Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I don't want to hate games journalism, I really don't...
I dont think kirk should represent all journalists at all, he's so much more vile than I think anyone else in the business. Theres tons of well meaning and enthusiastic journalists out there, hes just an asshole as a person outside of his profession and regularly condescends any gamer that disagrees with him.

This sounds juicy. What was the deal with Kirk's interview?
His interview was actually funny and he seemed to take it in good faith, it was just Nagoshi was total jet lagged and miserable the whole time barely awake the entire interview and just not answering questions looking like he was about to die, he even specifies its not to rag on Nagoshi it just showcases how weird E3 can be.

Then some smaller site had an interview with him at the same E3 conference, and the interview was swimming in energy and the interviewer just starts complimenting what Nagoshi has done with yakuza specifying how japanese they are and that its a big reason why people love them.....which is true ask literally any fan and that is a big part of the games they wont work in other countries, now your probably wondering why im bringing this up....cause this was one of the biggest sources of ire for kirk to get weirdly insulting over
you can find him circle-jerking with other checkmark journalists too all acting like what these people said is some horrendous unprofessional act of treason, now to be transparent this smaller journalist is known to stir the pot for the other side too but its obvious in this case this was nothing but spite.

Let me be fully clear here, im not one of those "fuck games journalists" people, I think alot of them are well meaning, and alot of the bad ones are underpaid and overworked. Theres only a select few elitist assholes that give em a bad name, Kirk is one of them not the norm..

Anyway to chime in on the embargo itself, I do think its fairly telling of Deep Silver's faith in the game, I kind of got the vibe that they really just don't seem to believe much in it at all and are just gonna try cutting their losses without putting too much into promoting the game, I'm still kind of in the same mindset I have been for a while now, I know I will love the game, I fully accept its going to likely flop both critically and financially, thats sad as hell and disappointing cause I want 4 so badly, but I am going to enjoy 3 as a final game in the series even if it obviously isnt the end.

You can call me pessimistic, but I just feel there's a lot riding against the game and there's not much for me to gain denying them. I will say I am not too happy with Deep Silver's handling of the situation.

People don’t care about corrections. I posted his corrections on Resetera and I was ignored.
I went to check the resetera thread because I'm a big dummy masochist I guess, and seeing them scramble to keep the narrative alive after you posted that tweet legit had me laughing out loud.

If the review embargo is the release day, I don't see it as telling of anything, just doing their usual routine.
I doubt DS will lose anything, they seemed to publish a lot of games, to magically make them EGS exclusive.
They probably already recouped a lot from Epic alone.

You can call me pessimistic, but I just feel there's a lot riding against the game and there's not much for me to gain denying them. I will say I am not too happy with Deep Silver's handling of the situation.

I still think that someone like Microsoft will push for an Xbone/Scarlet port of Shenmue 3 since the first two games are on Game Pass. If Yakuza on Xbox showed me anything, stranger things have happened. But yeah, Deep Silver as a publisher has been completely poor in their handling of Shenmue 3, especially in terms of marketing. It feels like they're relying on the fans to create a grassroots campaign or something since they dont know how to market it, though admittedly that's just the cynic in me speaking.
Still planning on doing my part and double dipping when S3 launches on Steam, hopefully it does something for Shenmue 4.

I still think that someone like Microsoft will push for an Xbone/Scarlet port of Shenmue 3 since the first two games are on Game Pass. If Yakuza on Xbox showed me anything, stranger things have happened. But yeah, Deep Silver as a publisher has been completely poor in their handling of Shenmue 3, especially in terms of marketing. It feels like they're relying on the fans to create a grassroots campaign or something since they dont know how to market it, though admittedly that's just the cynic in me speaking.
Still planning on doing my part and double dipping when S3 launches on Steam, hopefully it does something for Shenmue 4.
Honestly I would not put it past MS straight up funding shenmue 4 cause they have made it pretty clear they want to make another push towards asia especially now that PC gaming is starting to become more of a thing, a niche thing, but still more than what it once was.

If this somewhat reliable site is to believed, there could be an XB1 version coming eventually

Guys, if there's any place corrections would ever be excepted, It's Youtube. People on Reddit, and especially resetera of all hell holes, don't care about reality of a situation or rather or not the info they spread is accurate(infact trying to correct false info on resetera is likely to get you instant banned depending on why they are spreading the false info in the first place, nomatter how calmly, and professional you write out the correction).

In short, people we should keep our efforts focused on Youtube.

Last edited:
They haven’t banned me. They just don’t care.

Yes, there are only two responses, ban or ignore, and it just depends on the reason why they're spreading false info.

If It's just false info not tied to any alternative motives, you'll likely just be ignored.

Back