No Xbox version planned. Deep Silver Twitter Statement

So @deepsilver is saying that Shenmue 3 is not coming to Xbox, but the button prompts for this QTE game are clearly for an Xbox controller. Look at the helmets of the guys on the right hand side. They’re mapped to an Xbox controller.

View attachment 2960View attachment 2960
I see what you mean, but the game is being developed on PC for PC and PS4. PC players who use pads use Xbox controllers so it would only make sense that it mirrors those buttons (all PC ports & games do this - it's pretty rare for them to actually have the love and care for them to switch for players that use dual shock 4s).

The Xbox Controller can be used on the PC. So of Course the pc Version will assist usinig this type of Controller.

A xbox Version is not out of the Question completely but do not think it will come that fast.

Deep Silver has no reason to lie About it. At the moment there is no xbox Version planned.

Makes sense, and I was pretty skeptical but I thought if it were true it could give more insight into the delay.

So @deepsilver is saying that Shenmue 3 is not coming to Xbox, but the button prompts for this QTE game are clearly for an Xbox controller. Look at the helmets of the guys on the right hand side. They’re mapped to an Xbox controller.

View attachment 2960View attachment 2960

That's because the game releases on PC. PC games use Xinput. Xinput is the Microsoft API for game controllers which templates is Xbox One controller. Basically, there's a lot of non Xbox games with Xbox prompts because of that.

I think everyone is holding onto too much hope that it will be on Xbox right away and this is the "big secret" behind the delay.

I really do not believe so. Sony obviously has something behind it, as evidenced by the trailer on the kiosk. Its going to be a timed exclusive--probably not for very long. I give it 6 months or a year at MAX.

Hellblade came over eventually; on the flip side, so did one of the Tomb Raider games to PS4(Rise?).

With the rise of Crossplay and systems becoming more about the experience, the days of total exclusives outside of first-party offerings is pretty much over. There are now numerous examples of this trend(Xbox Game Pass on PC, Microsoft having an Understanding agreement with Sony on Cloud stuff)

Extra game content or early DLC access is a bit up in the air, but even Bungie ended their exclusive PS4 content deal yesterday.

Btw, here are screenshots from Reboot 2019 wit Xbox UI:
60-Reboot_2019_Guide_for_Exchange_Cycle.jpg

50-Reboot_2019_Prize_Exchange_Menu.jpg

Can see ABXY buttons. But that's because the game is on PC.

Suppose people who don't play much on PC wouldn't get it, but Xbox pads are used so often I figured it would be common knowledge even through cultural osmosis.

Btw, do you happen to know where the Steam assets were on the shenmue 3 preorder website ?

its a bit funny when i'm looking for german news about Shenmue 3 on google from the past 24 hours
and there are like 10+ articles (some of them were posted 1-3 hours ago) like
website A: "Shenmue 3 is coming to Xbox!", website B: "Shenmue 3 is not coming to Xbox!",
website C: "is Shenmue 3 coming to Xbox?", website D: "New leaked Shenmue 3 Xbox trailer!".

i love how long it takes the press to get up to date.

Companies lie all the time. They have NDA's and stuff to commit to.

Might be the case yes but why should they lie in that case? Deep Silver has no reason to lie. Shenmue is not your typical AAA title everbody wants to play . It is a niche title not interesting for the typical Xbox Player. What would they gain to hide it is coming for the Box. Not like many People would care.

all of the other Deep Silver console games are available on a Microsoft console
and it seems like they just cant publish more details about S3 on Xbox
so this has to be some sort of exclusive deal. why would they release every other game on a Microsoft console
but not Shenmue 3. this can only be a request from Sony or Suzuki to Deep Silver.

This Panda dude is funny. I mean Shenmue 3 was planned as PS4 and PC only title the whole time. Why do some People think that a xbox Version will appear suddenly out of nowhere. Does not make any sense. If a Xbox version was planned they would have told it in the first place.

I still believe a box Version is not out of the question but not now.

Back