Kickstarter Project Update #103: A message from Ys Net, Epic Games & Deep Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really? Because where do you think that money will come from? What do you think demanding a refund over another stupid launcher is going to result in? That money is gone and has been spent on development. If YsNet had pots of cash, they wouldn't have needed to do a Kickstarter.

Look like the other guys said each side has a different opinion and we need to respect each other and we won't get to the bottom of this until there is an official answer. If you want to keep adding fuel to the fire and arguing, sure let's do that. Or we could start talking about how great the game is looking.

You have your opinions, other people have theirs, they're both valid. Let's wait until they give an update, shall we? Unless you want this pointless discussion to continue.

Jumping in here.

This discussion is going round and round so I suggest this is left as it is for now. If you want to continue the discussion please go to PM.

Any updates, once they go live, will be posted on our channels so keep an eye out.

They still do. Check the $60 reward tier:
Pledge US$ 60 or more
PHYSICAL COPY - PC
A physical copy of Shenmue 3 in an exlusive, backer-only case (PC only).

That doesn't mention anything about a disc or all the game data being on a disc. I own lots of physical games that are either codes in a box or the disc is basically just a download launcher... They're still physical copies.

I do remember seeing them say they were having all of the game data on a disc. I'll try to find it.

They did long after the campaign ended. It was in an update late last year, I think. But as has been mentioned before, anything not mentioned in the initial campaign and decided after its conclusion is subject to change.

That doesn't mention anything about a disc or all the game data being on a disc. I own lots of physical games that are either codes in a box or the disc is basically just a download launcher... They're still physical copies.

Dude, did you not read the last 10+ messages telling that the discussion is going in circles and that both sides have their own arguments? Just stop. You won't convince me and I won't convince you. Let's just wait until the next update is posted to see if any of our view points have warranted an evolution.

This is going round and round. Unless there is a new discussion here, drop it!

Dude, did you not read the last 10+ messages telling that the discussion is going in circles and that both sides have their own arguments? Just stop. You won't convince me and I won't convince you. Let's just wait until the next update is posted to see if any of our view points have warranted an evolution.

Obviously I didn't. I don't know if you're aware, but some of us start writing and other posts continue whilst we are doing that...

Obviously I didn't. I don't know if you're aware, but some of us start writing and other posts continue whilst we are doing that...

This is why it's important to read a whole conversation before going on a rant sending a stream of 3 messages back to back. Now that it's all sorted out, I'm really enjoying what they showed of the game, how about you? I literally can't wait to play it.

All we can really do is see what solution/message they bring forth this week. I hope it is a sound one that pleases all, even if it just is simply a refund being granted.

As far as PC Physical, that would be nice..but when I started with GameStop in 2005, PC was only about 15 games. Things went completely digital very quickly. When I left in 2014, the only physical media even carried for PC in the store was World of Warcraft.

All we can really do is see what solution/message they bring forth this week. I hope it is a sound one that pleases all, even if it just is simply a refund being granted.

As far as PC Physical, that would be nice..but when I started with GameStop in 2005, PC was only about 15 games. Things went completely digital very quickly. When I left in 2014, the only physical media even carried for PC in the store was World of Warcraft.

Did they really say a solution would be announced this week?

One of the worst things about this whole situation is that, even if YS Net do announce a solution that satisfies most people and "redeem" themselves to a certain extent, we're still going to be left with the hardcore haters trashing YS Net and Shenmue, at every opportunity, for the rest of their goddamn lives. Hell, some of them are saying they don't even want a Steam key anymore. And for the next 6 months they'll be picking apart the campaign from every angle, looking for any opportunity to continue their cries of "it's a scam".

Again, I understand being disappointed by some of this stuff. Don't want to support YS Net in the future? Fair enough, if that's how you feel. I'm talking about the people who cry scam, the people who are saying they can't wait to wipe their arse with the game etc. etc.

One of the worst things about this whole situation is that, even if YS Net do announce a solution that satisfies most people and "redeem" themselves to a certain extent, we're still going to be left with the hardcore haters trashing YS Net and Shenmue, at every opportunity, for the rest of their goddamn lives. Hell, some of them are saying they don't even want a Steam key anymore. And for the next 6 months they'll be picking apart the campaign from every angle, looking for any opportunity to continue their cries of "it's a scam".

Again, I understand being disappointed by some of this stuff. Don't want to support YS Net in the future? Fair enough, if that's how you feel. I'm talking about the people who cry scam, the people who are saying they can't wait to wipe their arse with the game etc. etc.

They said Shenmue III was a Kickstarter crowdfunding scam...
They said Shenmue III was a PlayStation marketing scam...
They said Shenmue III was a Slacker Backer scam...
They said Shenmue III was a Deep Silver scam...
They said Shenmue III was an Epic scam...

There's a pattern here...

Which leads me to believe there are many nefarious folks in media and behind the scenes pushing the "Shenmue III Scam" narrative to serve their agendas...

Wonder what their next unfounded accusation will be...

Last edited:
Project Update 85:
PC & PS4 Physical Version Disc Data
We would like to address the many inquiries concerning the physical version disc data. Development is moving forward to have all necessary data to play the game contained on the disc. Please rest assured that the disc will not be just a prompt for an internet download.
*An internet connection is a planned requirement for the purposes of game updates and reward activation.

Tim Sweeny and Epic are bullshitters and these so called "hardcore haters" contributed to Shenmue 3 being backed just as much as everyone else, if not sometimes more. They have legitimate complaints and reason to feel burned by all parties involved. And just because they are angry doesnt make them wrong, nor does it mean they dont love shenmue. Really get over yourselves. Also the marketing and kickstarter has been run incompetently since it began, it succeeded despite of it because people love the series as much as they do.

So you think that, even if YS Net fix the situation, they still deserve to be trashed online forever? Because that's the scenario I put forth.

Did you tell me to get over myself? Are you dismissing my concerns? How dare you! Video games are serious business. Take it seriously please.

there were still open cases in 2018 because people just ignored their mail, so instead of 800€
their lawyers opened a judicial procedure and wanted 5000€ for the procedural costs.

Opening a judicial procedure is NOT the same as a lawsuit. It's a single stage in the process. It may become a lawsuit, it may not.

i dont really know what you even want from me, the only point i was trying to make
is that Deep Silver / Koch Media doesnt support games that you can start and or download without any copyright protection.
there are only older games from them on GOG, none of the newer ones.

I want you to substantiate your own argument. Is that too much to ask? That you provide an actual shred of evidence to support your claim?

And your claim that Koch Media/DS doesn't support newer games that can't run without copyright protection is, of course, nonsense.

One of Deep Silver's latest releases, Pathfinder Kingmaker, is for sale on the GOG store. As is Kingdom Come: Deliverance - which, granted, was initially published by another company but neither Koch Media nor Deep Silver removed it from the GOG store.

if you want to discuss the exact details of every Koch Media lawsuit, i think this is not the right thread.

Every lawsuit? You haven't provided the actual details or even a link to a single one. Here's some legal advice for free. A letter with a demand for payment in settlement is not a lawsuit. It's a letter, and a speculative one at best, asking for money to AVOID a lawsuit.

Companies use these all the time because they know for every 10/100/1000 whatever a few people will be frightened into paying up.

The likelihood of them actually taking legal action is minimal due to:

a) the excessive cost relative to the damages likely to be awarded
b) the excessive burden of proof
c) the very dangerous prospect of a precedent-setting judgement against them

The only prospect of an actual trial is if the person being sued just happened to be a member of Codex or another group releasing the cracked games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back