Microsoft buys Activision Blizzard for $70bn

Idk why that it's MS fault and whats the adquisitions of Bethesda and Activision Blizzard has to do with it.

Focused on appealing to the masses? Well yes. That's the idea. Except From Software and some indie studio that wants to make some obscure game that only 3 guys are willing to play.

Ongoing montetisation? DLCs started a decade ago. Nowadays with the free to game plays with monetisation skins and some events we find like a "middle ground" (hell, Fornite probably its the most played game and its free). Or you have the case of Halo's online.

NFTs? Blame Ubisoft and Square Enix (and franklly I dont think its going to work). You are pointing your guns to the wrong subject.

Recycled formulas? Again, point to Ubisoft and their Assassins Creed/Far Cry/Rainbow six and to Activision Call of Duty's (which they are saying now in Microsoft that they want to stop doing it one per year).

Low effort-high margens? Well you just described EA and Fifa.

PES? Well, that's Konami's fault, who doesnt make games anymore because they earn more money with cellphones and pachinko. Convince them to do the opposite, this is bussiness, always been. Even for Yu it is at the end of the day. Go and try convince them to make games winning less money.

All this stuff are problems outside MS and gamepass. I dont seem them related. And hell, even you cant complain about any of those stuff to them. We can talk about decadency of some part of the industry with this practices (and some more) but dont blame Microsoft for that crap. And hell, you could put the temporal exclusives like a shitty part of the industry too.
Yes, my issue is Microsoft accelerating the issue. I've been critical of the industry for a very long time. It's similar to when EA purchased Bioware. There was a concern around a lot of fans they were going to be more of a studio focused on high profit margins and not quality.

What happened? We got Anthem and Andromeda. That's not ALL on EA but it shows how one company can ruin another.

Yes, my issue is Microsoft accelerating the issue. I've been critical of the industry for a very long time. It's similar to when EA purchased Bioware. There was a concern around a lot of fans they were going to be more of a studio focused on high profit margins and not quality.

What happened? We got Anthem and Andromeda. That's not ALL on EA but it shows how one company can ruin another.
So because EA ruined Bioware (Bioware ruined itself actually, but we know its easy to blame EA) MS will ruin Bethesda and Act-Blizz when they are actually going for a long run earn with gamepass (and making Sony week taking them off COD and TES)?

I dont understand why should be bad, when MS in the last time delayed stuff when needed to be (Halo Infinite) taking note that they prefer to launch a good and finished game later. They did it free so everybody can play it. They give it to you day 1 in gamepass when they could easily say "you want it? 80 bucks, only in my console, fuck pc".

You interpreting MS its EA + more money, and MS didnt show any of those bad practices.

If we're talking of Ubisoft, EA or Act-Blizz, I can understand we've be afraid. But MS didnt show any of those bad behaviours you're talking about. Even we can stop bad behaviours of Blizzard and bad politics of Activision now.

Last edited:
90s me would have loved this because MS may be doing to Sony what Sony did to Sega πŸ˜‚

Today me would say we need Sony because of the quality games their studios are pushing out.πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ
I agree.

In 1997, Sony paid EIDOS for the exclusive rights to the sequel to Tomb Raider simply to keep it off the Sega Saturn. Outside of the anticompetitive clauses that Nintendo forced developers to sign previously, this was the first shot fired in the "pay to win" console war strategy.

Payback is a bitch.

...even if it takes 25 years.

I can't feel sorry for Sony. They introduced these tactics to the industry. Sega and Nintendo were both far, far superior to Sony when it came to game development... Sony threw money around to become successful... and now, Microsoft has stolen their playbook. Doesn't mean that it is good for the industry today or whether it was twenty-five years ago.

However, Sony isn't an innocent victim here.

I agree.

In 1997, Sony paid EIDOS for the exclusive rights to the sequel to Tomb Raider simply to keep it off the Sega Saturn. Outside of the anticompetitive clauses that Nintendo forced developers to sign previously, this was the first shot fired in the "pay to win" console war strategy.

Payback is a bitch.

...even if it takes 25 years.

I can't feel sorry for Sony. They introduced these tactics to the industry. Sega and Nintendo were both far, far superior to Sony when it came to game development... Sony threw money around to become successful... and now, Microsoft has stolen their playbook. Doesn't mean that it is good for the industry today or whether it was twenty-five years ago.

However, Sony isn't an innocent victim here.
This is what I'm trying to say! Thanks.

So in some unexpected turn of events, Microsoft and Activision now stated that they actually dont want to make
COD, Diablo (and whatever other big Activision Blizzard IPs there are) exclusive to Xbox and or PC.
They will still be available on PS consoles and they are interested in working with Nintendo too,
this applies even to upcoming games / IPs that dont have any exclusive agreement with PS or Nintendo
after this whole thing is owned by Microsoft.
They actually want to get it on all platforms.
So it seems like none of the well known Activision Blizzard IPs will be Xbox console exclusive.
I guess they are going to be Gamepass day 1 games on Xbox but full price on other consoles.

I wonder whether they figure they’ll make an overall net positive even if it doesn’t necessarily drive console sales. Of course on Switch multiplats have a tendency towards being on the cloud even when they really don’t need to be(KH collection being the worst offender) and I will never be interested in those.

That's some surprising news about Microsoft and Activision's plans for their games! It's interesting to hear that they're looking to keep titles like COD and Diablo available on multiple platforms, including PlayStation and potentially Nintendo. This move could make gaming more accessible to a wider audience, which is always a plus.
On a separate note, if you're looking for a Windows 11 key, you can check out this windows 11 pro retail key reseller. They offer Windows 11 Pro 32/64-bit keys that might come in handy for your system setup.

Last edited:
That's some surprising news about Microsoft and Activision's plans for their games! It's interesting to hear that they're looking to keep titles like COD and Diablo available on multiple platforms, including PlayStation and potentially Nintendo. This move could make gaming more accessible to a wider audience, which is always a plus.
I don't get it, sounds like another bad purchase for me. I understand that's what Microsoft would have to say in order to get the regulators to agree the sale, but surely this is a very time limited thing.

Back