Mental Health Dojo

Dear @bcdcdude: first off, I am very happy to hear that you managed to get married to your Japanese wife, but at the same time, I am sad to hear that it isn't all gold that glitters. To know that the UK currently greatly suffers from political and financial distress is very saddening to me, especially because I have friends in the UK (besides you of course), who are starting to feel as a burden to the privileged bunch. Remember the gasoline/petrol crisis that occured a few years ago during the pandemic? The couple I know who lives in Southampton struggled to afford enough petrol for their campervan and had to stay home. Moreover, after this Brexit shit, they had to renew their passports and even acquire travel visas to travel to the countries they wish to visit. And guess what? After spending several hundred quid on the entire process, they stumbled upon even more problems, be it mechanical problems on their campervan, or personal problems, such as getting sick with Covid.
My thoughts are with you and your family right now, and just so you know: being your fellow autistic and OCD-stricken friend I can help you out by sharing my side of the story too:

Yesterday, me and my mom received a letter from one of the six special needs institutions. And guess what? I am eligible for their services and have been accepted on a waiting list. At first, I thought this will be a long and strenuous journey, but it turns out it was done with express speed. Unfortunately, there are some problems: my parents are constantly feuding over their ownership of our house and the house we have in Croatia. They have agreed to halve the ownership of both properties between themselves, but I have second thoughts. Since my mom took out so many loans over the past years, I have a feeling that my own personal savings will suffer quite a lot because of this. My dad is retiring from his work next month, yet the pension he'll have will surpass that of a regular worker by a much bigger margin.

That being said, I am also going to wave goodbye to my workplace too. I'll throw a goodbye party if possible and then I'll be relocated to an institution that will take care of me and my needs.

Back