Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th 2019 Part 2 Discussion and Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
No live stream at a game event in 2019...? Wow. Hope we don't have to wait too much for the gameplay trailer!
It's not really a game event like an E3 or Gamescom sort of affair, so it's understandable.

The concept behind MAGIC is, I guess, to allow fans to meet their favourite creators (though this has branched out into Hollywood actors now), attending interview sessions and panels, etc. Live streaming is kind of antithetical to the business model.

It doesn't particularly work with dropping new Shenmue III media I'll admit, but I assume Deep Silver have that covered through other means and will drop the trailer pretty quickly after a MAGIC debut.

Not really, it could just be used as promotion, like many events do.
But I guess having SIII premieres do the trick.
Guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

IMO only the Shenmue stuff would make total sense for a livestream right now, but it is what it is. Shibuya don't want to commit the resources, or keep MAGIC "special", or whatever.

We won't be in the dark at all tomorrow regardless. Plenty of our crew are going to be there making sure the social media is updated as things happen, let alone whatever comes out of official channels.

3am local time here in Monaco right now, so 6 hours until the show kicks off. Cannot sleep for shit!! Just staring at the celling thinking about what we could see today. Managed to finally get some shut eye after about an hour of just laying here, wake up and it's like 30 minutes later lol time is going too slow!!
Today's the day guys, going to be incredible!!

original

Not like this...

giphy.gif

Just thought I’d leave this here to remind us of how far we’ve come.

Wait-

The GIF of the guy standing up with his hands above his head, is from the reveal!?!??!

xq2JNF.gif

I've seen this EVERYWERE and had no clue it was from the reveal!!!!!!

(I was horribly sick with the worst Strep Throat {I've had it 8 times in my life}, so I barely watched any of the vids around the the time of the reveal)

that Detroit Become Human comparison is fake.
people captured the trailer in the PSN store themself because it wasnt available as a official upload anywhere else.
one guy captured the compressed video manually
and then every channel / site took that video and uploaded it again.
so it got worse and worse and worse. so this a video problem, not a downgrade.
and you can see how fast stuff like this spreads around.

3am local time here in Monaco right now, so 6 hours until the show kicks off. Cannot sleep for shit!! Just staring at the celling thinking about what we could see today. Managed to finally get some shut eye after about an hour of just laying here, wake up and it's like 30 minutes later lol time is going too slow!!
Today's the day guys, going to be incredible!!

I feel you. It's 4:24 in the morning here and sleeping is near impossible. I need to try to NOT be exhausted once the trailer drops. This hard, haha. Guess this is what happens when one awaits a game for 15 years.

I'm up and awake (3.35am here) but don't intend to pull an all-nighter as I'll be comatose by midday if I do.

Hype is slowly increasing however as we draw ever closer. Plan is to go to sleep a few hours before the show kicks off and then wake up to all the media, mania and reactions. And I think that's a good plan. Waking up to Shenmue 3.

I don't really think I can stay up 6 hours more because I got up kinda early today.
But tomorrow I can sleep on the travel :unsure:

It's 5:34am in Monaco and 3:34pm Saturday Afternoon here in Sydney Australia. Tonight's gonna be a long night for me :)

Maybe I should go play some Shenmue II while waiting for info to start trickling out. I'm actually playing Virtua Fighter 2 right now so yeah, Shenmue II could be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back