Kickstarter update #123 Backer reward walkthrough

Disclaimer: Some of this is speculation.

The actual PSN/Epic Store DLC codes are basically products, and they can't realistically make thousands of unique products for single users on the storefront. As far as I know, all of the DLC products need to be set up by hand and I'm not even sure if the storefront even could support thousands of possible DLC products for a single title. The DLC basically serves the purpose of identifying that you are a backer and all backers get a code for the same product add-on.

The in-game backer code identifies who you are, because some of the rewards had specific "find your X in the game and get Y" rewards. As to why they couldn't just do it in game only since the backer code option is visible to everyone, perhaps this was their way of keeping backer-exclusive items away from non-backers. There's nothing to prevent a backer from sharing their unique code.

Since nobody has backer codes yet, I don't think we know yet specifically what happens if you haven't downloaded the DLC and try to use a backer code. But my main answer here is they probably did it this way to make sure only backers can get the backer rewards. (Although the PC version will probably be hacked for everything at some point)

Ah thank you, that makes so much sense that I think you're bang on with your speculation. Cheers.

I'm hoping the backer codes don't require activation, since I'd love to use my code on both PC and PS4 (and even future ports).

When do they sent out codes? I couldn't find a time frame for that.

My Fangamer survey has just been updated, so the codes are there now, but it says they won't be active until midnight in your respective country... so I have an hour to wait... beats 18 years I guess...

My Fangamer survey has just been updated, so the codes are there now, but it says they won't be active until midnight in your respective country... so I have an hour to wait... beats 18 years I guess...
Not really midnight. It shows these times for me for the full game download:

"NOTICE: Code will be active at the following times:
2019-11-19 22:00 JST
2019-11-19 21:00 HKT
2019-11-19 14:00 CET
2019-11-19 13:00 GMT
2019-11-19 08:00 EST
2019-11-19 05:00 PST "

Ah fair enough, it's midnight for me in the UK, just assumed it would be the same for everyone -

2019-11-19 09:00 JST
2019-11-19 08:00 HKT
2019-11-19 01:00 CET
2019-11-19 00:00 GMT
2019-11-18 19:00 EST
2019-11-18 16:00 PST

I just get "No Epic Games Product code has been entered. To validate rewards, enter your Epic Games product code in the Epic Games store." when I fill in my five digit "Backer password" from Fangamer. What gives?

Edit; Worked for credits.

I just get "No Epic Games Product code has been entered. To validate rewards, enter your Epic Games product code in the Epic Games store." when I fill in my five digit "Backer password" from Fangamer. What gives?

Edit; Worked for credits.
Did you redeem the DLC code on EGS? You have 2 codes, one for the game on EGS & one for the DLC on EGS. Once you've entered and downloaded both, then you can enter your backer password ingame.

I've downloaded the game and redeemed the DLC code but I don't think the DLC redeemed properly?

I've redeemed both EGS codes and loaded up the game, but the 'Backer Password' isn't working.

I'm having the same problem. Redeemed all my codes via Epic and when attempting to enter my backer password/code I'm met with the "No Epic Games Product code has been entered. To validate rewards, enter your Epic Games product code in the Epic Games store." message. Above Mugen said it "worked for credits"... Unsure if the meaning of that. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

I'm not sure of the solution to others with the EGS dlc issue as I have it myself and am looking for one, but I can tell you that if you're not sure if your code redemption worked or not you can go to EGS's website (because apparently putting this information on the EGS launcher is too much to ask) and check under your account under "Transactions" to see your redeemed codes.

I can confirm my DLC code is redeemed for my account, but my code still won't work in game.

you can go to EGS's website (because apparently putting this information on the EGS launcher is too much to ask) and check under your account under "Transactions" to see your redeemed codes.

I'll have to look at that after work as Transactions doesn't seem to be a thing via the mobile site. Thank you for the response. I appreciate the help. Hope it all gets sorted out soon.

I'm having the same problem. Redeemed all my codes via Epic and when attempting to enter my backer password/code I'm met with the "No Epic Games Product code has been entered. To validate rewards, enter your Epic Games product code in the Epic Games store." message. Above Mugen said it "worked for credits"... Unsure if the meaning of that. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!
If you click "Credits" in the main menu you will be prompted for the backer password. Then (given you backed enough on KS) your name will be highlighted in the credit roll. If so you at least know the backer password/code is correct. I redeemed game+dlc but as for you above, not getting the ingame bonused. Something not connecting in the backend.

Back