Patch 7 for PC - Release Notes

Turns out I wasn't using the latest patch, since you have to opt-out of the beta channel. I checked again and maybe it is indeed lower, idk anymore, but I noticed it sounds louder when it begins again for a second time (?)
Thanks for checking. Can you try it with headphones? I only play with headphones, and I have the volume around 80% while in game to get a solid volume level. Then when opening the notebook the music level is significantly higher to the point that I immediately feel the need to take off the headphones; or at least loud enough to feel that I want to close the notebook quickly.

just checked myself, and it is indeed lower, now my ears don't explode when I hear it :p

Edit: AltGr is right, it does go back to being louder once it starts the second time. sigh

Last edited:
just checked myself, and it is indeed lower, now my ears don't explode when I hear it :p

Edit: AltGr is right, it does go back to being louder once it starts the second time. sigh
Wow, thanks for checking! If such is the case, that means Sega forwarded my request to d3t, they fixed it and posted the patch all within the course of about 24 hours of me sending the report. It is either beyond amazing customer service, or a coincidence. Just started Shenmue 2 so I’ll wait for the fix to hit PS4 before I continue playing.

Has anyone else noticed that the music during the Shenhua "prophecy" intro is also too loud, to the point that it's a bit difficult to hear what she's saying? It seems kind of similar to the notebook music issue. Aren't they both just pre-recorded audio tracks, as opposed to MIDI files like most of the music in the game?

I'm playing on PS4, by the way.

Anyone on the PC arena that can confirm if they are still tinkering in the dev room, or whatever it is called?

Really hope we can get the last little bit of things that are troublesome resolved(collision detection, music improvement, small bugs) in one or two more patches.

The development branch was last updated 18 days ago, in all honesty I think this is it. Of course, I would be more than glad to be proven wrong.

Keep reporting bugs etc to Sega. You never know

I've been sending all the issues i can to Sega. Still, 18 days and no sign of life in the dev branch is not looking good. I expected at least one last big patch to address the hitbox issues at least among other minor stuff.

Was the issue with the sky scrolling too fast ever fixed?

I've been sending all the issues i can to Sega. Still, 18 days and no sign of life in the dev branch is not looking good. I expected at least one last big patch to address the hitbox issues at least among other minor stuff.

Was the issue with the sky scrolling too fast ever fixed?

I imagine they've spent most of the past month working on the PS4 version for the Japanese release.

An interesting note is that the JP version and PAL version numbers for PS4 are slighty different.
PAL is now V1.04 on PS4 but in Japan it is V1.01. The disc version 1.00 is the same as our V1.03. So they will have to release 2 different versions of the same patch going forward. Whether this means they've stopped wokring on the project I've no idea. However they will have been focussing on the PS4 version and given it's the only version around in Japan it's not a shock the Steam version hasn't been worked on. That might be what they do going forward in the short term.

Now that the game has been released in Japan, the fans in Japan are going to be constantly picking the game apart; maybe even moreso than the western fans. To think that they simply won’t fix anything else from here on out, to me, is inconceivable.

For what it's worth, something is being updated on the Steam version according to SteamDB. It isn't the dev branch, but there's activity we can't really track going on in some capacity.

It's too early to tell what happens next. D3T have been patching this game since August in a largely reactionary way, they may be taking a breather to assess and plan where they go from here, or SEGA may have indeed pulled the plug on future support.

I don't believe the latter would happen so soon after the Japanese release, especially given reports of good sales online and on the ground at places like Yodobashi Camera; so it may just be a case of taking a little break before continuing patching out the remaining issues.

To think that they simply won’t fix anything else from here on out, to me, is inconceivable.
For real? Is this confirmed? They're done with updates? That's insanity, Ryo still doesn't even have footsteps on concrete!

...no, footstpes on concrete!? How will i ever enjoy the beautifully scored game when I CAN'T HEAR RYO'S FEET.

Agree with Spud, Spaghetti and Lishao; presumably taking a break while Sega Japan translates the bug reports they're getting--or maybe they're passing them on directly and D3T are just delayed again from using google, haha.

Fix the hitboxes for grapple strike combos then they're pretty much good. Maybe the dialogue clicks, although I've never noticed. Some tiny tonal issues on some songs, sure, but theyre not egregious any longer like they were until 1.02, nor have I noticed those, either.

Shenmue I on PS4 still has a whole host of audio issues that need to be fixed. I really don't understand how the audio in that version of Shenmue I still isn't even on par with the PC and Xbox One versions at launch, especially since the Japanese release has come and gone already.

All I know is that support better not be over. If this is the state that the PS4 version is left in, then not only will it not be the "definitive version" of the game but I will consider it to be an extremely poor version which I don't recommend to anyone. The hitbox issue which affects all platforms is also quite important and it will definitely be a shame if they don't fix it.

Shenmue II is in a much better state at this point now that they've greatly improved the music. There are still some minor issues and it would be nice to see them ironed out but I wouldn't be nearly as surprised if they were done supporting that game.

For real? Is this confirmed? They're done with updates? That's insanity, Ryo still doesn't even have footsteps on concrete!

They work on snow so it's fine ;).

Nothing confirmed either way. I'd be shocked if they didn't continue work on them but would appreciate an update as to what's what.

They work on snow so it's fine ;).

Nothing confirmed either way. I'd be shocked if they didn't continue work on them but would appreciate an update as to what's what.
Agree'd. Leaving us in the dark during such dark times would be a horrible idea...

...no, footstpes on concrete!? How will i ever enjoy the beautifully scored game when I CAN'T HEAR RYO'S FEET.
Exactly... It's a staple sound. The sound of Ryo's feet hitting concrete is something you constantly hear in the real version of this game. It's like playing pokemon without the "ding" every time you hit A, or playing a racing game without hearing the engine of the car you drive. It's also very jarring running on grass/snow and then hearing nothing on concrete. It makes me feel like I'm playing some bootleg emulated version of the game or something and not an official SEGA product. Also lol at "beautifully scored" with all the music glitches... but at least most of those are less noticeable...

These ports have become heartbreaking to me...

I just want them to fix the crashes so it's actually possible to play through the games in one sitting.

Back