Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th 2019 Part 2 Discussion and Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one sort of angry that he's already been working on and developing a new VR game? The GALL!

Actually it is made out of Yu Suzuki's pubes. Vamos caralho!
Louis Ck... A prestine polyglot. Pubes are pubes, doesn't matter who are they from. So that wouldnt raise the price.
I think that price is because of the "exclusive" term atched to it. So my stance here represents a "fuck tshirt exclusivity" kind of atitude hahahah

Am I the only one sort of angry that he's already been working on and developing a new VR game? The GALL!
Not sure if joking, but he's really just an advising producer or sorts. For whatever reason the company actually developing the game sort of made him the "face" of it at TGS, which the director(?)/actual rep from the development company apologised for making it seem like Yu was shirking Shenmue III duties, and restated what we already know about Yu living out of the office to get Shenmue finished.

Not sure if joking, but he's really just an advising producer or sorts. For whatever reason the company actually developing the game sort of made him the "face" of it at TGS, which the director(?)/actual rep from the development company apologised for making it seem like Yu was shirking Shenmue III duties, and restated what we already know about Yu living out of the office to get Shenmue finished.

Naw I was serious and didn't know that. I thought it was a bit odd though.

Naw I was serious and didn't know that. I thought it was a bit odd though.
Yeah, don't worry about it. Was very heavily reaffirmed Yu's attention is on Shenmue III. A lot, if not all, the design work on Shenmue is finished by now though, so I'm not surprised Yu could fit advising on another project into his schedule. Yu did this a lot in the AM2 days when he was overseeing the entire department, though he may have been more involved in those projects.

We've learned new details about the battle system, part-time jobs and NPCs, plus we have a new trailer in mere hours and some people are upset? Jesus.

I can understand being a bit annoyed that the trailer isn't quite as early in the day as you'd hoped, but some people are overblowing it by a factor of around a trillion or so.

I really cannot wait. What I essentially wish for is for them to show the Shenmue essentials: Ryo walking, talking and fighting.

With them showing off that new screenshot of Ryo fighting I think we definitly gonna see at least that in action.

Honestly after such a long development time and the release being in a few months I think it is about time to show off some gameplay.

As someone whose been out and having a quick break I can say the following.

1. T-shirts cost €60! But sod it!
2. We got some details on the minigame mechanics and some depth around the development.
3. The fighting system was further explained and signs to both new and old players.

The trailer we will have to wait. Personally I've had an awesome time so far meeting some amazing Shenmue fans from across the community.

Never forget where we came from and why we came together.

We've learned new details about the battle system, part-time jobs and NPCs, plus we have a new trailer in mere hours and some people are upset? Jesus.
And a new screen.

I always saw the conference as a Q&A with Yu Suzuki, and I wasn't arsed that I couldn't translate into English. If it was my decision, yes - the trailer would've been shown in the designated Shenmue III conference. Am I bothered it wasn't? No - it's coming this afternoon. Feel free to boil piss if it's a load of turd, but in the meantime, relax.

Let me get this right. People have gone from hype-train to piss-boil because the trailer wasn't shown when they hoped, or thought, it would be shown? Even though we know it's coming this afternoon?

Bonkers.

I think people are more paranoid that the reason behind not showing much at the conference, is because the gameplay isn't going to live up to the hype.

There's going to be weird energy about this until the trailer is dropped, that's for sure.

Just my take, but a demonstration of how the gameplay actually works would’ve been more beneficial than looking at yet another static screenshot. It’s been years of this kind of thing now so of course a few of us are a little raw over it. Fortunately I found out after waking up from a pleasant night’s sleep, so I can’t be too mad.

Maybe the trailers gonna do all that and more, so we’ll wait and see!

Is anybody working on a full translation of the entire presentation? I would but I know nothing and am worthless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back