Favourite title
Shenmue
PSN
LazHimself
XBL
LazHimself
Steam
LazHimself
Has there been any confirmation/info on how the remasters will look/output in 4k? I currently have a 4k set up with my PS4 and I'm hoping this outputs properly rather than just stretching from 1080p. Playing PS3 games, even in 1080p, look pretty awful with a 4k display.

Of course I'll play regardless, just wondering as I watch that pre-load clock.

there is no other output than 1080p.
you can enable and disable HD rendering in the game but that just switches between a internal 480p and 1080p resolution.
(and even the 480p will still output a 1080p screen)

Unfortunately nothing planned as of yet on the console side. PC is undetermined, there might be an official/unofficial solution for it there.

This is a valid question that doesn't actually have anything to do with the game's settings. For those that are unaware the PS4 Pro upscales every game to a 4K resolution.

I haven't heard anything official about how the game looks on a 4K TV but I don't believe that you have any reason to worry, I'm confident in saying that the actual difference will be negligible between those playing on a regular PS4 and those playing on a Pro.

Reactions: Laz
I think if there is no pro support, boost mode will be supported which makes it more stable.
At least with games I have tested out pre pro release.

I think if there is no pro support, boost mode will be supported which makes it more stable.
At least with games I have tested out pre pro release.

Right, Boost mode technically works on all PS4 games that don't have an official Pro patch. The performance is sometimes degraded with it on, however.

This is a valid question that doesn't actually have anything to do with the game's settings. For those that are unaware the PS4 Pro upscales every game to a 4K resolution.

I haven't heard anything official about how the game looks on a 4K TV but I don't believe that you have any reason to worry, I'm confident in saying that the actual difference will be negligible between those playing on a regular PS4 and those playing on a Pro.

Thanks. This is more what I was asking.

I didn't expect a full 4k output, but rather just wondered how well it upscales on a PS4 Pro. Hopefully it'll look nice, but I'm happy regardless.

If anyone else is wondering I'll post my impressions after it releases tonight.

Right, Boost mode technically works on all PS4 games that don't have an official Pro patch. The performance is sometimes degraded with it on, however.

That's very true in some cases, yes. I'll try it out when it hits my mailbox, or maybe Digital Foundy will touch on it soon.

Hmm. I'd like to see 4k vs 1080p on ps4. Oh well, I'll see tonight I suppose.

In case anyone was wondering, the game looks gorgeous on a 4k display on PS4 Pro. I haven't played or compared to 1080p because it's too much of a hassle to move my stuff up and downstairs.

But yes, game looks great on a 4k. Not sure if boost mode is helping, might test more soon.

In case anyone was wondering, the game looks gorgeous on a 4k display on PS4 Pro. I haven't played or compared to 1080p because it's too much of a hassle to move my stuff up and downstairs.

But yes, game looks great on a 4k. Not sure if boost mode is helping, might test more soon.
I can now confirm this aswell, looks super crisp on my 4k tv too!

Back