Magic Monaco 2019 Competition From Shibuya Productions. Closes Sunday!

This is what he said.

Sounds like MAYBE they'll re-draw.

Interesting.

That was my worst fear when I checked that guy's Twitter account out. It looked very infrequently used, and the whole time I was thinking "hoooo boy, I hope this guy remembers they went in for this contest".
When he won, I looked and noticed he didn't use his account much. When I saw the tweet from Cedric saying they hadn't gotten a response from him I looked at who he followed and there was nothing obviously related to Shenmue that I could see which initially made me suspect a fake person. (Other than Cedric & MAGIC, which are his two most recent follows added when he entered the contest) Going back in his history he does appear to be a real person, but I do wonder how he found out about the contest in the first place given that he barely uses Twitter. It's just so random that I'm curious how he found out about it and then this happens. His last tweet was on a Sunday, the one prior was on a Friday. Maybe he's one of those people who only has time to use social media on weekends.

I was already worried going into it that they'd pick someone who wasn't actually able to travel to the event and didn't realize it, but never considered a no-show as a possibility too. I hope they either get ahold of him or gave him a deadline and try to give someone else a chance before it's too late. At least the other winner presumably had no issues.

I don't envy Cédric's dilemma.

I've learned the hard way (from running them, not from losing out) that with these contests it saves headaches if you set a deadline in advance, after which any winner who hasn't replied to claim their prize forfeits it to a new winner.

Difficult to articulate in a character-limited tweet though, where you're also explaining the extensive prize and how to enter. Sometimes a "full terms and conditions" link is beneficial.

Going back in his history he does appear to be a real person, but I do wonder how he found out about the contest in the first place given that he barely uses Twitter.

Probably the same way I did - via forum post.

When he won, I looked and noticed he didn't use his account much. When I saw the tweet from Cedric saying they hadn't gotten a response from him I looked at who he followed and there was nothing obviously related to Shenmue that I could see which initially made me suspect a fake person. (Other than Cedric & MAGIC, which are his two most recent follows added when he entered the contest) Going back in his history he does appear to be a real person, but I do wonder how he found out about the contest in the first place given that he barely uses Twitter. It's just so random that I'm curious how he found out about it and then this happens. His last tweet was on a Sunday, the one prior was on a Friday. Maybe he's one of those people who only has time to use social media on weekends.

I was already worried going into it that they'd pick someone who wasn't actually able to travel to the event and didn't realize it, but never considered a no-show as a possibility too. I hope they either get ahold of him or gave him a deadline and try to give someone else a chance before it's too late. At least the other winner presumably had no issues.

Thats the dilemma here. Most competitions have a claim by date otherwise it moves to the next winner.

They might have to publically say we give until X date for the person to respond otherwise they do a redraw. They should still have all the entires. That's the only fair way to do it.

Maybe say until Monday latest as people would need to be ready to travel at short notice if they won.

Back