No Xbox version planned. Deep Silver Twitter Statement

Might be the case yes but why should they lie in that case? Deep Silver has no reason to lie. Shenmue is not your typical AAA title everbody wants to play . It is a niche title not interesting for the typical Xbox Player. What would they gain to hide it is coming for the Box. Not like many People would care.

What are they going to do? Just announce an Xbox version is in the works because of prodding? Business doesn't work like that. This doesn't confirm that they're working on an xbox version of course and they could very well be telling the truth that an Xbox version isn't planned but game companies do not do this. I remember SE saying an FFVII remake was in the cards the very day they ended up announcing FFVII remake. Companies do this.

Ouch - Thats pretty disheartening for Xboxers... why even botehr pushing the HD Ports on the Xbox One. I usually take pride in having PS4 exclusives but I really wanted this title to have access to as much broad appeal as possible - The Xbox One being the next port of call.

View attachment 2963

all of the other Deep Silver console games are available on a Microsoft console
and it seems like they just cant publish more details about S3 on Xbox
so this has to be some sort of exclusive deal. why would they release every other game on a Microsoft console
but not Shenmue 3. this can only be a request from Sony or Suzuki to Deep Silver.

Wow, look at the self-entitled crybaby in that twitter feed.

What are they going to do? Just announce an Xbox version is in the works because of prodding? Business doesn't work like that. This doesn't confirm that they're working on an xbox version of course and they could very well be telling the truth that an Xbox version isn't planned but game companies do not do this. I remember SE saying an FFVII remake was in the cards the very day they ended up announcing FFVII remake. Companies do this.

In these cases, companies usually just ignore the rumours and don't say anything...

Companies lie all the time. They have NDA's and stuff to commit to.

Oh God no! Please don't so this to me!

I simply cannot afford to get my hopes up once more.

DS were telling the truth. I mean, its just one big unfortunate coincidence right? There is no cover-up here. I will not over-analyse. I said I will not -

Too late!

Shenmue 3 on Xbox One confirmed!

Oh God no! Please don't so this to me!

I simply cannot afford to get my hopes up once more.

DS were telling the truth. I mean, its just one big unfortunate coincidence right? There is no cover-up here. I will not over-analyse. I said I will not -

View attachment 2964

Too late!

Shenmue 3 on Xbox One confirmed!
tin-foil-index.jpg

Ouch - Thats pretty disheartening for Xboxers... why even botehr pushing the HD Ports on the Xbox One. I usually take pride in having PS4 exclusives but I really wanted this title to have access to as much broad appeal as possible - The Xbox One being the next port of call.
These games were published by two different companies with different arrangements.

new video from Adam

his thoughts: he thinks that S3 is PS4 console exclusive because Sony can help with some of the marketing
and they can reach way more people than Deep Silver can because Deep Silver is way too small as a company
and worldwide ads / promotion is super complicated and expensive.

if Deep Silver would cancel this deal to release a Xbox One version, this would mean that the Xbox One
must generate enough money to compensate all this potential help from Sony
and the S 1+2 HD Re-Release didnt do well on Xbox one.

also a possibility: maybe Sony saw footage of the game and they were not really impressed or "scared away",
that would be pretty scary because
that would mean that Deep Silver has no other chance, they would have to release a Xbox One version to get that extra sales
just because Sony doesnt believe in this project anymore.

again we dont know any of the details. none of that has to be true.

Last edited:
I am just a bit confused why so many xbox fans think that is possible that a xbox Version is going to appear at of now where. If they were interested in the box Version they would have anounced it many years ago.

Blaming Deep Silver is wrong in so many way anyway. Deep Silver was not the orginal Publisher. They stepped in during the Project. So they had to stick to original contract.

Shenmue 3 is a japanese product at heart. And the japanese do not care About Xbox. Why should they put afford into a console that is meaningless in their market.

The suits at Xbox are also not very interested in Shenmue 3. if they were they had helped the Project years ago

But I am still saying a Xbox Version is not out of the Question. But not now. It won't appear out of nowhere all of a sudden before the original release. After the release there might a Chance. But not yet.

Last edited:
Phil Spencer did the fans dirty not DS. They gotta honor w/e sony contracts taken prior which is mostly likely interfering with an Xbox release atm. He should go scream @ Phil to buy out the contract or just wait till Yu is free from it.

Indeed...when Yu Suzuki-sama presented Shenmue III to Phil and Xbox, they said no...

new video from Adam

his thoughts: he thinks that S3 is PS4 console exclusive because Sony can help with some of the marketing
and they can reach way more people than Deep Silver can because Deep Silver is way too small as a company
and worldwide ads / promotion is super complicated and expensive.

if Deep Silver would cancel this deal to release a Xbox One version, this would mean that the Xbox One
must generate enough money to compensate all this potential help from Sony
and the S 1+2 HD Re-Release didnt do well on Xbox one.

also a possibility: maybe Sony saw footage of the game and they were not really impressed or "scared away",
that would be pretty scary because
that would mean that Deep Silver has no other chance, they would have to release a Xbox One version to get that extra sales
just because Sony doesnt believe in this project anymore.

again we dont know any of the details. none of that has to be true.
There's a scenario he misses, which is the whole Sony deal being overblown by fans. It's possible the E3 2015 reveal, typical 3rd party support (YT trailer uploads, dev feedback, spot on the PS store) and allowing them to offer a physical PS4 version, without technically having a publisher, was the extent of it.

I don't think there is an Xbox version (yet) anyway, but if there was, the whole "Sony thought it was shit" scare scenario makes me :rolleyes:

There's a scenario he misses, which is the whole Sony deal being overblown by fans. It's possible the E3 2015 reveal, typical 3rd party support (YT trailer uploads, dev feedback, spot on the PS store) and allowing them to offer a physical PS4 version, without technically having a publisher, was the extent of it.

I don't think there is an Xbox version (yet) anyway, but if there was, the whole "Sony thought it was shit" scare scenario makes me :rolleyes:

For the record, here's a few games Sony thought worthy of marketing even on their Youtube channel:

So yeah... Sony wasnt scared of anything. Put that theory to bed.

For the record, here's a few games Sony thought worthy of marketing even on their Youtube channel:

So yeah... Sony wasnt scared of anything. Put that theory to bed.

Those games look awesome. When can I get PS4 Pro support?

Yeah, not sure what Adam is playing at with this one. His analysis is usually pretty good but I don't think he thought this one through.

GhostTrick has already brought up examples of barely functional titles Sony still promoted, because ultimately this is about business agreements and not Sony acting as a quality filter. They don't give a fuck, and have only really gotten involved in curating content over anime titty games or whatever.

Does he think the same about the rumours FF7r may have had the timed exclusivity dropped? It's not entirely impossible that Sony as a marketing partner can be bought out - because these games have yet to release, so the marketing spend already is probably modest enough to easily cover with an Xbox One version. I don't think that's what's happening, but it's more plausible than "Sony went 'ew' at the game".

Deep Silver's straight up denial about an Xbox One version should really be enough to say it isn't coming (for now at least), without getting into a flawed theory about game quality to show why an Xbox One version means something scary.

Yeah, Adam is great, but his last two Shenmue videos have been a bit odd perspective. Then again, he literally took a phone video.

Back