Random Gaming Thoughts

i decided to forego SATA2 SSD for my PS3 and go with new 7200RPM simply because i do not use enough to: A] justify the SSD nor wear down the RPMs anyway and: 2] SATA SSD have a tendency to die without sufficient consistent power supply--so I also don't turn on nearly enough to even keep an SSD happy
Honestly it has been so long that ago I bought my SSD for this that I forgot what it even was :p Turns out to be a Kingston 480GB A400... It does mention 72000RPM too! i vaguely remmeber hearing that it isn't worth getting a high end SSD as the PS3 doesn't utilise it's power.
ps3setup.JPG
Got my box sat next to me as I go through each game - Great thing about the PS3 is you can highlight the game, press triangle and then go on an option for Check for Update - So I don't even have to boot the game. It's a long process barely got through a quater this evening which took 2-3 hours :p

i decided to forego SATA2 SSD for my PS3 and go with new 7200RPM simply because i do not use enough to: A] justify the SSD nor wear down the RPMs anyway and: 2] SATA SSD have a tendency to die without sufficient consistent power supply--so I also don't turn on nearly enough to even keep an SSD happy
I didn't know that. Learnt something new there!

I didn't know that. Learnt something new there!
As far as SATA SSD being susceptible to failure if not powered on consistently? Somewhat of a milage may vary/personal experience/paranoia but still not unheard of, haha.

As far as SATA SSD being susceptible to failure if not powered on consistently? Somewhat of a milage may vary/personal experience/paranoia but still not unheard of, haha.
Sounds like what happened to my Nintendo Switch. I hadn't turn it on for over two years and a month ago I wanted to play it and it wouldn't turn on. I charged it for over a day and still no power. I had heard that this has happened with alot of \switches

maybe? Once SATA3 were introduced and especially now with PCI-based SSD, the issue has mostly been eradicated AFAIK. Your switch sounds like a power issue, not drive--if i had to speculate

maybe? Once SATA3 were introduced and especially now with PCI-based SSD, the issue has mostly been eradicated AFAIK. Your switch sounds like a power issue, not drive--if i had to speculate
I just heard that if you don't turn on your switch every 6 months it starts dying.

some bomb rush cyberpunk reviews are coming out. metro gave it a 7/10 and FT gave it 4/5.

both reviews had some complaints - mainly the game is pretty much a copy of JSR, stuck in the 2000s and the gameplay was "shallow" but that doesn't bother me both JSR and JSRF had odd gameplay and they were fun.

were have to wait to see what the other game review websites say but it does not sound like this game is a total flop.

I beat it the other day and highly recommend.

62_-_bomb_rush_cyberfunk.jpeg

I don’t get those complaints at all…and I’d argue there’s value in taking ideas from JSR and evolving them because there aren’t a ton of games like them to begin with. There’s something to be said as well for a more pure experience than whatever a lot of these journalists expect from a “modern” experience.

For me, the only problem I had were two crashes and one cutscene not working properly. Considering how small the team that made it is, it’s unfortunate but understandable, hoping it may get patched, but otherwise it played extremely well and fluidly on Switch. Not sure whether any bugs will be same across all platforms or not.

@BloodyHeartland that is some awesome artwork!

I was also playing on switch and got two crashes before major story cutscenes… it was a little bothersome but as long as you go to the hideout after the crashes the cutscenes play normally. I was surprised by just how well it runs on switch, since I was a bit worried that it might become laggy. I have yet to finish it, but so far it has surpassed my expectations

Thank you amigo! I guess the most impact it’s had on me is inspiring more art haha.

About the performance, yeah I suppose in a way it is surprising. I think many devs just do not care to optimize their games for the system and so people think the system is somehow less powerful than even the WiiU or the gen prior. Case in point, Konami’s mgs collection apparently running through emulation of the HD port and being all the worse for it, and people blaming the Switch itself.

For that reason I really appreciate what the devs here thought was important. That and it feels like, with intentionally having the player characters lower poly, they could do a ton more with environmental details which really sold the urban aesthetic.

Well, you have the classic mode and the new with new graphics emulating more the cartoons, I probably will buy it the 19.

Yes!

Big Tomb Raider fan. Excited for this one.

I dreamt with Virtua Fighter 6 this evening nap and while it looked awesome the controls were too frustrating. Kept losing matches over and over due the absurd new controls. It made me awake very upset. I hope its just a regular dream and not a premonitory one.

Back