Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th 2019 Part 2 Discussion and Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I know the trailer is coming. I've just come to the conclusion that, like the conference, it will be overhyped Cedric nonsense. It's probably 30 seconds long and 15 seconds of that is probably more cave footage.

I really do hope I'm proven wrong and if I am I'll happily apologise for my negativity.

Edit: Also, we really are at the point where they shouldn't just be relying on trailers... show some gameplay and talk through the game.

lets just wait. if the trailer in 4-5 hours is super awesome we will all forget the disappointment in just 1 second
and if the trailer is bad then we can talk about it. we havent seen everything they have for us.

I think something like this would at least cool me over....show me the hud, show me Ryo walking through the town in third person, show me a fight, show me a QTE event, show me a bit of fishing even....just show me a variety of small slices of the game to whet my appetite.

But if it's just more cut scenes of Ryo and Shenhua walking, more of the cave and more of the same, then I'll be disappointed.

If they deliver something like that Judgement trailer where it's small slices of actual real gameplay then I'll be happy. That's all I really want from this trailer. Just give me small slices of Shenmue III in action to rest my unease.

But I'll wait, it's 3 hours away and we'll just wait and see.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be a buzz kill, but at the same time I don't necessarily want to be over expecting and be disappointed. I'd rather remain realistic and not hype myself like crazy as there is always a chance that it could be underwhelming. Hyping yourself up and then potentially being disappointed isn't the way to go either.

I am pretty chill, I just need to see something more substantial before I truly get excited...but yeah, 3 hours to go.

I got up early for nothing?!?!?!?!

Damn guys. My friend toldme that the exclusive Magic Shenmue 3 tshirts costs 60 euros!
Fuck that!! I ain't getting one! LOL As beautifull as they might be!
60 euros is almost the price of the full game!

When exactly is this trailer/conference video supposed to be made public?

I'd also say, let the people at the conference speak for themselves. Don't transfer your disappointment onto them.

Thanks, but "I feel bad for the people attending that conference" is not me 'transferring my disappointment onto others' as you put it. If I wanted to do that, I would have said something like "All of the people at that conference are clearly just as disappointed as I am". Perhaps they weren't disappointed and thought that conference was the second coming of Christ. It doesn't matter. They were 'promised' something which they didn't fully receive at the most logical time for it which to me seemed a bit unfair.

Again, first proper criticism coming from me, though I understand you want to keep positive vibes flowing.
Dude Magic Monaco is way more than just the Shenmue 3 stuff! (even tho many people just go there for that reason) Last year I was there and from the point of view of seeing new stuff from the game, it was even more disapointing.
They spent almost the entire conference speaking about Yu Suzuki past carrer and stuff. But the rest of the event was super-cool.
A lot of interresting things going on, cosplay, drawing artists, a litle game/art market for people to buy some cool things and many other stuff.
The energy there is pretty cool. So last year I spent undreads of euros to go there to see almost nothing new about shenmue 3, yet I loved the whole thing.

Thanks man. I'm glad its a fun show to be at and I'm sure all the Dojo members down there are having a great time down there. Looking forward to Crazy Time!

Thanks, but "I feel bad for the people attending that conference" is not me 'transferring my disappointment onto others' as you put it. If I wanted to do that, I would have said something like "All of the people at that conference are clearly just as disappointed as I am". Perhaps they weren't disappointed and thought that conference was the second coming of Christ. It doesn't matter. They were 'promised' something which they didn't fully receive at the most logical time for it which to me seemed a bit unfair.
Anybody from the community, especially if they are familiar with how MAGIC went in previous years, knew this was a possibility.

As Joel already said, actually being there is different to watching it from afar. I expect the wait matters even less to them, than it does to most of us. Don't feel bad for them, because they're probably having a great time together regardless.

But yes, best to leave it alone and just sit on our hands for the meanwhile.

Honestly. I still can't believe the price of that fucking tshirt... 60 damn euros. It must be made of gold or something...
I was so happy to be getting one :(

wait for some friendly people who will buy 10 of them
and then sell them for 150€ each on ebay. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back