Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Okay so there is this holy temple in Bailu and...

Inside you can find a SEGA Saturn in one of the drawers. I found that funny. Are the monks having fun with Space Harrier when nobody's looking? Or maybe they like the Saturn hentai games. ;)

There is also a photo of a pig that Ryo comments on. In English he says "What a sly pose. Not my type though" , but in Japanese he just says "Cute"

I fucking love this game and have wasted entire days chopping wood and flexing at the Dojo.

Even as a huge fan, I can conceed that Day 1 is a bit messy. Lots of oddly stitched together cutscenes, walled off aread, serious stamina depletion, among others. However once you get to Day 2 and are let off the leash to do as you please, I've been absolutely hooked.

Im about 6 hours in and finally got to the first arcade last night. QTE title was always my favourite and I'm thrilled with how it's presented here. There's some absolute arsehole fake-outs to get you to press the wrong button. The detail on the arcade machines is incredible, I'm assuming Kid Nocon did them ,and he's done an incredible job. The wear and tear on the punchpads, the cracked leather, the snappy animations. Looks great. Then you've got by contrast the newer, glossy whack a mole which is good fun too. Ran out of time to play the others but looking forward to that tonight.

Man I feel you on that I played whack a mole and had the time of my life.

Any tips on the Highway/Car game? Do I literally have to be DIRECTLY CENTERED over the balls to get tem to count or what? Its damn frustrating to get to 210 miles or whatever (3 from the end) and get stopped every time.

So, I’m assuming you don’t get miniature versions of the arcade games when you get a high enough score?

Okay so there is this holy temple in Bailu and...

Inside you can find a SEGA Saturn in one of the drawers. I found that funny. Are the monks having fun with Space Harrier when nobody's looking? Or maybe they like the Saturn hentai games. ;)

There is also a photo of a pig that Ryo comments on. In English he says "What a sly pose. Not my type though" , but in Japanese he just says "Cute"
Yeah, i found these few hours ago. Really funny 😄
Ar first I thought, now Ryo‘s going to take it out of the drawer and connect it to a TV to play Space Harrier or Hang-On 😂

Are you much further than that spot?

Right now, I‘m looking for an old pervert, which will tell me somethinh about the green bridge

I fucking love this game and have wasted entire days chopping wood and flexing at the Dojo.

Even as a huge fan, I can conceed that Day 1 is a bit messy. Lots of oddly stitched together cutscenes, walled off aread, serious stamina depletion, among others. However once you get to Day 2 and are let off the leash to do as you please, I've been absolutely hooked.

Im about 6 hours in and finally got to the first arcade last night. QTE title was always my favourite and I'm thrilled with how it's presented here. There's some absolute arsehole fake-outs to get you to press the wrong button. The detail on the arcade machines is incredible, I'm assuming Kid Nocon did them ,and he's done an incredible job. The wear and tear on the punchpads, the cracked leather, the snappy animations. Looks great. Then you've got by contrast the newer, glossy whack a mole which is good fun too. Ran out of time to play the others but looking forward to that tonight.

I miss the boxer telling Ryo "You suck!".

Yeah, i found these few hours ago. Really funny 😄
Ar first I thought, now Ryo‘s going to take it out of the drawer and connect it to a TV to play Space Harrier or Hang-On 😂

Are you much further than that spot?

Right now, I‘m looking for an old pervert, which will tell me somethinh about the green bridge

Not much further no...

Currently chasing after old people. Just talked to one who was smoking... something. I keep getting sidetracked

Any tips for fishing? I haven't got a clue what I'm doing. Rented the most expensive gear. Spinning the right stick seems to reel the fish in soooooo slowly and it seems to pull away constantly. Ended up losing the fish :(

Spin it FAST.

I've had a fish on every single cast I've made (save for 1) and have reeled in all of them.

Just spin the heck out of it AND move the left analogue to where the arrows tell you :)

Any tips for fishing? I haven't got a clue what I'm doing. Rented the most expensive gear. Spinning the right stick seems to reel the fish in soooooo slowly and it seems to pull away constantly. Ended up losing the fish :(

It's easy. Once a fish bites, reel in by rotating right stick, then when arrows appear to either left or right, you hold the left stick that direction while you keep reeling in.

Back