Random Gaming Thoughts

Does anyone here like rockstar games? I think their definitely one of the best developers if not the best
I really liked Rockstar during the PS2 days. Midnight Club, Max Payne, GTA, Smuggler's Run.... they were epic during the PS2 days. Then they slowed during the PS3 days and came to a crawl during the PS4 days, only releasing one game... RDR2. I refuse to count a port of GTA V because it's just a PS3 game. Now they just milk GTA Online.

Case in point... GTA V originally released in 2013. Their next game was RDR 2 in 2018. It's now 2023 and we know they're working on GTA VI but there's no release date in sight. More than 10 years between GTA games. Now more than 5 years between releases.

It's not a money issue as saps keep buying their same games repeatedly. There are people that have bought GTA V three or more times in as many generations. :cautious:

Rockstar went from top tier to pathetic micro-transaction layden anti-consumer crap.

I really liked Rockstar during the PS2 days. Midnight Club, Max Payne, GTA, Smuggler's Run.... they were epic during the PS2 days. Then they slowed during the PS3 days and came to a crawl during the PS4 days, only releasing one game... RDR2. I refuse to count a port of GTA V because it's just a PS3 game. Now they just milk GTA Online.

Case in point... GTA V originally released in 2013. Their next game was RDR 2 in 2018. It's now 2023 and we know they're working on GTA VI but there's no release date in sight. More than 10 years between GTA games. Now more than 5 years between releases.

It's not a money issue as saps keep buying their same games repeatedly. There are people that have bought GTA V three or more times in as many generations. :cautious:

Rockstar went from top tier to pathetic micro-transaction layden anti-consumer crap.
Do you think we will ever get a la noire 2

Do you think we will ever get a la noire 2
No. I expect GTA VI will be the only game worked on for the foreseeable future by them. We're supposedly getting a remake of the first two Max Payne games, but I'm not even sure it's them developing it. La Noire, Midnightclub, Smugglers Run, etc.... they're all dead in the water. GTA Online will exclipse GTA VI and all other projects for the spotlight.

No. I expect GTA VI will be the only game worked on for the foreseeable future by them. We're supposedly getting a remake of the first two Max Payne games, but I'm not even sure it's them developing it. La Noire, Midnightclub, Smugglers Run, etc.... they're all dead in the water. GTA Online will exclipse GTA VI and all other projects for the spotlight.
I think we will see la noire 2 probably after gta 6 or definitely one day plus take-two teased a revival of max payne and la noire during a earnings call

Wasn't the company that developed L.A. Noire (Team Bondi) shut down? I never really thought it would get a sequel from hearing that - Nor do I feel it needs one really.

I just don't understand why it's so hard to do a MGS 1 remake. Especially if you don't really expand on the story; a like for like recreation in a modern engine surely would be a money maker.

Reactions: red
What will rockstar games do next after gta 6 me i’m predicting a la noire 2 or a new ip or potentially bully 2 could be back on the map.

I just don't understand why it's so hard to do a MGS 1 remake. Especially if you don't really expand on the story; a like for like recreation in a modern engine surely would be a money maker.

i kinda think the demand for a mgs1 remake is more of a nostalgia thing(?).. i would be interested in a slight update to the game as the ps1 graphics are very dated now but a full remake would run the risk of ruining the game, a bit like the gamecube version.. mgs1's level design wasn't designed for modern controls and modern camera angles. i just remember the gamecube game being way to easy, to the point where it wasn't fun. - a HD port of the gamecube version might keep the fans happy?

if they were to make a big budget remake of anything, my vote would go for a reimagining of mgs peace walker.. the story is really good, it's quite relevant to today with AI technology / Ai weapons and coming after the upcoming mgs3 remake, the continuation of the Boss's story would be quite powerful.

Walmart's Black Friday ad just released and it's giving me a hard choice. Three of the games I've been interested in have decent prices and now I'm scratching my head as to which I should pick up for myself.

- Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) $40
- Star Wars Jedi Survivor (PS5) $35
- God of War Ragnarok (PS5) $40

I'm leaning towards Hogwarts as it's something different. Thoughts?

Walmart's Black Friday ad just released and it's giving me a hard choice. Three of the games I've been interested in have decent prices and now I'm scratching my head as to which I should pick up for myself.

- Hogwarts Legacy (PS5) $40
- Star Wars Jedi Survivor (PS5) $35
- God of War Ragnarok (PS5) $40

I'm leaning towards Hogwarts as it's something different. Thoughts?
I think u should go with jedi survivor it’s a really fun play and i finished it.

Has anyone here played that TMNT collection i remember back in the day liking the TMNT arcade game a lot but never playing any of the other games in the series. Is it worth the price and etc?

Also on the ps store the SF 30th anniversary collection is like dirt cheap and I've never played street fighter any of them. because they didn't have them at the arcades where i grew up. So I was curious as well should i get that how does the games play etc?

@Jesse I have played the TMNT collection and it is worth the price for me. It runs well enough for my liking but I cannot compare it with the original games because I have never played them besides the first gameboy game. So I cannot tell for sure if the conversion of the games was executed well or not.

@Jesse I have played the TMNT collection and it is worth the price for me. It runs well enough for my liking but I cannot compare it with the original games because I have never played them besides the first gameboy game. So I cannot tell for sure if the conversion of the games was executed well or not.
Thanks so much for the reply and that tmnt collection does look really cool I'll end up getting it when it's on sale. Have you ever played any of the old street fighters by chance?

Back