Magic Monaco 2019 Competition From Shibuya Productions. Closes Sunday!

That prize is amazing. Seriously they are stepping this up! amd I love it even more for inducing HYPE. (Not that some of us needs more inducing to be fair haha, Shenmue fans are the best)

I fucking need this. God damn. Btw... By enjoy Shenmue does that mean play it?!

That moment when you go to enter the competition with a huge grin on your face and then realise your passport expired 2 years ago... :crying:

Drawing is on Monday so it should be plenty of time to buy an expedited passport by March 7th.

Last edited:
Don't passports take weeks to process? I'm from the UK.
Have a read of this and see if it's suitable.
Impressive, the UK is fast on that. It's worth mentioning that expedited passports in the US are 2 to 3 weeks, whereas normal times are 4-6 weeks. Going by the books, for US people if you don't already have a passport it's unlikely that you can have one in time. (It honestly doesn't take that long though, unless you're a complicated situation. I got a US passport in less than 2 weeks in 2017, and it wasn't expedited.)

Having said that though - if you don't already have the necessary travel documents no matter where you are, it's probably too late anyway. In my experience, you need your passport information just to book an international flight as part of the reservation. A google search suggests this appears to be universally true for other countries. If you don't already have one, you're not going to have the information they need to book your flight on time. Same thing with hotels, although that appears to differ from place to place whether you need it just to book.

I hope everyone who enters already has what they need, because I'd hate to see them pick someone who can't go then scramble last minute to pick a new winner.

Good luck to all! Out of luck with my passport situation, but at least that increases the odds for everyone else! May the winner make MAGIC!

I entered the one on Facebook...I doubt I will win as I never really win anything but it would be a dream come true if I were to win it. Good luck to you all, hopefully one of us here gets it. :) Would be cool to head out to Monaco for a few days before heading to Japan in April.

I don't do it. Because i had fear to travel the first time alone. MAGIC is interesting to visit for sure. To sitting in a room with Yu-san and he shows you real gameplay - i think there could be a NDA.

One of the winners hasn’t even responded to Cedric. Doesn’t seem like there’ll be a redraw. :(

That was my worst fear when I checked that guy's Twitter account out. It looked very infrequently used, and the whole time I was thinking "hoooo boy, I hope this guy remembers they went in for this contest".

It's a shame, but it happens.

Agree. Hopefully a "real" fan, in both senses of the word, may win the re-contest.

Back