Predictions for Kickstarter Update #100

I THINK it will be a hint about an upcoming announcement or showcase where there will be actual gameplay. I WISH it would be actual gameplay.
That would unfortunately make a lot of sense, yeah. As already stated they're too close to E3 at this point to really let loose.

They usually issue an update to say they will/will not be at [insert upcoming event], so they might do that for E3 and share a new screenshot, some details or possibly even a very short teaser.

Or they might want to keep it all a surprise, but that seems kinda pointless since the cat is out the bag and people will expect Shenmue 3 to be there since the game will be just over two months away from release.

I want to be overwhelmed, but I think I'll be underwhelmed. I love Shenmue btw, I always have and always will, but we've seen 99 of them already and have any of them made you go 'Oooooooo!' ?

Update #100 - Kidding!

For our 100th update we proudly announce we were 100% Kidding!

There never was a Shenmue 3.
Thank you to everyone playing along.
Btw, we've decided to release Shenmue Online with p2w mtx and lootboxes and time limits. You're welcome.

Last edited:
I want to be overwhelmed, but I think I'll be underwhelmed. I love Shenmue btw, I always have and always will, but we've seen 99 of them already and have any of them made you go 'Oooooooo!' ?
The Dev Room videos were like that for me. Dev Room vol. 2 especially.

But either way, the KS updates have taken a back seat as a method of communication since a publisher got involved; which was to be expected. We got our peek behind the curtain, which is the basic function of KS updates.

Back