Patch 7 for PC - Release Notes

Was curious about the • Further improvements to Shenmue 1 audio playback. So i decided to load up my motorcycle highway save since the music there still sounds very inaccurate and the sound still sounds off on patch 6. What did they improve exactly i wonder. Hope this is addressed at some point.

Good news though, now Japanese grunts and the crowd play correctly when Japanese is selected and no longer that hybrid mess that was patch 5. This includes Shenmue 1 as well. You still hear the Japanese grunts in S1 when set in English in the Disc 1 portion. This was a legacy problem also on dreamcast, would be surprised if this was fixed but it isn't.

Last edited:
Looks like we'll get at least one more patch on PC, seeing as the QA build is still being updated: https://steamdb.info/app/758330/history/

I guess the outstanding issues are music for motorcycle scene, being able throw enemies into each other, and music in Shenmue II?

Looks like we'll get at least one more patch on PC, seeing as the QA build is still being updated: https://steamdb.info/app/758330/history/

I guess the outstanding issues are music for motorcycle scene, being able throw enemies into each other, and music in Shenmue II?

That would make sense and once that lands a console patch should hit soon after. I am jealous of all you PC users!

I am going to go out on a limb and say there will be 2 more patches. One coming before launch, one that comes shortly after or on launch day to tidy up any oversights they missed or make an improvement or two.

I'm getting desperate for these improvements on console. We are still on 1.02, I believe. We are missing 4 patches worth of improvements. I hope to see it soon, but I think they are looking to save costs and do one massive update prior to JP launch.

The only issues that i feel still need to be addressed are
Fixing the highway motorcycle to the harbor section music that sounds off.
Hitboxes in Shenmue I
70 man battle pop in (the dark shadowy fog that was in the original that hid the pop in needs to be implemented)
A couple of tracks in SII still need some slight tweaks as well like piano song on the cutscene on the Yan Tin Apartments with Xuying and Ryo picking up the photo once she leaves the room. Some notes still drag too long.

Once in a while i still notice an issue or two that hasn't been addressed i feel its minor enough that i can live with it (eg of this is i sometimes notice very small polygon flickering at parts in S2).

I think one more patch and then another after the JP release and we could see the games on a very good state.

For anyone that wants to know, here's a rip of the Highway track from the latest P6 version. The specific part that sounds off is the electric guitar at certain points does not seem to be hitting the right notes.
It sounds to me like the all of the pitch bends are missing. The note itself is there, but it doesn't change. Sounds pretty good otherwise.

The only issues that i feel still need to be addressed are
Fixing the highway motorcycle to the harbor section music that sounds off.
Hitboxes in Shenmue I
70 man battle pop in (the dark shadowy fog that was in the original that hid the pop in needs to be implemented)
A couple of tracks in SII still need some slight tweaks as well like piano song on the cutscene on the Yan Tin Apartments with Xuying and Ryo picking up the photo once she leaves the room. Some notes still drag too long.

Once in a while i still notice an issue or two that hasn't been addressed i feel its minor enough that i can live with it (eg of this is i sometimes notice very small polygon flickering at parts in S2).

I think one more patch and then another after the JP release and we could see the games on a very good state.
I think the fangmei last goodbye scene not triggering is also should be fixed

People, I hope you guys are directly reminding Sega via email to have these issues fixed. That is what I did with the blacks issue months ago. By the way, has anyone tested darts in Shenmue II since the game seems off as in the target being harder to hit than usual, but it could be me? I ask since the game isn't installed right now on my PC to test it.

golly it would be nice if the console versions weren't treated like garbage. How long has it been now since the PS4 got a fucking patch, and the PC is on number 6?

Crashed 3 times today while playing Shenmue 2 on PS4

How long has it been now since the PS4 got a fucking patch, and the PC is on number 6?
Last console patch was on September 17th. It is pity because more console patches would encourage people to play the game again, test it more and report remaining issues I would say.

??
It's not fixed.
From what I can tell from watching footage on YouTube, the PS4 version is the only one that ever actually had a problem with that track (I'm not 100% sure because I only have the PS4 version myself). So while it still hasn't been fixed on PS4, it should be alright on Xbox One and PC. That's probably where the discrepancy lies.

It's ironic because the PS4 versions of these games (especially Shenmue I) are by far the worst, yet that's the only platform they're being released on in Japan. You would think it would be D3T's top priority but I guess not.

From what I can tell from watching footage on YouTube, the PS4 version is the only one that ever actually had a problem with that track (I'm not 100% sure because I only have the PS4 version myself). So while it still hasn't been fixed on PS4, it should be alright on Xbox One and PC. That's probably where the discrepancy lies.

It's ironic because the PS4 versions of these games (especially Shenmue I) are by far the worst, yet that's the only platform they're being released on in Japan. You would think it would be D3T's top priority but I guess not.

You're problably right. Since this track is in the soundtrack I had another memory of it.

Last edited:
Back