Production credits?

On the 1.02 version, when you select "Credits" on the title screen you get two options (I don't remember the name exactly) :
- Credits
- Backer credits

If you select the backer credits you get to see every backers sorted by rewards from the highest to the lowest tier with options to Play/Pause/Fast Forward/Skip.
Also your name should be highlighted once you get your backer code (like in Bloodstained).

That is great news (that backer credits exist), otherwise it would have definitely led to another YouTube controversy.

Looks like Neilo wasn’t too involved after all. Did I miss Tak Hirai’s name? I noticed a surprising amount of non-Japanese names as well. I looked up some of the Western-sounding names and they appear to have worked on a bunch of Suda51 games...

Looked again and I see Tak Hirai in the acknowledgments section. I guess he wasn't lead programmer on this one...

Last edited:
Awesome I see my name!

Looks like Neilo wasn’t too involved after all. Did I miss Tak Hirai’s name? I noticed a surprising amount of non-Japanese names as well. I looked up some of the Western-sounding names and they appear to have worked on a bunch of Suda51 games...

Looked again and I see Tak Hirai in the acknowledgments section. I guess he wasn't lead programmer on this one...
They are probably some of the people that I saw in the recent "Making of" video.
I also wonder what the specific role was of Tak. Considering his skill level and experience, he would likely be useful to get rid of rough edges and to optimize things. His involvement was also brought up in this thread : https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...interview-regarding-shenmue-development.1605/

One thing I allways wondered is if Tak is in fact working on Shenmue 3. Never saw him anywhere other than his kickstarter promotional video back in 2015.
He is credited as creative director there, talking about a new battle system. Maybe his role became more about giving advice? And apparently Ryuji Iuchi also composed less than he originally thought. I seem to remember that from an interview a while ago.

Back