New Shenmue III Pre-Order Site + Xbox mentions in code & assets

L
HOLY SHIT! I am a goddamn motherfucking prophet!!!

This week I change my profile pic to a Xbox Shenmue 3 cover, gush about the need for more ports and then THIS happens.

I swear I am Nostradamus. From now on EVERYONE must heed this bitch's warnings.
Loving your shit mate! Really am!

To play devil's advocate, it's worth noting that the PS4, Xbox One and PC logos in the directory are all the same size, and there ain't room for all three of them in that layout. So it's possible that this is a standard template and the Xbox logo will be replaced with the PC one before this section goes live.

Ah, I’m fairly confident you are right, considering the pictures of the cases are for PC and PS4. Why wouldn’t there be a picture of the Xbox case?

To play devil's advocate, it's worth noting that the PS4, Xbox One and PC logos in the directory are all the same size, and there ain't room for all three of them in that layout. So it's possible that this is a standard template and the Xbox logo will be replaced with the PC one before this section goes live.
I also thought of that.
If there is space for only one more logo, that has to be Steam.
The xbox thing can be only from the default DeepSilver games pre-order website.
Got to wait and see.

Made a thread about this the other day. I can just fucking feel it. Honestly, if this is true all we need is for MS to announce Shenmue 1 and 2 for gamepass on Sunday.

Wow. F1 Canadian GP followed up straight away by MS conference, Halo news and HOPEFULLY Shenny news. Can't wait for Sunday. What an evening in!

Just got a quick minute before i hop on stream to say i am going to join the devils advocate club.

Nothing is confirmed here. No one ever said an Xbox One version was out of the question, but we all know the game is currently PS4 and PC only. We know there must be some deal in place due to the E3 2015 announcement, but that would be timed, at best. We dont know how long for, maybe a month. Maybe 6 months. But i will appeal for calming it down a bit, i mean Shenmue III being on Microsofts E3 stage months before it's due for release, after being kickstarted on Sony's stage 4 years prior? I dont see it.

(Sorry. Dont mean to be a buzz killington, but things going from 10-1000 that quickly just dont happen in the gaming industry)

Ahhhhhh bollocks, that's probably it. There's no Xbox case on that page either...

Certain parts of the website aren't active or working properly currently, as Jibby showed us with the CE and Day One buttons. I wouldn't discount anything in the assets and code as being just a template or generic asset pack yet, because I would put money on there being updates throughout next week.

Yep, I wouldn't count this as any sort of confirmation. But who really knows? I wouldn't write it off completely.

It's odd that they'd comment the code instead of just flat out deleting it. And why even bother with a 'select system' area just for one option? Also the other bits of commented code are used to hide things we already know are happening such as a Collectors and Day 1 Edition.

Do I realistically think this shows that the game is coming to Xbone...? I admit it's a bit of a stretch, but crazier things have happened with this franchise.

Back