IGN Reporting Bugs - Dojo cited.

It seems like most people, particularly first timers, aren’t even aware there are any bugs. To me, that means the bug issue is currently overblown. The music in Shenmue 2? Yeah that’s fucked up. Otherwise, cmon.

d3t and Sega Europe agreed a deal that was clearly not thought out and some how got approved by Sega Japan, and now Sega Japan are pissed. Not sure how much clearer that needs to be, they have alot more information about everything than we do and I would imagine they have their reasons to feel the way they do. I am just glad Sega Japan employees feel similar to the way I do because its going to things done, d3t has failed us all and I am not blaming the workers as much as the management of this project as it was atrocious, sega europe too and ultimately sega japan as well for not keep an eye on the progress. Now here we are having to watch devs go into scramble mode because things arent right.

Also let me put this out there, What happened to the optional controls we were told this was supposed to have? We were told this was going to have modern and classic control options, and I havent heard a thing from anyone about why that was not present. What about Sega telling early reviewers to ignore any bugs because it was all being patched by launch? Was that just a bold face lie, or d3ts incompetence? Who knows? Take your pick. What about John from Digitial Foundaries comments? (which there is a thread here at sd where he chimes in about what little he can talk about which is an important read) The fact that new bugs are being discovered within the new patches? There have been multiple red flags all up and down this entire release, and they have mostly been ignored. How much more has to happen before everyone understands this thing has been a disaster?

Idk about you guys but I have seen alot more than I care to as it is watching Shenmue be sullied by d3t, just because this may have been the only way we would have ever gotten these games in HD and on modern platforms doesnt mean they can give us what ever and we should be thankful, no way in hell, we are better than that, we deserve better than that and in no way shape or form is what has happened been ok. I hope they can fix the issues but there is still plenty more to get through before we are at the end of this fiasco.

You have already been told by other members, staff, and now I am telling you one last time. Get down off your soapbox and end it. Now.

Love to see the thread over there. I am really tired of reeading ignorant rants all the time from people who can not see the big politic between studios, publishers, brand owners and company subsidiarys...

I wont lie, those last 3 paragraphs of that article made me happy af, literally made my day and I have absolutely no shame about it. d3t should have never touched shenmue and their lax attitude is finally being addressed. I have no pity for d3t what so ever, they got themselves into this and they couldnt deliver, bottom line. Now they have to answer to original team members, what about the respect for them having this release in such a state? How are the people on the original team supposed to feel? Understanding towards d3t? I would say likely embarrassed. Someone has to answer for this, and for now it looks like its d3t for not getting the job done, guess they should have put more people on the project, either way it falls on them.

Pretty much my attitude ever since I joined this forum. The fact is with the number of bugs being reported here, this reeks of the collection being developed half-baked. When the mods here are forced to do PR damage control, I have almost no respect for anyone involved with the development. I would rather have had the collection NOT release this year and wait for 2019, if not 2020. This is just inexcusable, small development staff or not.

dcfUMRh.png

The bitterness in your post is astounding.

I also would have liked to see a little extra polish on these ports, but damn, you're just being downright rude and unpleasant here. It's laughable that you think we've been done some kind of misjustice when it's a miracle that these rereleases exist at all. I know that's not an excuse for glitchy software, but if you really feel that hard done by, then maybe you should take a step back and relax a bit.

I hate to break it to you, but when you ask us to spend $30 U.S. dollars or more for a product, you expect it to be working properly WITHOUT the number of glitches that have been reported here. Might as well tell them, "Turn off bitterness, you are making us look bad." The attempted censorship does not really help fan the flames here.

It has modern controls. You can use the analog stick to move Ryo. That’s all they meant.

The bugs really aren’t that bad anymore, and I was a big critic when it came out. Get a grip.

Uh, not exactly modernized here. I thought modernized controls meant "Use right stick to move camera around, Analog stick controls full movement without holding down a run button, etc."

The bugs are not being glossed over as they are clearly being fixed.

What we take issue with is this pitchfork mentality when expressing the opinions. As much as we all love this game it's a game and some of the attacks that have gone the way of D3t are becoming personal and are not warranted. The vast majority of members see this and agree that this should have been handled better and like me are pleased Sega Japan are involved.

Let's not forget we don't know any of the discussions Sega Euorpe had with D3t nor will we. We are making assumptions.

Read the post by Dewey over the sound issues. He's delved deep into the code and makes the point that this was way more complex than anyone could have thought.

Did they need more time Yes, should they have had it yes. Does this warrant personal attacks on the firm absolutely not. Those will not be tolerated on these forums.

Take a step back and let's remember it's a miracle we have these games. I admit it's not an excuse but they are close to being fixed. Patches are consistent and communication is much better.

Also Anime was warned by a staff member and other members before.

Ha ha ha ha ha, this is hilarious. What's next, Anime gets a ban just because he actually spoke the truth the way it is?

Do you have a screw loose or something? I've played through both games start to finish, played the originals numerous times since their original release (more times than I can count) and the majority of the major bugs were fix within 2 weeks on PC and are now resolved on console. What's left are mostly cosmetic and minor and are clearly being worked on as evidenced by the weekly patches. Weekly!!

To go full 'Reeeeeeeee' against the people at D3T because they give their staff break times or had a small celebration because they managed to release two full game ports under difficult circumstances is just pathetic and the pure unadulterated dictionary definition of gamer toxicity and circle jerk (we love a controversy, let's make it worse!) mentality. For people like you and animegamer you're just part of the modern whinge ridden blight that makes myself and many others pine for the old days of online communities back in the early 2000's before the general dumb masses brought their stupidity and childishness online.

/rant

Now with all that said, I'm happy Sega Japan have taken an interest, this leaves me confident that Sega America/Europe will now give D3T the help and support they deserve to keep the patches and fixes coming and won't just cut off support once the minimum effort has been reached, although I'm sure the November release also helps with this. But maybe the Japanese developer should direct his 'wrath' at Sega West first and foremost.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha ha ha, this is hilarious. What's next, Anime gets a ban just because he actually spoke the truth the way it is?

If you don't like how things are done around here, the doors over there. You are on very... VERY thin ice enough as it is and if you want to keep up the BS i have zero hesitation hitting the perma ban button myself.

Reactions: arh
See ya.

Now, back on topic.

A word to the wise, since the trolls love pulling out the old "censorship" record to have a good headbang to; we do NOT censor thoughts and opinions, negative or positive on the Shenmue series. What we do keep clear of these boards is disrespect, unacceptable levels of ignorant negativity, and general trolling behaviour.

Branding the developers and the publishers with derogatory terms. Disrespectful.

Repeating post after post of constant opinion pushing as fact. Irresponsible

Claiming to speak for ALL Shenmue fans. Arrogant

I will leave it to get back on topic with this; It's not what you say that can be the issue, it's how you say it. Remember that.

Well we all saw that coming...

As far as the controls argument goes, not really sure what happened there. Shenmue 2 already had somewhat modernized controls and for some reason that option was taken out of the port... Not really sure how it was "modernized" at all when all they did was map the sticks...

i have only encountered one issue, in shemue , with audio banging in background. Got fixed after 2 days. That was it. Finished the game. playing through shenmue 2, halfway through i think, no issues, bugs.

It seems like most people, particularly first timers, aren’t even aware there are any bugs. To me, that means the bug issue is currently overblown. The music in Shenmue 2? Yeah that’s fucked up. Otherwise, cmon.
I made a thread about the music in II but i'm not losing any sleep. There are some real neckbeards in here it seems.

What a shame. Praying this ends well but it's looking more and more like a pipe dream with each passing day...

What? The games are mostly fine since 1.02. I'll gladly put up with a few bugs and play this version, with its enhancements, over ever returning to the originals...

But hopefully they do continue to improve and patch the game.

What? The games are mostly fine since 1.02. I'll gladly put up with a few bugs and play this version, with its enhancements, over ever returning to the originals...
I notice way too many issues even with the updates, and will gladly go back to the originals if these versions aren't fixed...

Back