KS Update #92; Surveys #6 A thank you from Yu Suzuki and final survey deadline!

An update with a largely unanimated Yu Suzuki capsule toy? Strange, a teeny bit cute, but largely useless. It'd be just as fun (and easier) to just read text of what Yu Suzuki wanted to say. I do appreciate how thankful to the backers Yu Suzuki's message is though. (y)

Last edited:
I see graphics are now gearing towards the gritty realism like some have pleaded. No complaints here. :p

Anyway, I'm part of the 25%. Haven't committed yet on that damn guestbook message.

Last edited:
At last we see some proper facial animation! (just kidding).

The environments are looking very nice. I wonder if a stone carver lives in that house.

Better than nothing. And i like that capsule toy Yu Suzuki. :-) Hopefully we can find it in the game next year.

The good thing is they seem incredibly confident of that August 2019 release date!

Still wondering when the English voice work will be happening though...

The good thing is they seem incredibly confident of that August 2019 release date!

Still wondering when the English voice work will be happening though...
Corey Marshall's voice work should have begun back in May, so hopefully everything is going swimmingly on that front.

Someone help me out, the PC system requirements say you need at least 100 gigs of space. I'm not a PC gamer, but this can't mean that the game is that big right?

Someone help me out, the PC system requirements say you need at least 100 gigs of space. I'm not a PC gamer, but this can't mean that the game is that big right?
I'm sure it's just a placeholder. That, or the team has no idea how to compress data.

Assuming the game won't be fully voiced like the previous ones, I'm guessing this is teasing how the text boxes for non-voiced characters will work / sound?
Can't deny that there's a fair possibility of the game not being fully voiced, but I feel that it would be reaching to call this a tease or a foreshadow of that. That's just me though.

Personally, I think we're pretty likely to see full voice acting return in III.

Can't deny that there's a fair possibility of the game not being fully voiced, but I feel that it would be reaching to call this a tease or a foreshadow of that. That's just me though.

Personally, I think we're pretty likely to see full voice acting return in III.

I don't think some characters will not have speech. If that is the case due to budget I volunteer to do voice work for free.

Just recycle voices from II:

NPC: "Sorry, I'm too busy right now, ask someone else."

Ryo: "Man, is everyone in Guilin an asshole?"

rect4573.jpg

If there's this much to one day's script, I don't think we'll have to worry whether it's fully voiced or not. Besides, the fact that Masaya mentioned the scale of the cities makes it sound like he's talking about in-game voice acting and not just cutscenes.

To be fair I think most of us would have taken a world where not all the NPC's are voiced. However if they all are then great as it adds to the Shenmue vibe and feel that we are all looking for.

Until we see the game in action we're just guessing unfortunately but given the message from Ryo's VO id be shocked if they aren't fully voiced.

To be fair I think most of us would have taken a world where not all the NPC's are voiced. However if they all are then great as it adds to the Shenmue vibe and feel that we are all looking for.

Until we see the game in action we're just guessing unfortunately but given the message from Ryo's VO id be shocked if they aren't fully voiced.

What Ryo's VO is saying is that they have a lot of lines to dub as Ryo Hazuki but that doesn't implies to me that there will be voices for every npc. I do think every NPC will have voices but for now we only have a statement of Suzuki who said he was thinking about this issue and wasn't sure every NPC will be voiced.

This is the kind of information i'd like to have in the kickstarter update.

Well it's still something, I just checked my FanGamer account once more, so I am guessing for the region selection you just get the Region that is tied to your address?

Back