Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Days like today make me wish I was rich. Because if I was, I would have easily given Yu Suzuki one billion dollars in development funds without even expecting a return on my investment. Not only for Shenmue III, but for each subsequent game after it. The only two stipulations I would have is to make the best damn game possible, and to not tell anyone the development budget for the game. In my opinion, Shenmue is one of the best franchises in gaming history and it deserves nothing but the best.

Days like today make me wish I was rich. Because if I was, I would have easily given Yu Suzuki one billion dollars in development funds without even expecting a return on my investment. Not only for Shenmue III, but for each subsequent game after it. The only two stipulations I would have is to make the best damn game possible, and to not tell anyone the development budget for the game. In my opinion, Shenmue is one of the best franchises in gaming history and it deserves nothing but the best.

Thought exactly the same this morning, but expanded to Sega as a whole and bringing back the ambitious arcade machines. Maybe we should write a fanfic lol.

Re-playing now and I appreciate even more the hard work that went into this game. I like the "sum of it while playing makes it great" approach because I assure you I could write a huge thread picking apart bits and stuff, from major flaws to nitpicking, but when playing it ... it flies by. I'm having a good time. And if that's not what games are about, well, then I dont wanna know. As an example I enjoyed the absolute hell out of playing old Mega Drive II games with my dad over the holidays. Have they aged poorly (from a kids perspective)? Yes. Are some mechanics full of flaws? Definitely. But had fun, proper fun. Right now I'm back at that point where I don't wanna leave Bailu again (haven't even got to to the master this move bit!) yet anticipating the fun of Niaowu. I find myself much more forgiving this round playing, actually finding the stuff that I enjoy the most and just going with it. Still think III is a run up to IV where we will see the major action and this alone makes me appreciate what we've actually got this time running more.

Heh, I have similar thoughts about Virtua Fighter too. I'm not as charitable as you though, I'd offer them a sum of money for the rights to port/release the games on PC/Xbox Scarlet/PS5 and get M2 or Code Mystics to do it. I'm sure I'd be able to turn a profit.

I do wonder what will become of Shenmue IV. I've heard mixed things about sales, and I wonder if Sega has any interest in being involved with a sequel, even if it's just lending more IP for capsule toys etc.

Creating a thread about what we would have ideally wanted with the development of Shenmue 3 may generate interest.

Personally, I would have liked the Yakuza development team working on the game with Yu Suzuki collaborating with Toshihiro Nagoshi.

The game would have been developed with the Dragon engine and the screenplay writers for Shenmue 1 and 2 would have written Shenmue 3.

Returning characters from Shenmue 1 and 2 would have been voiced by the original voice actors.

This is just off the top of my head so I may add to this later.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

I'm not sure Dragon Engine is able to depict locations as exotic as Bailu and Niaowu. Shenmue 3 would have felt bland with it.

If they supported Shenmue 3, Sega could also have backed Unreal Engine 4 as a great opportunity to learn more about the most flexible engine in the market and make assets for future projects such as Virtua Fighter 6.

But they can still catch up with Shenmue 4 since Yu has done the dirty work...

I'd love to see Shenmue using the original games' engine :p
Unironically think the retro throw-back style might pull some attention.

Creating a thread about what we would have ideally wanted with the development of Shenmue 3 may generate interest.

Personally, I would have liked the Yakuza development team working on the game with Yu Suzuki collaborating with Toshihiro Nagoshi.

The game would have been developed with the Dragon engine and the screenplay writers for Shenmue 1 and 2 would have written Shenmue 3.

Returning characters from Shenmue 1 and 2 would have been voiced by the original voice actors.

This is just off the top of my head so I may add to this later.

Thoughts?

I created such a thread.

I'm gonna say it. Y'all are gonna hate me but... I like Shenmue III better than Shenmue I.

Hah, didn't think people would actually agree.

My opinion is crazier.

I like it better than both 1 and 2.

Now THAT is a crazy opinion I do not share. But I respect it.

Twitter blocked at work!!!!
It's amazing! It'll blow your mind!

VlhpkQJ.jpg

I was in the Tomato Convenience Store in Nouwu, and i was just looking through the cakes and muffins they are selling. And on one point Ryo is saying "There you are" and i was wondering what it was and i saw it was a muffin-like bird-thing. ^^ I was laughing out loud. ^^

Back