New Member Introductions

Fuck guys... getting me all emotional and shit. Its a like a 20 year reunion with even more people invited, this place and Shenmue has come such a long way.
Welcome back, it's been a while. Still have the Silvia?

The Silvia has been gone since 2010 sadly :( I had a 2002 WRX for a while but it got totaled and I now how an 2008 Impreza which has been the best car I have ever owned. I had to get away from my car being a toy, maybe one day I will again have something like that, but I am happy with my reliable daily driver now.

Hi, guess I'm late to the party. Finally here from the old Dojo forum, just in time for Shenmue 1 & 2 HD.

What can I say, I've been a Sega fan my whole life. Some of my earliest memories are of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sega. To this day I still avidly collect both new Sega games and retro Sega hardware; I even have a 32X.

Seeing the return of Shenmue these past few years has been a real privilege. I can't wait to talk about Shenmue 3 on this forum when the game is finally released

Hello everyone. I'm late to this topic but anyway...
I'm the guy who had high expectations on the shenmue documentary back on the old forum!

Hi, guess I'm late to the party. Finally here from the old Dojo forum, just in time for Shenmue 1 & 2 HD.

What can I say, I've been a Sega fan my whole life. Some of my earliest memories are of Sonic the Hedgehog and Sega. To this day I still avidly collect both new Sega games and retro Sega hardware; I even have a 32X.

Seeing the return of Shenmue these past few years has been a real privilege. I can't wait to talk about Shenmue 3 on this forum when the game is finally released

Welcome! Good to see you finally made it.

Hi all
I'm Sean and decided to finally join the forums.

Hi Sean, happy to have new members here. Welcome to the Dojo.

Hello everyone. I'm late to this topic but anyway...
I'm the guy who had high expectations on the shenmue documentary back on the old forum!

Yeah, remember the avatar on the old place, welcome aboard!

Hi, my name is Gary from the UK.

I mainly lurked for who knows how long (a couple of years) on the forums for news related to Shenmue III, but I decided to join as I do like to post on forums on matters that fit my interests :p (which happens to be part of my job elsewhere)

For my history, I heard about Shenmue back when it first came out on the Dreamcast when we rented it (when that was a thing), of course I do have plans on picking up 1 & 2 at some point when they come out on PS4, and I already have a copy of 3 which I backed on KS.

Hey all,

Been a Shenmue fan since release and lurked for years. Got bored today and made an account.

So, hello I suppose. :giggle:

Hey all; been a lurker here for longer than I can remember. We're getting close to the 21st, which seems to be a huge day; feel like I should finally be active around here. Can't wait to see just what we can do with the PC port >=D

Did anyone here ever chat in the IRC #dreamcast channel on DALnet? I always wonder where some of those people went... I spent many hours in there.

Hi all,

I've been a 15 year lurker of this website, but only just joined today because I wanted to look at the attachments I often see on posts haha! I've been a Shenmue fan since the beginning and while I am not the most technical of fans, I just appreciate it for what it is.

My tastes are all over the place, but I just think that makes life more interesting haha. It's actually the first time i've joined a forum in years. I've enjoyed reading all these interesting posts and it's a wonderful time to be a Shenmue fan.

I hope to stick around and contribute as best as I can :)

Didn't know veterans of the old board were partaking, thus I will too ;)

Truck is the name (well, nickname: real name is Christian); got it from my aggressiveness and size (at the time) in sports (within 2 minutes of my first rugby match, I sent an {unconscious} kid to the hospital with a perfectly legal hit; nobody doubted my nickname after that! lol). Used it for everything at the time, including gamertag and it has stuck ever since!

Massive 'mue fan from Toronto, I have Ryo over the Phoenix Mirror, tattooed on my leg (among other Sega things). I posted it on the old board.

I also talk way too much, so sorry if I'm writing an essay above.

Love the new boards and site! So amazing! :D

The Silvia has been gone since 2010 sadly :( I had a 2002 WRX for a while but it got totaled and I now how an 2008 Impreza which has been the best car I have ever owned. I had to get away from my car being a toy, maybe one day I will again have something like that, but I am happy with my reliable daily driver now.

My fiancée's first car (still has it) is an '08 Impreza and it is a super fun car; holds up well too.

I have an '06 Outback that I just got; used to have an '01.

Truck is the name ... got it from my aggressiveness and size (at the time) in sports (within 2 minutes of my first rugby match, I sent an {unconscious} kid to the hospital with a perfectly legal hit; nobody doubted my nickname after that! lol).
I thought that the name just referred to a truck. This little background story clarified things a bit.
Nice avatar by the way. I recognized it immediately but he was eating a hamburger in the version that I originally played.

Back