New Shenmue III Pre-Order Site + Xbox mentions in code & assets

So feeling more relaxed now. If shenmue 3 will be on XboxOne not only will that equal more sales but it also means people like me will buy another copy for collection purposes and I don't even own a xboxone. Maybe Microsoft might announce financial support for shenmue 4 or am I dreaming?

I wouldn't jump the gun and say microsoft is already giving finances to Shenmue 4 lmao

lets wait and see, there is still no proof that it will come to Xbox.
Xbox release was never mentioned, Suzuki explained why he chose the PS4,
its still possible that that website layout is using a standard template and the Xbox logo will be replaced with the PC one,
and the Microsoft E3 conference is already filled with new Xbox console details, Halo, Gears of War, Horizon,
Age of Empires, Battletoads, 14 new first party games from studios that Microsoft bought
and they probably have Cyberpunk 2077 too. Microsoft Studios has also at leat 3 brand new games.
they are packed. it could totally happen but right now i'm not convinced.

I don't think any of the first party platform holders will put big bucks into Shenmue. Like... ever.

But that's nothing to be concerned about. As long as Shenmue III does okay I think they can count on the support of Shibuya Productions and Deep Silver again at least.

Why don't they have Canada on the site? :(
I hope we get the physical pc release, as some countries are.

That was actually a point in favor of the speculation being correct. ? I was amending my earlier suggestion that the Xbox logo might be replaced in the code by the PC logo when PC pre-orders go live.

Though it still doesn't rule out the possibility that it's only an irrelevant leftover from a standard template.

Xbox version isn't happening:

Following the revelation of Xbox named in the new Shenmue 3 website code, Deep Silver have confirmed that there is NO Xbox version of Shenmue 3 planned.

Xbox version isn't happening:

Following the revelation of Xbox named in the new Shenmue 3 website code, Deep Silver have confirmed that there is NO Xbox version of Shenmue 3 planned.

Please use the No Xbox Version Planned thread for further discussion on that topic and we can keep this topic for the website.

Do you guys really think there will be a collector's edition available? Wouldn't it already be available for preorder along with the regular edition?

Do you guys really think there will be a collector's edition available? Wouldn't it already be available for preorder along with the regular edition?
I'd be surprised if they didn't have a collectors edition of some kind. They know how rabid Shenmue fans can be, and are probably pretty confident that a lot of them are going to double (triple, quadruple) dip after the kickstarter. Also we know that there is already a listing on Amazon.it for a collectors edition:

Maybe they are waiting to show it off at the end of a new trailer like other publishers do. Heres hoping we get new footage with a preorder announcement on the end ;)

Deep Silver announced the Kingdom Come Royale Edition in February 2019, the release is in June,
thats 4 months between the announcement and the release.
the CE version for Dead Island Riptide was announced in January 2013, the release of the full game was in April 2013.
thats 3 months between the announcement and the release.
the Spartan Edition of Metro Exodus was announced in November 2018, the release of the game was in February 2019.
thats 3 months again.
the CE Edition of Conan Exiles was announced in December 2017, the release of the full game was in May 2018.
thats 5 months.

Shenmue 3 is still 5 months away so it can totally happen.
by the way - Conan Exiles also had a Day One and a CE Edition. all of these games were published by Deep Silver.

Deep Silver announced the Kingdom Come Royale Edition in February 2019, the release is in June,
thats 4 months between the announcement and the release.
the CE version for Dead Island Riptide was announced in January 2013, the release of the full game was in April 2013.
thats 3 months between the announcement and the release.
the Spartan Edition of Metro Exodus was announced in November 2018, the release of the game was in February 2019.
thats 3 months again.
the CE Edition of Conan Exiles was announced in December 2017, the release of the full game was in May 2018.
thats 5 months.

Shenmue 3 is still 5 months away so it can totally happen.
by the way - Conan Exiles also had a Day One and a CE Edition. all of these games were published by Deep Silver.
I guess I will wait to preorder the game then.

Back