My upcoming game inspired by "shenmue" and "yakuza".

Did you used the media icon or just directly copied the url? Sometimes I forget it too and hence no preview
@Kenzo38130

Awesome stuff! It gave me lots of vibes to Dobuita connecting with Wish Road.

Last edited:
View attachment 18937
Did you used the media icon or just directly copied the url? Sometimes I forget it too and hence no preview
@Kenzo38130

Awesome stuff! It gave me lots of vibes to Dobuita connecting with Wish Road.
Yeah, I did, but I forget that I need to paste the video link and not the post link :) , thanks a lot

I attempted to recreate the turtle race mini-game from Shenmue 3 😂. Each turtle's speed is randomized and can change at any moment. Sometimes, a turtle might even stop completely, and this too is random. Just like in Shenmue, the only difference is that I don't think I will implement QTEs for this; I want it to be luck-based. (work in progress)

Last edited:
I attempted to recreate the turtle race mini-game from Shenmue 3 😂. Each turtle's speed is randomized and can change at any moment. Sometimes, a turtle might even stop completely, and this too is random. Just like in Shenmue, the only difference is that I don't think I will implement QTEs for this; I want it to be luck-based. (work in progress)

Three words mate: bee-tle-fight

Yesterday, I developed a dialogue system modeled after visual novels, which I plan to use for shops that don't serve a major purpose. Every shop will be accessible in 3D, but those with just a single function will utilize the visual novel system. This is because the second city in the game is larger, with more shops, allowing for a variety of restaurants and numerous shops. For instance, in the pawn shop, Kaito will be able to sell items or purchase things like a game console, a television, etc.

"Everyday, without neglect, keep training" — I will begin my work on the dojo and the training system, which will enable Kaito to acquire new moves and combat skills. Additionally, extensive training may unlock additional side content.

Capture d’écran (1388).png

The integration of precise foot placement technology (foot ik) into Kaito enhances its ability to adapt to various terrains, such as ascending stairs or walking on sidewalks.
1700314414182.png

Your game looks far more advanced than my Shenmue game. Very impressive work, Kenzo.

I've been frustrated with trying to get npc's to follow paths without getting stuck in an endless loop of walking in place because of one little pebble directly in their path.. You seem to have yours working much better.

Your game looks far more advanced than my Shenmue game. Very impressive work, Kenzo.

I've been frustrated with trying to get npc's to follow paths without getting stuck in an endless loop of walking in place because of one little pebble directly in their path.. You seem to have yours working much better.
Thanks a lot, if you are using unity I can help you for the npc. Your game look really good too im looking forward to playing it. It seems like you dont use navmesh ? With navmesh the npc detect obstacle and calculate new path every time so they don't get stuck. sorry for my bad english btw.

Last edited:
I learned of the navmesh after already using another program to make paths for several npcs. It would take too much time to go back and change it. I've found some ways to make it work for what I need. I don't need 30 npc's walking around. It's a blizzard outside, so most people are indoors. Right now, I'm trying to focus on more important things.

I learned of the navmesh after already using another program to make paths for several npcs. It would take too much time to go back and change it. I've found some ways to make it work for what I need. I don't need 30 npc's walking around. It's a blizzard outside, so most people are indoors. Right now, I'm trying to focus on more important things.
Fair enough. If you need help with anything in the future lmk i'll gladly help.

"Everyday, without neglect, keep training" — I will begin my work on the dojo and the training system, which will enable Kaito to acquire new moves and combat skills. Additionally, extensive training may unlock additional side content.

View attachment 19024
Bruce lee nod in the background? 🤗

Dear Kenzo! I will cross my fingers and hope that you don't just stop at Hood Story. I can already see a very promising future in the gaming industry for you! Better get a fine bottle of champagne ready when the game hits Steam.

Dear Kenzo! I will cross my fingers and hope that you don't just stop at Hood Story. I can already see a very promising future in the gaming industry for you! Better get a fine bottle of champagne ready when the game hits Steam.
Thank you so much for your kind words and support, that's really help to keep me motivated.

Back