Predictions for Kickstarter Update #100

Oregon Pacifist

Account Removed at Users Request
So, 100 Kickstarter updates is a big deal! What do you think will be in this update?

My predictions (could be way off of course):

1. New "mini-games" trailer, showing Lucky Hit, QTE Arcade, capsule toys, and more.

2. New screenshots

3. Demo release date announcement.

I hope I'm right... what are your predictions? The game comes out in 4 months!!!

Hey, just a quick note to say that I've retitled the thread to make the preview on the main page more representative :)

Part of me really wants to avoid putting any importance on Update #100 as being anything particularly special, because I'm not totally sure whoever handles the Kickstarter updates would ever really take that stuff into account as being important, and at this point the KS updates are only really reactionary to whatever is happening with promotion of the game elsewhere (G-Fusion Tour, MAGIC, Famitsu, Reboot Develop Blue) than setting the news agenda themselves.

Then again, that last point does play in favour of something meaty for #100, by sheer coincidence rather than planning. Fluff/administration-based updates are over (outside maybe a final call for survey address amendments when the game starts shipping), so most of the way ahead on Kickstarter will be meaningful news in one way or another. Demo, new trailer, new screens, a look at the final physical rewards, and the long-anticipated "now shipping" notice.

I think we're on our way to something cool, but I'm not going to put special importance on #100, personally.

Still hoping there's going to be a gameplay-specific trailer at some point that really illustrates the open world, the variety of mini-games etc. Something to say: yes, Shenmue III exists and there's lots of stuff to do. That, or they'll just release a preview build and let the press show these things in video. It'll just be the backer demo, I bet.

Then the launch trailer can focus on the typical launch trailer stuff: epic story, gorgeous environments and combat.

I'd prefer two trailers instead of one, but Deep Silver's YouTube doesn't give the impression they usually produce multiple trailers for games, unless there's DLC or something.

I'm with Spaghetti here-- a normal claim to make, that phrase...

Though they could capitalize on the timing to share some extra goodies, I still think the timing of 100 is more so dictated by delays. That's not a bad thing; I just doubt (vs. deny the possibility) that it will mark something special. I could see some more screenshots, further building up hype for a much desired second trailer, as orient notes. At best an afterthought of goodies, at worst just another number.

Personally, I'd like to see Yu Suzuki and YS Net doing the hokey pokey.

In all seriousness, I'm not expecting anything major to be shown until around E3 time. I expect the usual: 2-3 screenshots and/or minor news.

Hopefully a demo release date would be announced. I assume the demo will be backer only for a limited time and then after it will go up on steam for everyone to try out.

Thanks to the capabilities of eighth generation consoles, the Four Wude has jumped up to the Hundred Wude.

Twenty eight of the game's thirty hours are dedicated to learning them; the rest is a Mortal Kombat ladder with Lan Di at the very top.

Thanks to the capabilities of eighth generation consoles, the Four Wude has jumped up to the Hundred Wude.

Twenty eight of the game's thirty hours are dedicated to learning them; the rest is a Mortal Kombat ladder with Lan Di at the very top.
We can only hope Yu's vision for S3 is as great as yours, tbh.

I THINK it will be a hint about an upcoming announcement or showcase where there will be actual gameplay. I WISH it would be actual gameplay.

Back