Random Shenmue III Thoughts

So, slowly making in through Bailu, music related issue/question:
does the Sunflower place have inconsistent music for anyone else? It played during the day, not during the night. And only around the sunflower patches, going down to the fishing area and it goes all ambient (which is nice in its own way, just a bit weird)

So, slowly making in through Bailu, music related issue/question:
does the Sunflower place have inconsistent music for anyone else? It played during the day, not during the night. And only around the sunflower patches, going down to the fishing area and it goes all ambient (which is nice in its own way, just a bit weird)

Been the same for me. I think it just cuts off to highlight the ambience around the fishing area. This game does have some pretty awesome ambience. I love the sound of rain when it comes

Been the same for me. I think it just cuts off to highlight the ambience around the fishing area. This game does have some pretty awesome ambience. I love the sound of rain when it comes
Yeah, the ambience is amazing. And its different at all points in the day, you can hear wolves at night, which is doubly funny from what Shenhua says in 2, and because of the darkness at night I constantly here in my mind the phrase "Wolves hunt in packs" (anyone whos played Dragons Dogma will get this quote).

Thanks for confirming :)

Any tips for how to get a excellent hit consistently while chopping wood?
The only thing I found that helps is try to 'lead the target', so to speak. There's a slight delay between when you press the button and where Ryo strikes, in that time he's kept moving a little. Aim for where you'll be not where you are, if that makes sense.

The rest is up to chance. Some games you'll get more thick logs then others and just have an easier time of it.

I seem to have hit a serious bug. I saved next to the bed, then powered down my PS4, upon returning to the game, I return by the bed, select sleep, it goes into the laying down animation but the sleep/save/cancel options remain, ryo awakes and the options save/cancel remain, I can only save, if I select cancel the promos disappear but the buttons are completely unresponsive leaving me frozen. Absolutely gutted.

Gotta say the horse stance minigame is so boring, its a shame cause the one inch punch while nothing amazing has something active going on that makes it easy to train, but horse stance just lacks anything, if they just made it so you had to follow a moving green marker or something rather than just keeping it in place cause im literally doing it without looking watching youtube videos cause its that mindless.

I seem to have hit a serious bug. I saved next to the bed, then powered down my PS4, upon returning to the game, I return by the bed, select sleep, it goes into the laying down animation but the sleep/save/cancel options remain, ryo awakes and the options save/cancel remain, I can only save, if I select cancel the promos disappear but the buttons are completely unresponsive leaving me frozen. Absolutely gutted.

That sounds awful, but a lot like a bug that happened to me when I played the PC demo. If i used the program DS4Windows (Dual Shock thing to make it work on Windows properly) a similar thing to that happened to me.

Do you have a cloud save you could load?

“Have you noticed how attractive Shenhua has gotten lately? Those thugs are one thing, but I think that is a much bigger concern.”

LMFAO

Oh, Yu. What you did there, I see it.

At the rate I'm going it might well be months before I finish Shenmue 3. I know there's a story out there and I'm eager learn more. It's just I've been spending most of my time running around Bailu doing random shit and levelling my Kung Fu. No games I've ever experienced feel quite like Shenmue and I'm going to savour Shenmue 3 for all its worth.

Back