Random Gaming Thoughts

If there are any Space Harrier fans here that haven't already tried the Asura The Striker demo, you should get on that. UNBELIEVABLY good. The demo expires next Monday afaik.

I dreamt with Virtua Fighter 6 this evening nap and while it looked awesome the controls were too frustrating. Kept losing matches over and over due the absurd new controls. It made me awake very upset. I hope its just a regular dream and not a premonitory one.
This kind of reminds me of playing Shenmue 3 with Playstation controllers :LOL: the QTE's made me so pissed because my brain was trained for Xbox/Dreamcast controls.

Also, this song randomly started playing and I got a few Shenmue vibes...

I don't know anything about that game but the music is definitely a good way to pull me in.

i completed all the uncharted games on ps5. uncharted 1 was the only game i had not played before. they are all great games.

for me, uncharted 4 is almost the perfect game. it hold up really well.

i hope they have not finished with the uncharted series. i think they could easily create one more - like a father / daughter story.. like drake has to rescue his daughter who was trying to follow in his footsteps and find some sort of treasure but it all goes wrong(?).. a story which is the complete opposite of the last of us 2. lol

i'm going to start callisto protocol next. ive read that it's best played on easy(?).. we're see how it goes.

I'm upset! The Metal Gear Solid Master Collection is released tomrrow and reviews are out... they're not promising either!
1698085130328.jpeg
The problem boils down to the piss poor MGS1 port! I know I gave the Shenmue HD port on PS4XB1 grief for being in 4:3... and I still resent it! But thsi is even worse because the game isn't even upscaled. I would actually go further in saying it is worse than playing in on a 480P monitor because it is stretched to a HD-4K screen! It just looks nasty with rought jagged edges on every texture. I can't enjoy the game like this can will just have to emulate it.

What stings is that had this Master Collection never happened we may have got MGS1 as a PS Premium title - Which offer Fullscreen Stretch & Upscaling options! I would have loved this as the PS+ Premium games have all been great so far! Sadly, I can't see that happening as there is already this version of MGS1 available, so I can't see them making the effort.

I have no beef with MGS2 or MGS3, clearly they're just the PS3/360 HD Collection versions made by BluePoint but even that I can play on my backwards compatible Xbox One X which upscales them to 1080P (Or maybe even 4K?).

The thing is, there is plenty of effort put into the Extras - Digital Encyclopedias, Comics even the MSX/NES versions of MG1 & MG2. But all that is secondary to the core games which see no improvement from previous releases. I don't feel the need for tne endless amount of remakes we're getting these days, I'm happy with Updated ports that take the original experience but modernise it via widescreen/widestretching, resoultion and framerate upgrades - I see the point of a release like this to to preserve the original experience but make it accessible and the go-to version to play, this Master Collection does none of that,

Could it be a cheap trick to keep the IP?
@Vivi-gamer Konami... who saw you and who see you know.
Its simply jawdropping how many times game modders are beyond game companies with resolution, widescreen, framerate, texture patches...
Even Mario64 got raytracing thanks to a fan.

the reviews on the mgs collection vol.1 sound ok ( mainly look like 8/10 reviews) but for anyone who wants to buy the game on switch need to be aware that not all the games are on the cart.
mgs1,2,3 must be downloaded. ( 32gb space needed)

the mgs collection vol.1 and upcoming vol.2 sounds good.. but if you still have a ps3 with all the mgs games, there is not much point.. i mean it doesn't sound like they added anything new.. if they had added mgs twin snakes that would of been cool. - i'll buy it if it becomes cheap but im ok with my ps3 version for now.

Last edited:
anyone looking forward to alan wake 2? the reviews embargo ends tomorrow. fingers crossed it will be a 9/10 game 🤞

I really wanted MGS1 for Gamecube on the master collection vol.1. :( Already have all the other games in the old HD collections for PS3.

I honestly prefer Twin Snakes for the most part…not a 100% outright improvement in every way but I like the casting and most of the vocal performances more, like having more original tracks for different areas and boss fights, and I like being able to actually aim weapons.

I think they have the potential to make shenmue 4 look really good even if the budget increases by a little bit. Do you think the budget will increase or decrease from 3
I honestly think it will decrease and best case scenario be the same as Shenmue 3.

I honestly think it will decrease and best case scenario be the same as Shenmue 3.
I honestly think it will increase by a little, if that’s true that it will decrease how are they gonna fit way more story in 4 because 4 needs to have way more story than 3

I honestly think it will increase by a little, if that’s true that it will decrease how are they gonna fit way more story in 4 because 4 needs to have way more story than 3
Using the Shenmue 3 engine should cut cost drastically - leaving more for exactly that.

Back