Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Kickstarter update #123 backer reward activation

1. Redeem the game code issued for your chosen platform (voucher code for PS4 or product code for Epic Games Store).

2. Enter your Backer Code in the game itself.

All backers will need to go to either the PlayStation Store or the Epic Games Launcher to redeem your platform-specific game code. Backers with in-game rewards will then need to enter their Backer Code in-game after starting up Shenmue III.

Hey, does anyone know what the backer code is?

Edit: Oh I guess it's a seperate code issued on Fangamer along with the PSN and Epic codes?

I imagine it’s the bonus stuff. Like bonus phone conversations and stuff that some Perks allowed for

I imagine it’s the bonus stuff. Like bonus phone conversations and stuff that some Perks allowed for
Nah I meant 'what is it?', as in is it another code they send via Fangamer or some sort of ID we have attached to our KS accounts? But I think I get it now. I just don't really get why we have two different codes to enter to access our DLC. Hey, maybe someone will write an article about it? "Shenmue backers MUST exert additional energy entering TWO codes to access their rewards" :p

Nah I meant 'what is it?', as in is it another code they send via Fangamer or some sort of ID we have attached to our KS accounts? But I think I get it now. I just don't really get why we have two different codes to enter to access our DLC. Hey, maybe someone will write an article about it? "Shenmue backers MUST exert additional energy entering TWO codes to access their rewards" :p

ah okay I see.

Those dastardly slime balls making us enter two different codes. How dare they! :D

So can I just ask a stupid question, is the PS4 game code something that will be on a card inside the game case itself?

So can I just ask a stupid question, is the PS4 game code something that will be on a card inside the game case itself?
For the backer stuff it will be distributed via fangamer surveys.

Any retail stuff is a code on a card in the ps4 box.

Not sure I understand the question exactly, but download codes will be found in the backer area of your Fangamer survey, not inside the game case.

Wait, I’m still somewhat confused. How do we get the backer code?
It will be sent to your Fangamer backer survey area. Then you enter it in-game, after having first entered the PSN/EGS code on the respective platform.

All that is left after that is to kneel and say "I will have my revenge!" three times whilst looking sideways into a mirror at 4pm this afternoon.

But only if the sun is out.

If not, you have to do all the above, but in reverse. Wearing a bowler hat. Filled with jam.

Will be given via Fangamer as I understand it.

It will be sent to your Fangamer backer survey area. Then you enter it in-game, after having first entered the PSN/EGS code on the respective platform.

All that is left after that is to kneel and say "I will have my revenge!" three times whilst looking sideways into a mirror at 4pm this afternoon.

But only if the sun is out.

If not, you have to do all the above, but in reverse. Wearing a bowler hat. Filled with jam.

Oh I see. Thanks again folks. Wouldn’t know which way is up without you fellas.

Seems they really should have clarified where the codes are and when they arrive as 90% of the comments are wondering. Obviously the codes will be sent out Tuesday. Only one comment about refunds from some dude in France who I think just didn't understand how to get the refund when that was a thing (judging by his English).

Pretty funky that many of us who chose physical versions will get it before digital versions. :cool:

Physical master race

I just don't really get why we have two different codes to enter to access our DLC.
Disclaimer: Some of this is speculation.

The actual PSN/Epic Store DLC codes are basically products, and they can't realistically make thousands of unique products for single users on the storefront. As far as I know, all of the DLC products need to be set up by hand and I'm not even sure if the storefront even could support thousands of possible DLC products for a single title. The DLC basically serves the purpose of identifying that you are a backer and all backers get a code for the same product add-on.

The in-game backer code identifies who you are, because some of the rewards had specific "find your X in the game and get Y" rewards. As to why they couldn't just do it in game only since the backer code option is visible to everyone, perhaps this was their way of keeping backer-exclusive items away from non-backers. There's nothing to prevent a backer from sharing their unique code.

Since nobody has backer codes yet, I don't think we know yet specifically what happens if you haven't downloaded the DLC and try to use a backer code. But my main answer here is they probably did it this way to make sure only backers can get the backer rewards. (Although the PC version will probably be hacked for everything at some point)

Back