Random Gaming Thoughts

Has anyone here played that TMNT collection i remember back in the day liking the TMNT arcade game a lot but never playing any of the other games in the series. Is it worth the price and etc?
I consider myself a Ninja Turtle knowledge base having been a fan of the franchise since the original cartoon was airing in the late 1980's till the more recent itterations (2018 and on).

I absolutely loved a majority of the games and found the Cowabunga Collection to be an insanely good value. The games run at minimum 1 to 1 to their original counterparts. However, on the NES versions, you can go into the settings of each game and decide if you want it to run better... not clipping parts of the character sprites because the NES couldn't handle all the action. Nearly half the games can also be played online, including the Arcade game. If you have PS4 or PS5, you can share play the couch co-op as well, making it so friends/family don't need to have another copy of the game.

Lastly, there's a pretty good museum that covers the different box arts, instruction manuals, maps, magazine articles/ads, etc. I believe there's also a cassette player in there to cycle through all the game's soundtracks. They did the Cowabunga Collection justice with this. I just wish other collections would do half of what this one did.

Thanks so much for the reply and that tmnt collection does look really cool I'll end up getting it when it's on sale. Have you ever played any of the old street fighters by chance?

Yes I have played the street fighter arcarde collection on my ps4 an ps5 and I also have a japanese copy of the street fighter collection for my japanese saturn.

Just heard Cyberpunk's PS5 Ultimate Edition will not included the Phanom Liberty DLC on disc but via DLC voucher... :eek:

Apparently this is due to Sony - PlayStation policy requires a re-release with on-disc DLC to be registered as a new product.

Of course, the Xbox version doesn't have this issue... but as a PS5 owner, I think I've just been put off this game for good - or until the Phanom Liberty DLC dips £7.99...

All the Valis soundtracks are amazing!

GTA 6 trailer leaked. Anyone catch it before it was nuked by Rockstar?

It basically looks like a Florida simulator.

Reactions: red
Sega announcing new games for 5 of their franchises is very encouraging and definitely shocked me the most. I'm so happy for more JSR. I presume VF 6 is on their docket in the future. The only other thing that got me absolutely amped was the new Dontnod game Lost Records: Bloom & Rage.

Liked a lot Kojima's scarce and restraint announce, versus everyone else fireworks. Jordan Peele's involvement did hit me hard, a guy with a world of his own who authored two of my favourite modern cult horror movies.
Jurassic Park Survival looked awesome and I wonder if its involved a guy who did an outstanding work recreating something in that exactly mood in PS4 Dreams between 2017-2019 and suddenly halted without further details...
For the last (I fell sleep at 3h show running) The walk game, for the same reason that it gets away from that slash/shoot/double jump/thrill present everywhere.
*Btw, Kojima mentioned that he's also working along two people he couldn't disclose at the moment but he calls "the Avengers". Due that nickname and some other reasons it rung Yu Suzuki at me, swear to god.

Liked a lot Kojima's scarce and restraint announce, versus everyone else fireworks. Jordan Peele's involvement did hit me hard, a guy with a world of his own who authored two of my favourite modern cult horror movies.
Jurassic Park Survival looked awesome and I wonder if its involved a guy who did an outstanding work recreating something in that exactly mood in PS4 Dreams between 2017-2019 and suddenly halted without further details...
For the last (I fell sleep at 3h show running) The walk game, for the same reason that it gets away from that slash/shoot/double jump/thrill present everywhere.
*Btw, Kojima mentioned that he's also working along two people he couldn't disclose at the moment but he calls "the Avengers". Due that nickname and some other reasons it rung Yu Suzuki at me, swear to god.

ive always thought kojima should collaborate with another game director. good to know he's working with jordan peele and others in upcoming games. kojima is an amazing game creator but he can go off the deep end pretty easily... hopefully they will rein him in a little.

i'm also interested to see what Udo Kier gets upto in this new game. + sophia lillis is ok. unlike most young actors/actresses, i don't find her annoying. lol

( i wonder if kojima is going to create that idea for a horror game he talked about a while back, where you receive emails and phone calls, etc in the real world?)

Last edited:
Has anyone played that new Fatal Frame called something Lunar Eclipse? I haven't played one since 3 but I've always enjoyed those games. Also i remember back in the day that Eclipse one getting alot of love from the fan base when it was on the Wii.

I’ve played around I think 10 hours of Lunar Eclipse earlier this year. Put it down for other stuff and haven’t gone back to it but I figure I must have been near the end. Not bad, but I guess it just hasn’t really grabbed me. Some random YouTube comment made a lot of what I felt about it make sense, though - since it was originally a Wii title and they wanted to push how good it could look, movement was made especially slow and restricted and put in generally small rooms. Don’t know how true that is but at least it feels that way.

That being said, the only other one I’ve played is Maiden of Black water. A lot of fans don’t seem to like that one, and perhaps I only do because it was my first, but I found the environments a lot more varied and interesting to explore, and much more manageable. Not to mention, I found the story a bit more compelling. There’s just not as much there in the other to really hook me even if I do like the more detailed bits. Just feels like there’s less going on in the other, plus a lot of repeated bits in the notes I feel I’ve already read 10 times over now.

Are these PC parts strong enough to power arcade cabinet?

CPU- i5-4690K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard-
MSI Z97-GAMING 5

RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws X 8 GB (2 x 4 GB)

Video Card- MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 970 4 GB

Power Supply- Corsair AX860i 860 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX

is it me or does anyone else find their xbox / ps5 pump out a tone of heat / hot air. its the one thing i really hate about modern consoles.

I love Nintendo but I also hate some of there business models and practices. So Nintendo has done a updated version of their beloved Suoer Mario rpg. Amazing game well worth having in the collection but the problem is the price. This game should not be $60, maybe $25-$35. It's just a updated recreation. The sad part is you can't even wait Nintendo out cause these games never drop significantly in price. Nintendo first party games are highly cherished and Nintendo knows it so they take advantage. I hate myself for loving these games so much. Legendary game just drop the price.

Probably a controversial post.

I'm working on my gaming pile of shame at the moment, 60 hours into God of War Ragnarok
and i have to say i'm not very impressed by this game.
This whole new story / setting approach doesnt work for me. Its too clean, too modern, too smooth,
its almost like a family friendly adventure game.
I can appreciate a good and deep story game, i dont have a problem with long cutscenes,
i dont have a problem with reading ingame lore etc.
But this humanization of all the characters in Ragnarok is not my thing.

Getting to know the "villain side", listening to them how they talk like normal human beings,
spending time with them and seeing how they have the same normal social problems
as any other normal being, mixed together with basic teen and family drama
and then Kratos teaming up with other people ... it has like a Marvel Avengers vibe to it
and this is not what i'm looking for when i think about God of War.

It sometimes feels like i'm playing a totally different IP
but i installed a mod to make the player character model look like Kratos.
This game has no edges, nothing risky, bold or reckless. Just your basic nice and clean modern third person story game.
Graphics are nice, voice acting is nice, environments are nice
but same as most big AAA projects, its lacking soul and the courage to do something special.
Its made with the intention that all players of all ages should be able to enjoy it. Lets play it safe in all of the categories.
And i think that approach is boring. Theres nothing here that i havent already seen a thousand times.

Back