Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Whatever. I tried to correct the record but it’s like plugging a ship with a million holes with your finger.

hopefully the game comes out and wows the believers and nonbelievers alike. This’ll just be a blip.

the next round of bad news will be backers not receiving the game on the 19th so just steel yourselves...

Quick question, after Ryo defeats Don Niu on the rooftop why didn't Lan Di land the helicopter and beat the living hell out of everyone? He could have taken Yuan da Zhun to.

2 days👊🥋👊
Yeah I remember wondering about that too. Maybe he has a weird sense of honor and allowed this as a reward for Ryo defeating Don Niu. Maybe he felt responsible for Don Niu's incompetence and felt he had no right to take Zhu at that point. Maybe he recognized Ryo and felt a bit of pity for him, even a slight amount of guilt if he realized Ryo is now chasing after him for the same reason he hunted down Iwao. Maybe he saw himself in Ryo and felt too conflicted to continue.

Or maybe he was just worried that by the time he got off his ladder they'd already be back at the first floor of the building anyways. I dunno.

I finally made it to Langhuishan. Now I wait till 11/18/19 9:30pm EST. I'll finish the remainder if Shenmue 2 and roll right into Shenmue 3.

Man it felt so good to see that staredown between Ryo and Lan Di again. Ryo had that look like,"In 2 more days your ass is mine."😂

2 days👊🥋👊

20191116_182816.jpg

20191116_182840.jpg

Last edited:
I finally made it to Langhuishan. Now I wait till 11/18/19 9:30pm. I'll finish the remainder if Shenmue 2 and roll right into Shenmue 3.

Man it felt so good to see that staredown between Ryo and Lan Di again. Ryo had that look like,"In 2 more days your ass is mine."😂

2 days👊🥋👊
Yeah, I'm doing exactly the same :D(y)

I’ve been ignored on reddit too. They won’t listen to corrections. Being a shenmue fan is hard work sometimes *sigh*
My mate just sent me this from what he saw in store today...so glad to see it’s actually getting attention! We are so close now guys!
View attachment 5522
funny to see game (uk) is getting ready to sell it, i remember they were taking pre-orders for shenmue 3 back in 2003/4 lol

I finally made it to Langhuishan. Now I wait till 11/18/19 9:30pm EST. I'll finish the remainder if Shenmue 2 and roll right into Shenmue 3.

2 days👊🥋👊

View attachment 5524

View attachment 5525
Shenmue games always have the best textures, glad 3 continues this tradition. Just look at those crisp mountains, the cracked wall on the leftmost building, the mother FUCKING jean creases behind Ryo's knees. 👀 God I love it.

That's relieving that for US the embargo drops on launch day. Not the UK reviewers fault that his tweet blew up but for example I thought his tweet applied to all regions.

Although why would there be a really late embargo for UK and/or Europe? Are they getting a late patch.

That's relieving that for US the embargo drops on launch day. Not the UK reviewers fault that his tweet blew up but for example I thought his tweet applied to all regions.

Although why would there be a really late embargo for UK and/or Europe? Are they getting a late patch.
I'm of the opinion the UK embargo probably doesn't exist until we get some concrete evidence to the contrary. Logically it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and our only source for this idea has proven to be pretty shaky.

It’s gonna be funny when the game is reviewed on the 19th and the usual suspects find some little sliver of something to complain about. If it reviews better than expected, expect talk of money hats. (why did IGN and Gamespot give it favorable coverage a week ahead of release!???) I’ll be interested in what Famitsu has to say.

The same guy just commented on his own tweet, this embargo for November 21 is only for UK right now,
there is no information for the rest of Europe and the embargo for the US will be lifted on launch day.

View attachment 5519

oh nice of him to clarify this AFTER the torches were lit.

Games Journalism. And they wonder why their profession is looked down upon and laughed at.

Back