use remote play for a more comfortable playing position (laying in bed) when playing all of my PS4 games, so it's not something I'll be doing thats exclusive to Shenmue. ;P

Last edited:
Ah fair enough. Yeah Shenmue III is pushing the graphics pretty well from the new screenshot. Best not to risk it with integrated graphics on a 5 year old laptop for sure. My brother bought a pretty decent specced laptop last year I thought was ok. Come to find out it was way less capable than I had initially though. Tried running basic Steam games on it but was worse than we initially expected sadly.

In your case the PS4 should run it pretty well.

As well as PS4 I ordered the PC version to support it despite having no gaming PC. However I’m hoping I’ll be able to stream it with steam for GeForce Now and fast internet. As a trial I’ve got steam version of Yakuza 0 running quite well with 4K resolutions and 60fps with ability to save via steam cloud. I have to re-download and install it each time I want to play though.

With tears of joy streaming down my face.

...on a PS4 (non-pro). Depending on when release is, I might try and get at least a few days off work, but I don’t plan on rushing through this one, and I don’t think I could sacrifice a whole week of annual leave, so we’ll have to see.

I'll be playing on PS4 Pro. I'll be taking a couple of days off work. Will get a good night sleep the night before, see the missus off to work then return home and:
- Brew a full pot of coffee and make sure there are plenty of snacks in the cupboard/fridge.
- Get as comfortable as possible with blankets, pillows, cushions etc.
- Play throughout the day with coffee and snacks.

Most likely on PS4pro via my 49" 1080p TV... Hopefully there's a pro performance mode similar to other games. I got the pro for performance, not resolution...

I'll be playing on PC.

Win 10 64 bit
i7-5390k 3.5Ghz
16GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz
2GB GEFORCE GTX 750 Ti

I hope this will be enough as I never designed it as a gaming rig.

Hold on. Bugger. I've just noticed a flaw in my plan. My monitor is my old Dell Ultrasharp 2407-HC. That isn't HD. Hmmm :confounded:

EDIT: No wait, I think I'm OK 1920x1200. Phew!

Last edited:
Going to lock myself in my room, with a few boxes of Soylent, and I'm not going to leave (barring piss breaks) until I'm done. I plan to take several days off work for this. I've been waiting for it for literally more than half my life, that shit's going to be perfect (even more so if the game runs on Linux day 1)

i5-6600K @ 4.2Ghz (OC)
XFX AMD RX480 8GB (Reference)
16GB G-Skill Trident-Z DDR4

Probably gonna try to upgrade the GPU in time

Back