Random Shenmue III Thoughts

No offence, but some of you are making false equivalences. There's a world of difference between sending late review codes (and 'context' matters; Doom's excuse was because they were heavily promoting the multiplayer aspect and the servers went live on the release date. Bloodstained had a day one patch that went live either the day of release or the day before) and enforcing an embargo days AFTER the game is released, with no reason at all given.

Thats really nothing special, Deep Silvers Metro Exodus had a review embargo until February 14,
game release was on February 15. Review embargo for Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order was lifted on November 14,
game release was on November 15 ... a lot of german magazines didnt even receive a review copy for Jedi Fallen Order,
they had to test the normal retail version on the release day.
Who cares if its two days before or two days after release. The game doesnt vanish from the stores or peoples heads
just because they have to wait two days. People who only trust IGN or Gamespot or whatever will see a review if they wait,
it doesnt change anything. And everyone else can simply search for gameplay on Youtube.
All the hardcore fans already bought their copies. This is like a 2 out of 10 on a scala about important things.

There's a difference between 2 days before and 2 days after.
It honestly looks like they don't want "launch sales" to be affected by reviews.
2 days before can just mean full on marketing push trying to hype the launch.

Seen a lot of people saying they are cancelling their pre orders and will wait until reviews are out or until the game is cheaper.

I agree the game looks quality but this embargo post release for people who are unsure will affect sales. Shenmue is also so divisive that people live off the negativity.

In my opinion it's honestly a fucking stupid decision, whether people disagree on whether it's a minor or major issue.

It's just bad PR and for no reason. The negative PR, skepticism and cynicism that occurs as a result of such a ludicrous embargo potentially outweighs a couple of dumb "Lolz Yakuza is better" reviews.

Seen a lot of people saying they are cancelling their pre orders and will wait until reviews are out or until the game is cheaper.

I agree the game looks quality but this embargo post release for people who are unsure will affect sales. Shenmue is also so divisive that people live off the negativity.
Sorry, but “a lot of people” tends to be people who are just consistently posting in every negative Shenmue thread they can find or a handful of people out of thousands. I’ve been on Resetera long enough to notice who appears in every single negative Shenmue thread, so I can definitely see a pattern.

I don’t take much stock in what people online say. Just make them aware they can see the finished product for themselves on YouTube/Twitch if they’re so concerned about the game’s quality.

but it’s a shame that a game with such a fragile future is relying on the shittiness of Deep Silver.

There are regular people that buy games based on scores word of mouth (hopefully this will be our strong point).
Looking at Pokemon news, they said that they also review bombed astral chain only because it was a switch exclusive lol

That stuff happens if we all just listen to some random guy who justs posts one sentence.
He even commented under that post again that all of US media are free to post reviews on launch day,
so his tweet is pretty much just a angry tweet about a UK embargo ...

Now fans can go to Era and the other places and repair his mess. Great

The same guy just commented on his own tweet, this embargo for November 21 is only for UK right now,
there is no information for the rest of Europe and the embargo for the US will be lifted on launch day.

View attachment 5519

Wow... God damn. Like someone said... This should have been a part of the first tweet.. But no, gotta get negative impressions about the game on as many people as possible first.

That's fairly pertinent information he probably should have included in his first tweet :rolleyes:
Kirk only likes to stir the pot, hes the same guy that put out a hit piece mocking another journalist having a great time interviewing Nagoshi about judgement caise Kirk's interview was so disasterous

This isnt even a shenmue thing, the guy is just an asshole and insults people for no good reason.

Kirk only likes to stir the pot, hes the same guy that put out a hit piece mocking another journalist having a great time interviewing Nagoshi about judgement caise Kirk's interview was so disasterous

This isnt even a shenmue thing, the guy is just an asshole.
I don't want to hate games journalism, I really don't...

He also says he’s publishing his review on release day even though he’s in the UK. No matter. The damage is done. I’ve seen this play out many times now. I’ve posted the retraction you know where and I guarantee people will continue to ignore the retraction for many more pages.

hes the same guy that put out a hit piece mocking another journalist having a great time interviewing Nagoshi about judgement caise Kirk's interview was so disasterous
This sounds juicy. What was the deal with Kirk's interview?

Back