I just can't shake this feeling S3 will be influential...

The gaming landscape is completely different now than it was in 2001. I think the idea that Shenmue III will be influential on modern game development is a little absurd. If anything I expect Shenmue III to take influence from the many open-world titles that have come out since then.

Hopefully not. All this modern influences would destroy the game. Shenmue does not need micro transactions, icons everywhere that shows you the way. Lifeless big empty worlds also is a thing that Shenmue does not need.

I

Also the return of the magic weather that was removed from S2 due to scale+tech limits. Even rockstar didn't use it in RDr2 cuz their world scale was too big to meaningfully implement it. With this returning in S3 plus the 3 unique regions in the game being landscape based. Man seeing the NPC's interact with such weather and the dynamic visuals of the entire landscape...:love:

Along with no training, the Magic Weather removal is another baffling myth. Simply in a more tropic part of the world, and (mostly) from spring til summer unless you rush through Yokosuka before or around New Year's. The weather effects changes, but only has two options: rain/cloudy or sunny, no snow...plus you're not only inside more buildings, but also the frantic pace and multitude of extra distractions I feel make the weather shifts easy to ignore.

Does Guilin ever have snow? Do any other region known to be visited in Shen3 have snowy weather depending on time of year? Who knows if the plot extends past Autumn?

I remember reading YU also wanting to introduce sunset and sunrise hours to the day/night cycle. Def will be another first to add to Shenmue's open world repitiore even 20 yrs later after it's debut.:geek: I don't think any game has implement a full day phase cycle+Magic weather+Dynamic landscape+Unique enviroment interacting NPcs to date.:p

Back