New Shenmue III Website (Japanese) [NEW VIDEO INTERVIEW]

The newly opened Japanese official website reveals all the main characters we will see in the game (including the shrine maiden):

Also from the website we now know the shrine maiden's name is ShiLing (first name) Lin (surname) , who's based in the "Liujiaotang" shrine in Niaowu:

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 08.12.15.png

Also interestingly it states that the shrine (perhaps?) was attacked by a group or person called the Scarlet Snake, whether that's the name or group of that muscle guy remains to be seen.

Finally there's something mentioned about her lineage and marriage, although I can only read the Kanji words.

Last edited:
Is the girl in red Niao Sun ?
She looks more womanly than the old DC stuff (not really a fan), but I imagined her more busty/revealing outfit.
The art concept looks totally different.

Last edited:
Been reading Niao Sun's bio

11EDF3E0-FBE8-4E82-BA3B-987607DFAC90.jpeg

闇の組織「蛍尤門」の幹部’の一人。目を奪われるようなその美貌とはうらはらに、すぐれた拳法の使い手である。しかし、最も得意とするのは陰謀や計略など、その狡猾な頭脳を活かした汚い手を使うことらしい。

「鳥隼」とはあくまで組織内部での呼び名であり、四神獣の一つ「朱雀」を指すが、その本名や生い立ち、なぜ蛍尤門に加わったのかなど詳しいことは何ひとつわかっていない。

Main take aways:

-- One of the executives of the Chi You Men (obviously; we all knew that)
-- A fascinating user of Kenpo.
-- Beyond her beauty lies her cunning wits. She is a master of deceivement and conspiracy. (we all knew that just by looking at her)
-- Her motivations for joining the Chi You Men are unclear.
-- Her real name and origins also remain unknown.
-- The name 「鳥隼」 is actually a reference to "Suzaku" (Vermilion Bird: a bird that is said to be a god who rules over the Southern Heavens)

d0c8a786c9177f3e8a4308277ecf3bc79f3d56a1.jpg

I'm reading the rest of bios now as well.

Last edited:
The newly opened Japanese official website reveals all the main characters we will see in the game (including the shrine maiden):

If these are the ONLY characters they're highlighting, then that Shrine Maiden must be someone major.

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 08.12.15.png

鳥舞の街の外れ、漓江に面た美しい古刹「六角堂」に奉仕する巫女。あるとき六角堂が「赤蛇」と名乗るゴロツキたちに襲われ、貴重な宋物を奪われて依頼、近づく不届き者には油断なく目を光らせている。

先祖代々、六角堂に仕えている家の一人娘で、両親は婿探しの真っ最中だが、本人はまだ若いこともあって気が乗らない。最近は鳥舞の街を出ようかとも思いに始めていて、漓江を行き交う船をぼんやりと眺めることも増えている。

Shrine Maiden -- (this is to the best of my reading ability as some of the Kanji was tough.)

-- A Beautiful Shrine Maiden who currently serves an ancient temple known as Rokkakudou facing the Li River.

-- At one time, the temple was robbed by a group of thugs who call themselves "Crimson Snake" (I think they were commissioned but I'm not entirely sure about the last part of the sentence...but to me, it sounds like "Crimson Snake" was commissioned by someone to rob the Temple of a precious treasure.)

EDIT: Could Crimson Snake be the group of thugs led by Mr Muscles?

-- She's the only daughter of the family serving the temple.

-- Her parents want her to marry (are looking for a suitable husband for her) and thus continue tradition but she desires to leave the temple as she watches the increasing number of boats cross the Li River.

Last edited:
Good job with the translation!

-- At one time, the temple was robbed by a group of thugs who call themselves "Crimson Snake" (I think they were commissioned but I'm not entirely sure about the last part of the sentence...but to me, it sounds like "Crimson Snake" was commissioned by someone to rob the Temple of a precious treasure.)
For the last part, perhaps something like: "ever since, she keeps a wary eye on people who approach". (Looks like the kanji for 以来 got accidentally changed to 依頼 :grinning:)

View attachment 4889

Shrine Maiden -- (this is to the best of my reading ability as some of the Kanji was tough.)

-- A Beautiful Shrine Maiden who currently serves an ancient temple known as Rokkakudou facing the Li River.

-- Her parents want her to marry (are looking for a suitable husband for her) and thus continue tradition but she desires to leave the temple as she watches the increasing number of boats cross the Li River.

Well there goes my theory, I totally thought Yu Suzuki was going to take her into another direction. How ever I was right about one thing, she "is" trouble, more trouble then should would have been, if she were tricked into trying to kill Ryo actually.

Ryo, stay faithful, this will be the toughest challenge you had to face yet lol.

I thought the Shrine Maiden design was just Yu Suzuki enacting a creative lic, but now It's clear he did that for a far more incidious reason. Yu Suzuki is trying to prey upon the weakness all men have, to ladies of perpetual light.

Yu Suzuki, is that how you want to play this, trying to get people to cheat on Shenhua? That's so cruel of you sigh.

Last edited:
Good job with the translation!

For the last part, perhaps something like: "ever since, she keeps a wary eye on people who approach". (Looks like the kanji for 以来 got accidentally changed to 依頼 :grinning:)

Cheers for that. Probably an error on my behalf when retyping/reading everything :)

makes sense now.

View attachment 4889

Ise Misaki is the voice actress for ShiLing: http://www.power-rise.jp/ise_misaki.html

Just pointing this out, that part should be typed out as Shi Ling then. It's the norm for Chinese names to be separated like this, when romanized like so, so it would be Lin Shi Ling.
Yeah, although I wonder what they'll do with her name in the game because Shenhua, Xiuying and Fangmei etc all had their characters joined together.

Yeah, although I wonder what they'll do with her name in the game because Shenhua, Xiuying and Fangmei etc all had their characters joined together.

Yea true, I would hope they would type them out properly, but they'll probally join them together.

We should consider our selves lucky, they have been getting the spelling right in English to beginwith, the Japanese are notorious for screwing up Chinese names after all.

Back