Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered

Favourite title
Shenmue
PSN
Jrockstr
A Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered (Switch, Xbox One, PS4) is being heavily rumored for a October release. Retail listings have been popping up and are now removed.

I personally can't wait. A sci-fi epic that I absolutely adored. One of my favorite trilogies is getting a remake which I'm more than stoked for. Can't wait to be sailing the stars with the crew in the Normandy again.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I would love this, especially if it had all the DLC on disc. I also would welcome a bit of an overhaul for ME1's combat to match ME2 and 3, but I understand for development's sake (and for purists) if they'd keep it closer to the original.

A Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered (Switch, Xbox One, PS4) is being heavily rumored for a October release. Retail listings have been popping up and are now removed.

I personally can't wait. A sci-fi epic that I absolutely adored. One of my favorite trilogies is getting a remake which I'm more than stoked for. Can't wait to be sailing the stars with the crew in the Normandy again.

What is everyone's thoughts on this?
I'd love this. If I only had the time to play it. So many things to do. I played ME 2 and 3 and they were amazing and fun games.
The story in ME 3 kind of ´sucked´ compared to ME 2 but it had superior gameplay, in my humble opinion.
I never played ME 1 but I hope they visually make it a little bit more appealing and also improve the controls.

There is a part of me that kind of hopes this doesn't happen. If it does it is a day one purchase for me, and with Cyberpunk 2077 also coming out I am going to be seriously broke.

I did some searching around and I found this from a article back in August:

according to GamesBeat journalist Jeff Grubb, who made the claim during podcast on Friday.

“Up until like this last week, I know the plan for sure was to announce it in early October, release in later in October. So good news.

“Maybe bad news, it’s 2020, maybe that could start to slip, it sounds like maybe that’s a possibility, nothing for sure yet.”

He added: “I know it’s real. I’ve seen more than enough evidence to know it’s real, but it’s still 2020 and they haven’t announced it yet.”

EA has confirmed plans to launch space dogfighting game Star Wars Squadrons, a $40 console and PC title, on October 2.

“I think they were planning to have this Mass Effect trilogy be the other big thing for $60 this holiday, so that’s why I’m still pretty confident it will make it out,” Grubb said, “but with everything else falling apart, like across the board, I could see them also wanting to just delay.

“But that’s not for sure, that’s not a guarantee yet, like that hasn’t even been decided yet, it just seems like it’s a possibility that’s on the table, but last I heard, October, October for both [games].”

Grubb also said fans of the sci-fi series should expect upgraded versions of the three games rather than full remakes.

“I don’t know that for sure, I would probably lean towards upgrade. I think when I asked around about this, that was kind of the vibe I was getting, and I think that’s what people should expect for sure.”

The same journalist also said back in June that it'll release before the end of the fiscal year in March 2021.

Yeah - if they're shooting for all 3 games in one package there's no way it'll be anything more than "up-rezzed" ports, otherwise it's too expensive to make. If it comes with all DLC it's still amazing value, because ME2 never had a release that included all of the DLC and it had a ton of DLC releases.

I actually didn't play a lot of the ME2 DLC because I was, indeed, waiting for one of the "GOTY" type releases that bundled all the DLC together, but it never came. :crying: After a certain point, I don't want to pay $8 for 2 hours of DLC after the full game is discounted to $20.

Gosh I remember the trouble I had in obtaining the Mass Effect Trilogy on PS3, waited all that time to start the franchise so I had access to the 1st game as I refusd to start with ME2 - Totally worth the wait too!

I'll certainly be picking this up

The Mass Effect trilogy is among my all-time favourite games right up there with KOTOR and Shenmue. So I'd be pretty stoked when this eventually drops which is looking to be October based on all the rumblings we're hearing.

This is according to a GamesBeat report that claims "people familiar with the development" said developer BioWare and publisher Electronic Arts are holding off releasing the bundle because of the original game. Mass Effect, according to GamesBeat's sources, currently doesn't "live up to the quality of the rest of the package." They go on to say that based on the graphical and gameplay differences between Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2, releasing the bundle without paying ample attention to the original game's mechanics and visuals would "make a poor first impression for new players."

If this is true, I am indeed very pleasantly surprised! On one hand, I would understand that purists would just want the original game, warts and all, and it could effectively be a time capsule. But I think the gameplay is clearly not close to the quality of Mass Effect 2 and 3. And graphically, I wonder if they're talking about the texture pop-in that was a big issue in ME1.

It's funny because it's kind of the argument some of us have made regarding the S1 remaster, that it didn't include time skip of a few more quality of life updates to make the game a smoother experience for newcomers and would therefore turn them off of the series before playing S2.

GamesBeat also reports that EA has no plans to include the multiplayer from Mass Effect 3 into this remastered trilogy.

However, Mass Effect: Legendary Edition will reportedly include all the DLC for the three included Mass Effect games, giving new and returning players the full experience of the first three titles.

I actually wouldn't mind having another go at ME3 multiplayer if they wanted to include it, though it makes sense that something would have to be cut with a project this big.

All DLC included would be awesome, because like I said, there was never a full DLC package released for ME2 so it would be great to have every story element of the trilogy in one package.

Making Mass Effect 1's combat not suck would mean reworking a chunk of the game at a fundamental level. I'll be very impressed if they somehow transfer the combat mechanics of 2 into 1...it just seems so unlikely, but hey, if it happens then great.

I guarantee the visual upgrade will be extremely divisive too. ME1 has a very specific and unique look.

I think the core of the remastered it's to make ME1 actually playable. If they put the gameplay of ME2 in ME1, this remaster will be worth of be paid, and not just another next gen remaster like Nintendo and Sony did in the last years.

Making Mass Effect 1's combat not suck would mean reworking a chunk of the game at a fundamental level. I'll be very impressed if they somehow transfer the combat mechanics of 2 into 1...it just seems so unlikely, but hey, if it happens then great.

I guarantee the visual upgrade will be extremely divisive too. ME1 has a very specific and unique look.
I doubt it will happen, redesign the combat means redesign the leveling, progressiin system and rebalance all combat encounters. That enters on the realm of full remake.

If they just got rid of the micromanagement of all your weapons and mods in ME1, I'd play it again. It was tolerable in 07 because it was such an amazing game, but in 2020, the shit would just be unacceptable. Other than that, I'd be good. ME2 is on GOAT status

With this report talking about Mass Effect 1 like its some kind of major shortcoming that is holding the entire remaster back...am I the only one who sort of favours ME1 in the trilogy?

I mean, sure, the combat is pretty clunky, and the graphics aren't as advanced as ME3 because the game made the fatal error of being released in 2007 instead of the developers jumping in a time machine (seriously, what a bizarre point this article makes, we're talking about a re-release of an old game here, so of course its going to look a bit 'old') but I preferred ME1's more traditional BioWare RPG experience than the Gears of War shooty-shooty-bang-bang focus with diluted RPG elements in ME2 (as much as I love that game) and more so in ME3.

1601205411993.png1601206585788.png

Gosh I remember the trouble I had in obtaining the Mass Effect Trilogy on PS3, waited all that time to start the franchise so I had access to the 1st game as I refusd to start with ME2 - Totally worth the wait too!

I'll certainly be picking this up

I did the same! Playing the whole trilogy is still one of my favourite gaming experiences. I've been waiting on a new collection with all the DLC for a while now, so hope one is announced soon...

Story wise Mass Effect 1 is my favourite but I did surprisingly enjoy 2 very much despite it being more of a recruitment quest and having a stupid final boss. For me, both games are already HD so anything short of a full remaster (upgraded models, combat etc.) is not going to be worth my time.

With this report talking about Mass Effect 1 like its some kind of major shortcoming that is holding the entire remaster back...am I the only one who sort of favours ME1 in the trilogy?

I mean, sure, the combat is pretty clunky, and the graphics aren't as advanced as ME3 because the game made the fatal error of being released in 2007 instead of the developers jumping in a time machine (seriously, what a bizarre point this article makes, we're talking about a re-release of an old game here, so of course its going to look a bit 'old') but I preferred ME1's more traditional BioWare RPG experience than the Gears of War shooty-shooty-bang-bang focus with diluted RPG elements in ME2 (as much as I love that game) and more so in ME3.

Nope, you're not the only one. I'm with you, man. I love Mass Effect 1. Yeah, it's clunkier, not as smooth and the graphics aren't as good, but I actually prefer the more traditional RPG elements in ME1 that were streamlined in favour of a smoother, more acion oriented experience in the second and third games. I love the whole trilogy, but the first game still sticks out the most to me for his writing, story and the characters.

Back