Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th 2019 Part 2 Discussion and Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure this is a stylistic change rather than an omission.

I hope not. I don't really see the point. I mean, the jacket is iconic the way it is. Things like a Japanese guy in China speaking fluently to everyone doesn't bother me. That does.

But I also considered the possibility that it's an alteration you can make, since you can change Ryo's clothes and all. Who knows. Like I said, just pissy and nitpicky because it's early.

I can understand that some people might feel a bit annoyed. Especially those from over sea regions that stayed awake or get up extra early for that but seriously what did you guys expect?

YS net and the other people working hard on the project have proved many times in the past that they are not PR people. They are not these big gaming publishers that spends tons of Money to show us a spectacle. Things are way more simpler with Shenmue 3. The conference was good. It showed some new infos. Off course a video clip would be better but I think we get the video later on.

I hope that trailer makes me ejaculate before I even get an erection. And I feel like it will. Going to try to not let this part of the show detour me from that hype.

Got to admit that going through old screens 6 months before release doesnt instill me with confidence...
Yu went through old screens as examples of characters with different ages and physical characteristics, putting emphasis on the unique qualities. It wasn't a "yo dude look at these fresh shots" moment.

I hope not. I don't really see the point. I mean, the jacket is iconic the way it is. Things like a Japanese guy in China speaking fluently to everyone doesn't bother me. That does.

But I also considered the possibility that it's an alteration you can make, since you can change Ryo's clothes and all. Who knows. Like I said, just pissy and nitpicky because it's early.
I guess we'll chalk it down to not having your morning coffee yet or something, but it's not really a huge deal, is it?

A missing patch is probably not a hill worth dying on, especially considering Ryo doesn't have one of the arm patches in the concept art we know they've been working from:

KNsB6L2.png

Yu went through old screens as examples of characters with different ages and physical characteristics, putting emphasis on the unique qualities. It wasn't a "yo dude look at these fresh shots" moment.

I guess we'll chalk it down to not having your morning coffee yet or something, but it's not really a huge deal, is it?

A missing patch is probably not a hill worth dying on, especially considering Ryo doesn't have one of the arm patches in the concept art we know they've been working from:

KNsB6L2.png

And the missing patch may be part of the story...

Maybe the sleeve emblems had to be removed to appease China cuz they look too much like a U.S flag. I know, crazy conspiracy that has like 0.5% of being true but it seems weird as well to remove them as a stylistic choice.

i wope up 10 minutes ago. clicked on the shenmue dojo forum link, ... wait, only 5 new alerts?
what happened? thats all?
turns out there are more than 10 new pages in the monaco thread.

Maybe the sleeve emblems had to be removed to appease China cuz they look too much like a U.S flag. I know, crazy conspiracy that has like 0.5% of being true but it seems weird as well to remove them as a stylistic choice.
It's still on his other arm, as per the concept art above.

shenmueiii-theprophec43kxv.jpg

I think it's just because they've gone back to the source concept art when revitalising some of the designs.

One more thing from the Shenmue Dojo Facebook Feed:
"
Moving back to discussions on NPCS.
In the originals each had their own routine. In #Shenmue3 There is an importance on the personality of the npc characters. Each will have their own appearance, mannerisms and speech."

That is fucking awesome! See you soon

Very interesting but... what does that mean lol?

KNsB6L2.png

Trust me, I'm well aware of that concept art. But if we were going off earlier designs, I guess Lan Di would look like this in Shenmue III:

http://shenmuedojo.net/images/modimages/betalandi4.jpg

Ryo has already been established in the games as having two patches. It may be very nitpicky, yes, but it doesn't make a lot of sense to wake up the next morning without it. But that's not even why I was bothered in the first place. If it ends up that way in the game, so be it. It's not going to kill me. It just gave me the impression they might possibly have nothing but outdated material to show us, yet again. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Again, I have been extremely calm during this entire campaign. Let it cook, let it cook I always say. And personally, I'm glad spoilers have been kept at bay with the lack of footage shown. But we're at the point now where we need some shit to blow people away. Not blow me away, because I can wait, and I know it will satisfy me. But I do want the game to succeed to ensure I'm not left in limbo again after Shenmue III. I don't think we can handle another 18 year wait. I just want some proper material to be shown that helps remind the general public that hey, Shenmue III is almost here and it looks fine as fuck, people.

It's still on his other arm, as per the concept art above.

shenmueiii-theprophec43kxv.jpg

I think it's just because they've gone back to the source concept art when revitalising some of the designs.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Anyway...
Does Koch Media not know what live means? 1. They didn't stream or broadcast anything. 2. These are old pictures that they had already taken, and they are not live blogging either.

I mean, yeah, they're attending but in what way are they Live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back