Magic Monaco Press Conference March 9th 2019 Part 2 Discussion and Reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game can benefit from a 3 to 6 month delay. Anymore than that and I’d be concerned. But when I think back of great games that I’ve played, many had substantial delays including Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, Resident Evil 4, etc

Is this forum alive and kicking again?
-- I marked so damn hard for Ryo vs Pai!!!! I am a huge Virtua FIghter mark so of course the sight of the Pai look alike made me mark out. I know it's not Pai but considering Shenmue started off as Virtua Fighter RPG, it might as well be Pai :)

I was watching the trailer with my 7-year-old daughter and we both noticed that character looks like Pai, too! My daughter is very interested in any girl or woman Sega characters so she's already familiar with Pai... and looking forward to any parts of Shenmue when you can talk to Shenhua or possibly even play as Shenhua.

I don't suppose there are metadata in the trailer, @Spaghetti ?
Visually it looks more or less the same as Gamescom, I guess the last screenshots were kinda deceptive due to angle or whatever... Or this is an older build.

This game can benefit from a 3 to 6 month delay. Anymore than that and I’d be concerned. But when I think back of great games that I’ve played, many had substantial delays including Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, Resident Evil 4, etc
Pretty sure someone said Yu Suzuki mentioned August 27th in the conference at a certain point though.

One thing I haven't seen mentioned yet is that the behind closed doors session with the press who saw extended (10 minute?) gameplay should lead to an in-flux of new previews soon, in the coming days. Excited to read them.

Each delay needs money. YSNet already employed their joker card on the first delay. I'm not seeing Deep Silver accepting to be a cash cow neither. They did the job by extending the production to one year, which represented a big lot of cash.

Maybe one or two weeks to bypass some big titles like Ghost of Sushima but more? I don't believe it at all.

I've been watching the fight/sparring with the Pai-like character in slow motion. The stylized motion lines and particle effects look really cool!

I couldn't be happier with this trailer, except if they showed some gameplay footage.
With that said am a pig rolling in its own fecal matter and loving it.

YSNet are growers not showers. I think we are good people.

I think this is mostly "gameplay", the camera angles and movement seem very on par with the camera angles in conversation for shenmue (even better). Looks like a default quest sequence (talk to little kid, talk to big guy, search house X told you about).
Seems like the fighting is mostly training.
There's a glimpse of a training minigame.
Maybe the part where Shenhua says it's better to think about it, it's an actual choice (YS said something that Shenhua would be the "smart approach" or something like that for the perspective system, but I think it was also hinted at playable ren and shenhua).
Some animations look kinda stiff, but mostly there. The fighting looks smooth AF. Per object motion blur is expensive, but man, it does wonders (not really a fan of the blocking sparkles though).
Some bad AA on the trees on the back (little weird for a UE game).
The hands, oh man, seems like they attached on from another model (very vascular, darker tone, and kinda weirdly placed).

Still, the editing on the videos is kinda... off (the last one was somewhat better in some regards). And the end seems kinda cutoff.
But man, this is Shenmue III.
Hopefully we'll start to see the gameplay shown to people soon.

Personally I'm happy with the trailer I know that a lot of people expecting a more realistic graphics but I'm OK with the cartoonist style cause the graphics didn't make the game the story does, so I'm waiting 18 years to continue this story and from the trailer that we saw it feels like a proper shenmue game, hearing Ryo it feels so nostalgic reminds me of my childhood. So now as for the promotion staff I expect deep silver ans sony starting to promote the game cause we are 5 months away from the release date. anyway hands up for Suzuki San and ysnet great jop can't wait to play the game!!!

The same people that were saying "I just want to know what happens! Please finish the story!", are the same ones bitching and moaning about every little thing.

PATHETIC

Think for a second why that might be.

If we as fans notice these shortcomings, what do you think will happen when gaming publications get ahold of review copies and shit all over Shenmue 3.

Do you not want to see the story finished in a part 4?

A polished game will lead to better reviews and ultimately to better sales which then secures Shenmue 4.

About the trailer:
It seems like the target audience is just fans, I don't think that any newcomer will get any better knowledge of what this game is from it (the last trailer actually does some of it, even if not showing gameplay), and also was better construded as a trailer. Also to point out, that it didn't get that much mainstream media attention (so probably the PR hasn't sent news outlets the video).
Kinda bummed that they didn't show Ryo just walking around, just for 2 seconds and it would have made the trailer at least 22.2% better.

Overall looks ok, the guy that has his house trashed looks like he has a big head, and the guy that beats up Ryo looks too cartoony like he belongs in Dragon Ball Z.

People keep saying that it isn’t realistic looking enough. But seriously. Look at Do Niu and tell me he doesn’t look like an anime villain? Or how about Chai? Chai is straight up Gollum. It’s not like this game doesn’t already have its fair share of anime villains as is.

124F8367-3460-4B77-86FC-315D7EAAB541.jpeg03F29F95-8CE7-4DC0-B312-E2A58F79BE84.jpeg

Bad points some characters like muscle guy from before. Motion capture makes characters look like they're moving sporadically not smooth. Good points graphics look ok, lip sync seems accurate still needs a bit of work though. 500 characters with personalities preety good. But sadly not much gameplay like walking on a quest, game isn't getting much exposure and only 5 months to go.

Last edited:
It must be so hard for yu suzazi making a game that had barely been worked on when he announced it at E3 2015. Most games that are announced have been heavily worked on and have plenty to show. Two years in fans be like ‘I wanna see gameplay!’ How can he show gameplay when the world is still being created and won’t be refined? Then fans be like ‘I wanna see a trailer with voiceover and perfect lynpsynx!’ How can he show that when voice actors haven’t even finished their lines? Shenmue is a game with immense detail and on a grand scale. You cannot expect him to build all of that and have it all smoothed out looking perfect when he started less than four years ago with a small team from humble beginnings!

Yep, the Dojo was down and i concentrated me only on the fantastic Livestream from Crazy Time! You are my hero of the day, thank you so much for this great Livestream! I was so happy about that.

I love the Trailer. I like how Shenhua looks at the bad guy in the beginning and i like how her ear where her earring is was whipping with it. What i don't understand are the negative voices. That makes me angry. My Hype-Level is over 10.000 right now. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back