IGN Reporting Bugs - Dojo cited.

Telekill

Sega Game Gear Enthusiast
Currently playing
Resident Evil 5 (PS4), Helldivers 2 (PS5), God of War: R (PS5)
Welp... a month late but they're reporting the bug issue with an interview from one of the original creators. Apparently the guy is sad to see the re-releases are worse off than the originals. He is demanding they be fixed.

Shenmue Dojo is also cited in the article with the page count on our bug thread. The author graciously omits many of the bad attitudes displayed.

http://www.ign.com//articles/2018/0...oper-complains-about-re-release-bugs-tgs-2018

Nice one, thanks for the link. Glad there is someone at Sega high enough who cares.

A fairly written article. Cool that they cited the Dojo!

Kasahara definitely has the right idea!

Totally spot on by all accounts and reassuring they working hard to get it right.

Nice to see the dojo cited too

"Kasahara says that he will continue his “fight” with D3T until the game reaches the state where the only bugs left are those that were already in the original."

I guess that rules out fixing old bugs.

I'm fine with old bugs.

Not too fine with new bugs.

Glad someone at Sega knows and cares.

With Sega Japan going at this I'm sure they will sort it. Plenty of time until the 22nd of November and patches have been consistent in coming out

When we asked about the current situation of the Western release and the bugs that came with it, Kasahara did not hesitate to show his frustrations. “There were just way too many issues,” he said sternly.

“I’ve been putting up a fight with the overseas studio that developed it, insisting that they fix everything. If they tell me they can’t fix something, I tell them to fix it anyway.”

Kasahara says that he will continue his “fight” with D3T until the game reaches the state where the only bugs left are those that were already in the original.

giphy.gif

Get em kasahara-san! GET EMMMM!!!

Finally! Some one needed to light a fire under d3ts ass, and I like kasahara's attitude. Enjoy pissed off Sega japan employees and have fun dealing with their japanese work ethic d3t, guess you should have skipped the shitty fork lift cake employee parties and lunch break work outs and kept on working, I see many all nighters in your future.

Finally we get a little justice, hearing this is a huge relief and hopefully we get some results, bout time some one in authority took notice and did something. Things are moving in a good direction now.

giphy.gif

Get em kasahara-san! GET EMMMM!!!

Finally! Some one needed to light a fire under d3ts ass, and I like kasahara's attitude. Enjoy pissed off Sega japan employees and have fun dealing with their japanese work ethic d3t, guess you should have skipped the shitty fork lift cake employee parties and lunch break work outs and kept on working, I see many all nighters in your future.

Finally we get a little justice, hearing this is a huge relief and hopefully we get some results, bout time some one in authority took notice and did something. Things are moving in a good direction now.

Holy shit, how can someone be this self-entitled? D3T is a team of only 40 people, they didn't even had a robust support from SEGA since they had to rely on fan-made modding tools and Google Translator to make most of their project, put yourself into their shoes for once. They can't even enjoy thenselves a little without triggering you?

Here, unlike you, Dewey actually passed the last few weeks looking into the inner codes and porting techniques D3T had to use in order to create his Audio Restoration Project. He have some interesting things to say.

https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...io-restoration-project-v1-003.593/#post-14820

guess you should have skipped the shitty fork lift cake employee parties and lunch break work outs and kept on working
dcfUMRh.png

The bitterness in your post is astounding.

I also would have liked to see a little extra polish on these ports, but damn, you're just being downright rude and unpleasant here. It's laughable that you think we've been done some kind of misjustice when it's a miracle that these rereleases exist at all. I know that's not an excuse for glitchy software, but if you really feel that hard done by, then maybe you should take a step back and relax a bit.

I wont lie, those last 3 paragraphs of that article made me happy af, literally made my day and I have absolutely no shame about it. d3t should have never touched shenmue and their lax attitude is finally being addressed. I have no pity for d3t what so ever, they got themselves into this and they couldnt deliver, bottom line. Now they have to answer to original team members, what about the respect for them having this release in such a state? How are the people on the original team supposed to feel? Understanding towards d3t? I would say likely embarrassed. Someone has to answer for this, and for now it looks like its d3t for not getting the job done, guess they should have put more people on the project, either way it falls on them.

I really think you're taking this a little bit too seriously. It's just a slightly buggy game. You act like d3t are atoning for some kind of heinous unspeakable act.

I don't care how special Shenmue is to you, having ill will towards real people because you don't like the way they ported a video game is toxic.

I don't think it's fair to blame it all on d3t. It's clear SEGA decided to push these games out the door before they were ready for the west. I wouldn't be surprised if the November release date was at one point the international release date but for whatever reason, SEGA pushed it forward maybe to avoid some of the big releases from the competition.

It's possible SEGA barely had any faith in these games and wanted to position it on a super dry period of game releases before the sea of games on the September-October-November-December season and this could have sadly conflicted with d3t's original schedule of the November release forcing them to release a unfinished build.

This feels like something plausible that could have happened and it would have been fully out of d3t's hands. So we should ease a little on the d3t hate tbh. Without them we would have not gotten these games out at all.

I feel d3t did the best they could with all the odds stacked against them and Patch 4 on PC has made the games even closer to perfect with more patches to come. Believe me, i felt some of that frustration with the issues but am confident and i truly believe the games will be night and day come November. This is absolutely NOT a Silent Hill HD situation.

Last edited:
I wouldn’t give the dude at SOJ too much credit. I’m sure I’m totally ignorant, but did SOJ provide D3T with ANY support or just let them flounder with complex code written in a language they don’t understand?

I wont lie, those last 3 paragraphs of that article made me happy af, literally made my day and I have absolutely no shame about it. d3t should have never touched shenmue and their lax attitude is finally being addressed. I have no pity for d3t what so ever, they got themselves into this and they couldnt deliver, bottom line. Now they have to answer to original team members, what about the respect for them having this release in such a state? How are the people on the original team supposed to feel? Understanding towards d3t? I would say likely embarrassed. Someone has to answer for this, and for now it looks like its d3t for not getting the job done, guess they should have put more people on the project, either way it falls on them.
Aim your anger towards Sega. They are the ones that gave the green light on this utterly embarrassing release, and it seems that only after the fact are sending in one of their employees from the original project to actually help D3T. Sega obviously should have delayed this one, or rather not released it 3 months early.

Reactions: arh
d3t and Sega Europe agreed a deal that was clearly not thought out and some how got approved by Sega Japan, and now Sega Japan are pissed. Not sure how much clearer that needs to be, they have alot more information about everything than we do and I would imagine they have their reasons to feel the way they do. I am just glad Sega Japan employees feel similar to the way I do because its going to things done, d3t has failed us all and I am not blaming the workers as much as the management of this project as it was atrocious, sega europe too and ultimately sega japan as well for not keep an eye on the progress. Now here we are having to watch devs go into scramble mode because things arent right.

Also let me put this out there, What happened to the optional controls we were told this was supposed to have? We were told this was going to have modern and classic control options, and I havent heard a thing from anyone about why that was not present. What about Sega telling early reviewers to ignore any bugs because it was all being patched by launch? Was that just a bold face lie, or d3ts incompetence? Who knows? Take your pick. What about John from Digitial Foundaries comments? (which there is a thread here at sd where he chimes in about what little he can talk about which is an important read) The fact that new bugs are being discovered within the new patches? There have been multiple red flags all up and down this entire release, and they have mostly been ignored. How much more has to happen before everyone understands this thing has been a disaster?

Idk about you guys but I have seen alot more than I care to as it is watching Shenmue be sullied by d3t, just because this may have been the only way we would have ever gotten these games in HD and on modern platforms doesnt mean they can give us what ever and we should be thankful, no way in hell, we are better than that, we deserve better than that and in no way shape or form is what has happened been ok. I hope they can fix the issues but there is still plenty more to get through before we are at the end of this fiasco.

It has modern controls. You can use the analog stick to move Ryo. That’s all they meant.

The bugs really aren’t that bad anymore, and I was a big critic when it came out. Get a grip.

Back