spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Following the revelation of Xbox named in the new Shenmue 3 website code, Deep Silver have confirmed that there is NO Xbox version of Shenmue 3 planned.

Last edited:
Oh fuck! Guess I'm not Nostradamus after all.

i believe Deep Silver are not really into pranks or "we had to lie" surprises,
most of their posts are pretty serious and if they have to say something they just say it and thats it.

so pretty sure there will be no Shenmue content at the Microsoft E3 conference.

Perplexed at how some fans on Twitter seem to be almost delighted about this news ('Yay! Shenmue isn't coming to your dudebro console. Stop crying and go buy a PS4').

Yes, because learning that a niche series launching in a busy November will indeed receive less ports and thus rule out some potential added sales critical to Shenmue 4's chances is delightful news apparently. :rolleyes:

Perplexed at how some fans on Twitter seem to be almost delighted about this news ('Yay! Shenmue isn't coming to your dudebro console. Stop crying and go buy a PS4').

Yes, because learning that a niche series launching in a busy November will indeed receive less ports and thus rule out some potential added sales critical to Shenmue 4's chances is delightful news apparently. :rolleyes:
That's the difference between us Shenmue fans and general gamers. We in it for Shenmue. Not what console it's on. My personal preference is for it to be on Xbox, 1. to increase sales, 2. because its the console I use most and closest to my heart. 3. I have an Xbox One X and would rather play it on that.

But I have a PS4 (standard console). Bought it shortly after the E3 2015 announcement. So I'm ready, regardless.

we just dont know the details. who knows what deals Sony, Deep Silver and Suzuki have. we dont.
but again, Deep Silver is a multi platform publisher, they normally dont have exclusive games.
so whatever the reason for no planned Xbox version is, there is a reason
and i doubt that has anything to do with "not worth it". all of Deep Silvers games that were released on console,
were released on a Microsoft and a Sony console. Shenmue 3 is treated differently and there is a reason for that.

and i mean a deal is a deal. if the PS4 exclusivity is part of the deal then thats how it is.
all members of that deal agreed to that. nothing is gonna change that now.

Boo! There goes any valid excuse for the delay (okay, that's a bit harsh. If they need more time, they need more time, but August really was a better month and not just because it's sooner).

I thought the html comment thing seemed too bad to be true...

Back to my initial theory that an Xbox version will come 6-12 months later...maybe.

Maybe some Walmart will have Xbox copies anyway ...

Confirmed.

CBg-Lj-BDWo-AAIEMj.jpg

So @deepsilver is saying that Shenmue 3 is not coming to Xbox, but the button prompts for this QTE game are clearly for an Xbox controller. Look at the helmets of the guys on the right hand side. They’re mapped to an Xbox controller.

Back