PC Performance

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Remember Me (PC)
Steam
amirmoosavi
One thing I've noticed is how much better performance is with the full game on my laptop than the trial version. On the trial I dropped graphics to High and resolution to 720p, but with the full game I can play at Very High with 1080p with pretty much smooth performance.

My specs:

i7-6700HQ
1060 6GB (Mobile version)
16GB RAM

That said, they should still add more refined graphical options for those who want to toggle specific graphical features for performance.

I noticed the same too.
I ran the trial at 2560x1440 in order to maintain 60fps, but on the final release, I'm running at full 4k 60fps.
It's not surprising given that optimization is mostly done at the end of development.
It would be nice to have some higher settings, I'm sure there will be a few things we can change in the INI.

Max settings, 1440p constant 60fps with GTX 1070 and AMD FX8320. Quite happy by the performance considering the game's using UE4.

Drawbacks so far:
- micro-freeze when you're crossing from a zone to another (my game is running on SSD+16gb DDR3)
- environment clipping
- one hour before the day/night transition, the environments shadows pop out in an inelegant way

I've also seen some brutal scene transitions when talking with Shenhua.

Max settings, 1440p constant 60fps with GTX 1070 and AMD FX8320. Quite happy by the performance considering the game's using UE4.

Drawbacks so far:
- micro-freeze when you're crossing from a zone to another (my game is running on SSD+16gb DDR3)
- environment clipping
- one hour before the day/night transition, the environments shadows pop out in an inelegant way

I noticed all those things as well (I also installed the game on an internal SSD). The scene transitions in general are really weird in this game. Why so many fade to blacks? Shenmue II had awesome scene transitions.

I'm happy with the performance overall, playing a Shenmue game in 60fps is a weird but pleasant thing to experience. There are a few hiccups which have been posted above, but those problems are minor and nothing that would frustrate me too much. The only real issue I have is the motion blur. I don't understand why so many games have this as a default setting, it should always be off. It's not so bad in a 30fps game, but when the game is running at 60fps, it is horrible to look at.

Drawbacks so far:
- environment clipping

Yeah they don't seem to be hardware related. I'm running on SSD with 16Gb DDR4 RAM and the delays/transitions are still present and seems intentional.

The very start of the game was very odd for fadeouts between sentences.

I'm at 4k/60 with Rtx2018ti and consistant 60fps. Vertical sync is a must though.

Yeah I played with VSync off on the trial version and it was pretty bad. Thankfully it doesn't affect my performance with the full game.

I haven't actually checked, but can anyone confirm whether this game is able to go above 60fps? (ie. 144 or 165).

There was a way to increase the drawing distance in the demo, is it still working?

How do you do it? Are there any other changes you can make? I would like to turn motion blur off.

When Phantom service allows new customers again I’m going to have to try and play it on PC. On PS4 Pro I’m pretty sure it runs at an uncapped framerate and wasn’t nearly as smooth as demo.

I haven't actually checked, but can anyone confirm whether this game is able to go above 60fps? (ie. 144 or 165).

running 144hz on my gsync compatible monitor at 1440p

Back